waiting for ivf and struggling!

Hello

mummy.wannabe - fab news! Hope all goes well tomorrow x

2have4kids - glad you are in a positive frame of mind for your IVF. I'm not sure I'd choose the progesetrone injections however, they sound tricky and painful to me, I think mummy.wannabe is being very brave about it!

Melbram - Good luck with your injection... we're off...!

Last Buserelin free day for me too for a while. First jab tonight at 6pm. DP is working 2.5hrs away today but he says he is planning on being back this evening depite me telling him not to exhaust himself. He says he doesnt want to leave me to deal with it on my own. I'm feeling a bit anxious about doing the jab myself this time but hoping that once the first few are out the way I'll think nothing of it. Mostly dreading the tiredness and headaches.

Sending luck to everyone xxx

2have4kids Men can be like that sometimes I understand your frustration:hugs: my dh has come from a household where as the only boy in a house filled with women everything was done for him. It's been challenging :gun: educating him to the simplest things like picking up after himself. Lol
When do you go to the drs to start ivf?

Mummy.w that's great news:happydance: so will you ask again tomorrow if they can put back two eggs? Will you have the other three frozen? You must be so exited what are you going to do tonight?

Melbram :dust: fingers crossed you get BFP when will you test?

Pinkie good luck with your injection how long will you be on it for?

Afm I am just waiting till the 11 April for my referral appointment

Pinkie- burserin is a down reg for you? Or you having egg collection soon.
I get lost.

Melbram how you feeling after your 1st one.
Did you do it?

I am going to push to have 2 put back tomorrow as that's what we really want and I'd have the other 5 frozen.
I don't feel like its actually going to happen yet but just going to chill tonight,
Then can have a bit of a Layin in the morning and we will leave about 11.30.
I'm going to wee when I get there, then start drinking my water because I was way too full up last time and I was in agony. You have to wait at least 30 mins before you can go toilet and its horrible. It's worse than being put out ha

Buserelin is down reg for me, I think Melbram is the same.

I found it really tricky having a full bladder for the procedure. Its such a horrible feeling, especially when they are pushing an ultrasound doodar onto the bladder. I thought I was going to give the poor Dr a shower :blush:

I didnt have to wait half an hour though. I tried to lay still for as long as possible but I was desperate! I cant find any science around how long you should lay down for, it seems all clinincs do it differently :shrug:

Fingers crossed they will let you put two back. I was told that on the NHS, if you get 5 day blasts they only want one but maybe its different when you are on IVF number 2.

Hope you have a relaxing evening! x

Bundles, is a referral appointment when they prescribe things or is it that you still need to do stuff before they can set you up? All the best with that.
-My AF should come Friday and then on CD 5 I start the pill for 3 weeks. Then u/s, then stims.

Mummy, you tell that doctor that you've been waiting for SO long and push push push to have 2 put back. FX for you!

Melbram, how did it go today? You've done this before right so it's not a biggie for you?

Pinkie, how did your Buserelin jab go? Did you OH come back to help you with it? Any headaches?

I just booked a little ski holiday this weekend with some friends. There was a cheapie deal on gorgeous big condo that sleeps 8 so we're all going to British Columbia Fairmont Hotsprings resort to catch some powder & hot tubbing. Although, I wonder if hot tubbing is good for OH's sperm with IVF in a month? It'll be much more fun that working out in the gym, that's for sure!

Hello

2have4kids - your weekend sounds fab! I've never really fancied skiing very much but I'd love the hot tubs and the views. Not long until you get going with your Plan B.

Bundles - will hey refer to you to the clinic at your next appointment? Waiting to get things moving is the worst part :hugs:

Melbram - how have you got on?

mummy.wannabe - hope you are relaxing!

AFM - DP thinks he wont be back home until late. Its such a long drive. He wanted me to wait until he got back so he could offer some support but I didnt want it hanging over me all evening so, somehow I have conquered my phobia and done it myself. I'm really chuffed I managed it, I think I blocked out what was happening somehow. I hope this means the process is going to be easier for the both of us this time, its pointless in both of us suffering! xx

Pinkie well done you. So you start stims when? Staight away?

I don't think they will like me to have 2 put back because of my age but I honestly feel desperate for 2 so I have the best possible chance.
They told me to hold on as long as I could before I went to the toilet but I just couldn't do it for long and obviously I feel pregnant so nothing fell out.

2have 4kids that sounds amazing but the hot tub prob not really good thing for hubby, I think sperm is renewed every 90 days or something like that.

I'm just chilling tonight.
I pay for love film so get DVDs through the post and send them back, I really was hoping that I'd get the new twilight today but it didn't arrive yet so hoping tomorrow, we didn't go see it at the weekend x

Have to call clinic on CD1 (middle of next week) to book a scan to see if I am down-regulated then start stims a few days after so probably in about 2 weeks x

Good luck Mummy.wannabe.
I think they'll only let you have 1 put back if they're blasts unless you're over 38. If they're not blasts & an early transfer its 2. I think it's part of their 'one at a time' policy at least it's so under Norfolk/Bourn. But if you can persuade them otherwise that'd be great.

Looks like so many of us are having treatment March/April. Hopefully ill get my dates finalised, I like specifics.
Be interesting to hear what the new consultant has to say on Monday. on the DH sperm Vs donor and Day 2/3 transfer Vs 5 day with our history of slow growing embies. Hopefully the same as the last one, I find not having a plan stressful.

Hope everyone else is doing well, trying to write this in my phone!

I know what's what they might say but we really are going to push and suppose if they say final answer no, we will be disappointed but have to face it.
Do you know when you'll find out dates? X

Hi ladies, I got AF 5 days early, it came tonight :happydance: :happydance:
Since I'm usually a 32/33 day cycle I'm wondering if all this exercise has sped things up a little in my body or what?
This means I start the pill on Saturday (I'll count tomorrow as official day 1), three weeks on the pill.

Mummy, best of luck tomorrow!!

:2have4kids thee referral appointment is where they transfer me out of the care of the hospital and into the ivf clinic. So I will still have to wait for an appointment with the clinic for them to talk us though what we will be doing.

Mummy.w good luck today:dust:

Pinkie 33 yes he will i get to chose where to be referred so I am going to bourne hall in cambs. How long did it take for you to get your first appointment at the clinic once you ad been referred?

Bundles - hi, I was referred from James paget to Bourn, it took 3 weeks for JP to send the letter & I think 8 weeks after for an appointment as NHS. I chased the appointment & then was asked which doctor I wanted to see! I had no clue. I did get caught up with Christmas though.

Mummy - wooo hoo today! If you can get 2, ill be pushing for 2 when my time comes. Lots of luck. :flower:
Dates should be finalised Monday but original dates were start down regging 4 April & collection around 4 may. Hope they stay the same as I can benefit from the may bank holiday.

Yay 2 have 4kids I would have thought that because you've kept quite positive and not worrying about IUI not happening, plus the exercise could have brought your period early! Yay that really good.

Bundles- after I was refereed from my hospital to Ivf clinic I can't remember how long it took exactly but it wasn't that long. Maybe 6-8 weeks and then you have to do all the tests again as they like to have the hard copy they say. They get it done as quick as possible.
From my 1st hospital appt to starting Ivf it was just over a year.

Today is the day!!! Woooo just have to see what I can manage with persuading x

Good luck today mummy wannabe
Proper update later as mad busy at work
Xxx

I was allowed 2 put back!!!!! No need for pushing. The embryologist just said as its your 2nd cycle it's your choice if you have 1 or 2 put back.
We both just said 2!!
I had 2 great ones which are in, 2 very slow ones and 3 that aren't at blastocyst yet so they will ring me tomorrow with the news if they can be frozen or not x
Il post a picture of the old ones and the new ones x

So happy!!! Just got to keep positive and hope this Is it x

:happydance: Thats great news! Hope you've got your feet up! Really hoping these are sticky beans for you xxx

We're still not home! Been stuck in major traffic in London because of an accident.
I've got 2 weeks off to put my feet up and chill x

Great news on 2 embies and great news for the 2 weeks of rest.
Afm- af started this afternoon and is the most painful and heavy it has ever been. Must be the buserelin working. No way I can walk home from the tube station, getting the bus!
Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"