waiting for ivf and struggling!

So what you going on the 11th?
You have to down reg?
I really hope its good news x

Yes, the down reg starts on the 11th. Last time I had 7 days of down reg, then had (the most horrific) AF, rang the clinic on CD1, had a scan and bloodwork a few days later to check I was fully down regulated, and then started stims a few days after that. The process seems to start slow and then speed up once the scans/stims start kicking in. x

Only down reg for 7 days. So that makes you have a period does it?

Just waiting for my prescription. £45 this time.
I've got 1 at 19. 5 at 18 and the rest are 16 and 15. Hopefully have a few more eggs this time.
I've asked for egg collection Friday if poss but I think it will be Thursday collection so the eggs don't go too big x

Thats great news! Fingers crossed for lots of healthy eggs x

By the time the stims start the down reg has lasted about 2 weeks. The whole process should be about 6 weeks from start to finish.

Are your drugs not covered by your NHS funding?

It's my 12th day of injections and I did 22 last time. It's gone a lot quicker.
Someone said that when your having a normal period your ovaries are the size of walnuts and at the moment mine will be the size of grapefruits ha it's so weird to think about it like that. No wonder I'm bloated ha can't keep my belly in.

Once you get started the days do fly by. Did you feel like that last time? Hopefully it will go quickly for you all.

You only have to pay prescription fees for each item you need. I've just been given 1 days dose of gonal and paid £8 and obviously if the pen was full I'd pay £8. The consulatant told me they cost about £600 when full so I can't complain really because I know we are lucky to get goes on the Nhs.

I can't wait now to have them collected. I'm not nervous yet but ill be a nightmare on the day because being knocked out scares me but will have my hubby to look after me x

I'm not nervous yet but ill be a nightmare on the day because being knocked out scares me but will have my hubby to look after me x

So they knock you guys out in the UK? I'm terrified of this part of the process too because they leave you awake and just numb the area here in Canada. I don't mind any surgery really as long as they knock me out. But surgery and invasive stuff down there? The first IUI was enough unmedicated pain for me thanks!

Yes they knock you out and tho it frightens me, I'm glad because I can't stop my mind going crazy, id be thinking horrible thoughts.

Well I've had a stressful day!!
We had already been to hospital this morning.
Left at 6am and I was back to work at 12. Got a call from the nurse at 1 saying they were worried about hyper stimulation and that I needed to go back again and get a different injection to take.
I spent £50 on stuff this morning and then paid another £40 this afternoon because I wasn't allowed to take the stuff given this morning with the different injection.

They have given me burserin to trigger tonight as they said it matures the eggs slower and doesn't release the hormones that cause hyper stimulation and normally you do the progesterone suppositories from after egg collection but now I have to have 2 progesterone injections a day!!! Argh I thought they were over with.

I thought I knew what I was doing and know I'm a bit thrown after today. I'm a bit worried and hopefully it will all be ok and ill still have a few eggs on collection x
It never goes to plan x

Go for a walk, do anything to calm down. The week after egg collection try to get lots of exercise, sleep and do things that calm your brain. Stress won't help your IVF! I'm glad your doctors are on top of things/controlling hyper ovulation. FX for you.

Thank you 2have4kids

I'm having a stressful time at work and can't wait to be off x

Awww mummy.wannabe, sounds like an (expensive) pain. Hope you are ok. As 2have4kids says, its great that they are on the ball. Treat yourself to something scrummy and put your feet up. :hugs:

I just need to chill but got a few things to sort out at work tomorrow, that are bothering me.

Got to have my trigger soon and then going up to bed x

Had an early night as after my trigger I felt really sick.

Woke up this morning and I had the weirdest dream ever.
Explain later.

Has anyone else's site format changed? Mines gone all weird x

Nope, all the same here. Hope you are feeling better x

Not long now and you will be having your EC mummywannabe - wish I could fast forward a few weeks now. Everything crossed for lots of fertile embies - so exciting

My meds are being delivered tomorrow - hurrah!

I feel so silly, I nearly puked my vits up the other morning, had to lay down after feeling hot and sweaty all at once (I've experienced this when i was preggers in sept) then stuffy nose as I had last time so I got all excited and tested last night and saw a line. I was jumping around the house for about 10 minutes even tho I know it's WAY too early to test until I realised that I took a trigger shot last Sunday for the first time in my life. There we have it, it takes a minimum 12 days to clear your system and here I am dancing around like a lunnie! Dumb dumb me, I sat down and had a cup of tea to calm my nerves and get over myself. POOOH.

I hate this waiting, just get us all there already. Sick of waiting and def having a cranky moment.

Oh nooo bless you.
Yes the trigger shows up as a positive result and that's why they don't like you to test before the date just incase it's still in your system.
It can still happen.
When are you due to test?

I have sorted things at work but 1 girl is not going to be a happy bunny on Saturday when my boss speaks to her.
She bares horrible grudges on people so not sure how that's going to be, but I have 2 weeks off. Tho I'm sure she will text me. It's all play ground stuff and I don't want or need it.

I'm trying not to think about tomorrow because I'm getting nervous.
Got to leave at 5. That's going to kill me x

Oh nooo bless you.
Yes the trigger shows up as a positive result and that's why they don't like you to test before the date just incase it's still in your system.
It can still happen.
When are you due to test?

I have sorted things at work but 1 girl is not going to be a happy bunny on Saturday when my boss speaks to her.
She bares horrible grudges on people so not sure how that's going to be, but I have 2 weeks off. Tho I'm sure she will text me. It's all play ground stuff and I don't want or need it.

I'm trying not to think about tomorrow because I'm getting nervous.
Got to leave at 5. That's going to kill me x
I'm due to test next Friday the 15th according to my fs but I's like to test again Sunday this weekend.

Don't worry about your co-worker, is it because you're going to be away or is it interrelationship stuff? Shake it off and think 30 years from now that stuff is small potatoes and laughable, your ET is BIG potatoes. Think frothy ocean water washing up on sandy beaches and a baby playing in front of you. Think about the smiling pride of your DH and the kicks in your tummy when you're carrying. Fill your mind with your own personal success story<3<3 xx

Good luck Mummy.Wanabe for EC. I'm thinking lots of lovely juicy eggs xx

We're now hopefully having all our treatment at a new clinic that's just opened up which is aLOT closer to us. Wasn't keen at first as was worrying about the process not being organised properly as a new place but talked it over with nurse who sorts the drugs & I think those fears are unfounded. They've got a top embryologist & new equipment. Got to have an appointment with their consultant 18 March, hopefully still ok to start down reg 4 April. Quick travel time has got to be a good thing after previously 1 and 2 hour drives.

mummy.wannabe - good luck for tomorrow, hope it goes well. Will be thinking of you :hugs:

2have4kids - bummer! I know its easier said than done but try not to test too early. Keeping everything crossed you have avoided IVF x

Melbram - great stuff, it always seems a bit closer when the drugs arrive. Looking forward to getting started on Monday, are you injecting in the evenings?

Minxychick - 4th April will be here before you know it. I'm sure a shorter journey will ease the pressure and will be less tiring. Wishing you loads of luck for this cycle.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->