waiting for ivf and struggling!

Yeah I have wondered what size they get to naturally.
I had 4 follies on my endo side and 20odd on the pcos side.

Hospital tomorrow and see how I get on.

Is someone having egg collection today? X

Wow 2have4kids your tenants sound like hard work! Goodluck for the IUI tomorrow.xxx
Mummy.w so glad it's moving along now yeah I have issues with needles to very scary:nope:
My name is Catherine
So when u go to the hospital tomorrow will it be for a scan to check what size yur follicle are

Currently I am just waiting for my scan appointment have to wait till mid marh before I can start chasing

Bundles! Haven't heard from you in a while :) Thanks so much for the well wishes with IUI.
Grow follies GROW! For both of you. You ladies are lucky that you're in the same area and can bump into each other at the clinic.

I gave myself my first ever shot last night and didn't even feel it. I squeezed my belly fat so much all I could feel was the pain from my fingers, didn't feel the needle at all.

Do you guys know if during IVF they use a trigger shot too? I still have some of the HCG left in the vial.

Yep, there is a trigger shot for IVF too. Mine is Ovitrelle.

Good luck!

2have4kids: I am on two amps of menopur which I think is the minimum hence same as last time. I had appx 30 follies last time and ended up with 19 eggs! although didnt result in pregnancy or any frosties - so definately quality over quantity. Well done on doing your injections I find it hurts less doing it yourself

good luck tomorrow mummywannabe x

WOW, that's alot of eggs! How does one get quality over quantity then? Sometimes I think this whole business is such a crapshoot. I'm going to go do some research, you've given me some fodder to chew on.

I haven't a clue about quality over quantity but I only had 2 and they were excellent
Quality.

Hi Catherine, haven't heard from you for awhile. Hope your well. Are you going anything to pass the time/ prepare?

Melbram seems crazy with 19 you didn't get any to freeze. It's do weird, but we can't see what goes on on the inside.

I can't remember what my trigger was called.

I no it was so frustrating - 13 of the 19 were mature enough for ICSI - 6 fertilised - 2 rubish embies were put back the other 4 stoppd growing - so this time round Ill be eating more protein and taking royal jelly - dont like taking too many tablets. Dont think there is anything I can do to stop myself producing as many eggs I just hope they will be better quality this time although of course the hospital tell you nothing or give you any tips. The nurse at my follow up couldnt even tell me whether any of my eggs were broken in the ICSI process bearing in mind less than half fertilised

You were so lucky mummywannabe - you had 5 day transfer too right? fx for a few more good eggies this time - how are things so far having been for your scan?

Hey
We just got back from London.
Yes I had 5 day as the 2 we had were good ones. So if I had have known about taking progesterone until 10-12 weeks maybe I could be nearly popping twins by now.

Scan went well. The follies are bigger than they were at my 1st scan last time. They were 7-10mm today and at my 1st scan last cycle they were mostly 5-6mm.
So the higher dose is doing better.
I felt so sick last time from like day 2. Haven't had any of that so far. Fingers crossed.
I have to wait for the call later to say what day I need to go back.
I think Friday.

Are you ok?
I'm so tired. For up at 5.30!! Hate that.
Need an afternoon nap now ha x

Great news mummywannabe - from what I remember the size your follies are up to now is where they should be so FX you will be having your EC some time next week! exciting times

Im not too bad been off work yesterday and today - banging headache and aching from head to toe - feeling a bit brighter now. Its amazing the things you find out through books and forums - just read about something you can buy called pregnitude - it helps with ovulations and egg quality - bit later for me to start it now but definately something to think about at a later date if IVF doesnt work out and/or when trying naturally for baby number 2 ;)

Oh Hope your ok soon, loads of stuff going around.
If I bought some of those pills it prob be too late x

Great news mummywannabe - from what I remember the size your follies are up to now is where they should be so FX you will be having your EC some time next week! exciting times

Im not too bad been off work yesterday and today - banging headache and aching from head to toe - feeling a bit brighter now. Its amazing the things you find out through books and forums - just read about something you can buy called pregnitude - it helps with ovulations and egg quality - bit later for me to start it now but definately something to think about at a later date if IVF doesnt work out and/or when trying naturally for baby number 2 ;)

https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/supplements-and-miscarriage/d-chiro-inositol

One of it's main ingredients is myo-inositol. Seems to be great for egg quality. I have it at home but haven't been taking it, I think I'll pop one tonight!
I wish you guys fantastic egg quality this time around fx!

2have4kids how did the IUI process go? How long do you have to wait till you know?

Hi hayley it's been hard just literally counting down the days, and joining all sort of things:wacko: last week alone I joined boot camp and yoga which they run at my work place first boot camp was today and I am very sore it hurts just typing this message. My appointment letter for the ultrasound finally arrived today:happydance: it's on the 06 th march so tomorrow I am going to call the consultant to see if I can't have the referral appointment sooner than the 11th apr
Have they told you what day you need to go back?

Melbram I tried to do some research on pregnitude I don't know if we can get it in the uk. On their website shipping is only with us

Hi Ladies! The IUI went so much better than last time, they hurt me last time and this time I didn't feel ANYTHING! I was like what? It's over? So relieved, I was really stressed waiting before for it to happen because I thought it would hurt again. So glad it's over.

If you don't have pregnatude in the UK you could just look for the ingredients in it: 200mg folic acid (I've got 5mg in my prenatal vit) and 2000 mg My-Inositol. Inositol also helps with insulin resistance.

Bundles, good for you with your bootcamp! It's a good sort of hurt though right? I always feel really great after a workout, feel the muscles you never knew you had lol,

Glad the IUI went well?
Are you not put out?
What happens now?

I'm due to go back Friday and that's my day off anyway so don't need it off work.
Had my 1st weird day. Did everything wrong because my head was banging allday and I just couldn't concentrate at all.

Bundles good for you doing boot camp! I hate exercise ha so that's not my thing.
I used to dance until I was 16 and when I started college I had to stop and started to put on weight from then really.
Been to loads of different gyms and classes but never stuck at it for long. I like to go with someone and have never really had someone that can comit to certain days or same that I could.
Wish I liked exercise and I could deal with my weight a big better x

You haven't got to wait long for then ultrasound tho, that's really good. Hope you can get a referral before April x

Hi Ladies

2have4kids - so glad it went well this time, are you now in the 2ww then? Good luck!

mummy.wannabe - sorry you had a rubbish day. I thought the worse thing about the meds would be the injections but its actually the headaches. Hope you are feeling better today.

bundles - 6th March isnt long, less than a week! Hope you can get things moving sooner.

Melbram - hope you are feeling better. Think I'll reaserch pregnitude too. I am currently on Pregnacare Conception and DP is on Wellman Conception. Hoping they are helping us along!

AFM, yesterday I met my cousins brand new baby girl. It was fine, she of course is gorgeous. Was coping really well until her boyfriend told me about some friends of theirs who had IVF 3 times, all of which failed it broke their relationship, they split up, several years later they got back together and fell pregnant naturally. I'm not sure in what way he thought this could be of any possible comfort?!! I know people dont know what to say sometimes, but really it is better to just say nothing whatsobloody ever!

Also we have had a rush on with our work and DP might have to work away during some of the IVF (but obviously not the crucial bits!). I really have to master being able to do my own injections :wacko:

Anyways, not long until our appointment to sign consents etc on Monday and just under 2 weeks until we start jabbing.

Hope everyone has a fab Thursday x

Hi Pinkie, I hate break up stories like that. You're right people should watch what they say and if it's bad news about other people just keep that to themselves. My colleague did the EXACT thing, I was so mad I created a thread on infertility etiquette. This was, of course after she went around bragging that her man has superman troopers because they conceived off the first try. The story she told my client and communication strategist in our meeting was a colleague who was diagnosed with complete premature ovarian cessation at 30 years old, on an adoption list and dropped off the list only to divorce 2 years after they were married. What a horrible story to spread around the workplace. I was embarrassed for the lady. Clearly she confided in the wrong person. :nope:

Pinkie good luck with your injections. I found that if you pinch your belly fat really hard, my brain focused on the pain of my fingers pinching rather than the needle itself. Ha, I thought it was a nice trick. I didn't even feel the needle.:flower:

Hey pinkie not long at all. 2 weeks will fly by. I should be in my 2 week wait by then hopefully.

I agree some people don't know what to say but they should say nothing.
Everyone at work is just fascinated by how it works and asking questions.

I have heard a lot of people that spilt up but shows you that they aren't as close a couple as you think.
This has made hubby and I even closer. I always knew he was kind and supportive but I know it even more now.
Don't think about it because you don't be going down that route either!

Been a very busy day and its only going to get busier as it starts to become planting season, as I work in a garden centre.
People come to the coffee shop 1st and then look around after. We are one if the busiest coffee places I've ever seen because we're not in town, don't have to pay parking etc its just so full on sometimes x

I couldn't do my own injections I don't think. I hate them so much. I punch my belly as hubby does the injection.
The gonal pen needle doesn't hurt me but I find the 2nd I have does. It's a thicker needle and needs a bit more pressure.
Just can't wait for that bit to be over.

How does hubby feel about having to go away? X

Thanks ladies x
I know sometimes people speak before thinking but it makes you want to scream. I had already listened to him prattling on about how the next baby is going to be a boy and if it isnt they'll keep going until it is. My cousin didnt say much, I think if she could have reached she would have kicked him under the table! Hey ho.

mummy.wannabe - how are you doing, are you feeling better? I think I'd like to work with plants although I'm not sure I could cope with the bus loads of silvertops who mantle around our local garden center, it must take a lot of patience! When is your next scan?

2have4kids - you seem to be doing really well on the weight loss, how much are you losing a week?

I think I'll try the fat pinching thing for the injections. I did put ice on first to numb the area last time and it did work sometimes. During IVF last time, DP was ill and I de-camped to my parents (he had the noro virus :wacko:) and mum did the jabs. When DP jabs, it hurts a lot of the time, it didnt hurt at all when mum did it. I think he must have been so nervous. So I'm determined to try this time and if he is away, I'll have no choice! He really doesnt want to go but I've told him to. Its pointless in not taking the work while its there, especially when I know I'll be good for nothing for a few weeks!

Whats everyone doing this weekend? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->