waiting for ivf and struggling!

oooh we researched IMSI a lot and I thought it sounded excellent. If it ups your chances it's worth £300. Sadly its not suitable for us & we can't top up the NHS deal.

Am thinking about transfer days because Dr no. 2 thought an earlier transfer was worth a shot, he said that on try 2, but the embryologist talked me into a day 5 as we had to many eggs, the Dr didn't agree with that. Its so confusing I just wish they would decide. But at least with a third Dr we can discuss again. It really feels we're on are own to decide.

Thank you.
My test date is 23rd so ill be impatiently waiting for then x

Ill catch up with you al tomorrow.
I'm falling asleep. It's been a long day.

Night all xxx

Minx- I looked at the success rates on bourne hall to which helped wih my decision, 10 mins drive is way better and I a sure it will be just the same:thumbup:

Mummy.w have you enjoyed your first day off.:coffee:

2have4kids i think it would be better if dh stays away from the hot tub :nope:

Hey
It was ok but got boring ha
It felt so long because I was up early and watched all my recorded programmes by 12.
But I'm going to make the most of them and chill out, stayed in my pjs all day x
I'm feeling so tired early evening because I haven't been able to sleep through the night.
My back is hurting now from the injections too, it feel very tender to the touch but you can't see anything.

How is everyone else? X

What suppression scan then? Not heard of that x

It is to check the buserelin has worked and your body has shut down
Minxy - I am from Norwich, I heard about the new bourn hall clinic
Knackered after acupuncture so off to bed
Hi everyone else
Xxx

Oh I see. Do you feel any different with your body shutting down as such? Mood swings etc? X

Duck tales - ooo wow your from Norwich too. What made you decide to go to Hammersmith? Are you having accupuncture in Norwich? I'm having accupuncture too, also had some today. I find it very relaxing.

Mummy - you need to sort yourself out a decent box set, I hear comedies are good for implantation (seriously). How long have you got off work?

I have 4 days off work now, yay. Can have a nice relax before appointment at Bourn Hall Norwich on Monday

How long does it take from Norwich to hammersmith?

I best get the comedies out then ha I have 2 weeks off!! There is no way I could work at my place and take it easy so I want to know the answer before I go back, then I can take it easy and get others to step up and do more x

Sorry to confuse you., I grew up in Norwich and moved to London 7 years ago.
Would love to come back though
Yes, the buserelin is making me very cross and angry and short tempered!
Xxx

Duck tales - ah yes I miss read that! No problem. Ill be starting the buerslin in a couple of weeks all being well, think I had it easy before with the contraceptives but am happy to try something new in case it helps.

Mummy - 2 weeks is a good break. My job is all desk, mentally draining and sometimes stressful. I'm planning a few half days the week after transfer but not sure i can do it both weeks without drawing unwanted attention. That'll ensure I'm not overworked mentally - fingers crossed.

Minxy, is IMSI for low counts or is it just better for the general population (for better chances?) How many of you ladies are doing IMSI?

Bundles, I had a long chat with the clinic and OH shouldn't have been drinking anything and he absolutely won't be going into the hot springs. It's a 90 day window as I thought, they said why chance it? I agree and he conceded.

Mummy, I asked about the injectible progesterone and they said they can get it for me but unless I have peanut allergies that not many opt for it because it has to be done intramuscular and it's very painful. I'm really good with pain but they said that taking it for 10-12 weeks if I do get a BFP will be very difficult. I don't know, I still might push them to give it to me. It's only twice/week-is that what schedule you're doing? I could pop into a clinic if I have troubles. OH would be passed out on the floor before he'd ever give me a needle. I'm just worried that I'll forget to get a pearl up there and feel like the decline in progesterone could cause problems for baby. I was terrible the last two weeks at keeping a regular schedule as prescribed. If I did m/c, I'd feel absolutely responsible. I don't mind shots...thinking hard on this one and so glad you brought it up.

They set up my schedule and the baseline u/s is April 3, ET around the 18th.
I'm NOT looking forward to this BCP pill down reg stuff, I read about it today and it's one of the worst pills ever for depression acne and feeling moody and terrible. One woman broke up with her boyfriend she was so bitchy. As long as we're still together by the end of it hahahaha. I warned him to watch out and said that i'd keep my lips shut as much as possible but not to be going around testing out the waters.

They've had 28cm of fluffy snow in the last few days in Panorama-it's going to be a LOOONG day at work tomorrow. I hope the skiing helps me shed some weight, when I get AF I can't seem to lose anything. Been stuck at 181.2 for a week now.

From my research I found IMSI benefits:
Low sperm count
Sperm with a high degree of DNA fragmentation
High abnormal spermatozoa
Low motility
Patients with previous two IVF or ICSI failures.
Couples with unexplained infertility.
Couples experiencing recurrent IVF failures and/or recurrent biochemical pregnancies/miscarriages.
Basically everything from dodgy sperm.

IMSI results better egg fertilization rates, better quality embryos, better rate of blastocyst formation and therefore better pregnancy rates.
Couples experiencing recurrent IVF failures and/or recurrent biochemical pregnancies/miscarriages.

The principle is a much bigger scope to pick out the sperm with the best heads (head damage can lead to the above problems), all the heads look the same with ICSI. To me being able to pick out the best looking sperm seems the next step forward in science.

Not many clinics in the UK seem to do it. Opinion is split some Drs think its excellent and others unnecessary. It's early days on collecting data on results but it seems to improve implantation rates, though some studies say no.

My first Dr thought it was for people with low fertlisation rates only.
The 2nd Dr said we'd need a much higher count to do it which conflicts what I've read.

To me, our high fert rate & slow growing rate means we're ideal candidates but as we can't get it on the NHS that idea is on hold.

Sorry to confuse you., I grew up in Norwich and moved to London 7 years ago.
Would love to come back though
Yes, the buserelin is making me very cross and angry and short tempered!
Xxx

Oh I see ha I was going to say that's going to be a very long journey per scan and appt etc

Minxychick can you not book a few days holiday and say your doing something?

2have4kids- they aren't always as painful. Some days they are fine until the last little bit goes in, other days it seems to go on for ever whilst hubby is doing them.
I've started to get bruising and you can see all the needle sites.
The 2 areas I have them in are very tender to the touch but not as bad as I originally thought.
I'm not too sure what your saying about the peanut allergy tho ha?
There more effective than the suppositories because you always get the same dose where as the supps can leak out.

I did not have IMSI. I've only heard of it because done once before by a lady I spoke to last year.

Don't always think your going to get those symptoms because that's just some people, but hubby can try his best to stay out your way and help you though, your not going to split up, you want this too much x

Hey everyone

mummy.wannabe - how are you? Are you getting bored yet?! I'm planning on downloading lots of good books onto my kindle for my rest up time :coffee:

2have4kids - great news that you are now on the road! Its exciting that we've all ended up at this time together, hoping this is the year for us all.

minxychick - sounds like you have lots to think about with your cycle. I asked about chances of success at 3 day transfer but the consultant said they would always try and go for blastocysts as the success rates are so much better. Good luck :thumbup:

Melbram - how are you doing? Any side effects yet?

Ducktales - sorry you are feeling the buserelin blues... you'll soon pick up when you start stimms :hugs:

AFM - doing ok on the buserelin. No moods or short tempers but the tiredness and headaches have started and I'm getting spotty again, just like last time. Trying to get lots of work done this week ready for taking it easy when AF arrives next week. If its anything like last time I'll be curled up in front of the fire and blocking out the rest of the world! It was hell.

I'm not too sure what your saying about the peanut allergy tho ha?
There more effective than the suppositories because you always get the same dose where as the supps can leak out.

Progesterone supps have a peanut in them so they give peanut allergy people a choice of a powdery one that has no peanut oil (which is what I've requested) or the injection. Our progesterone injection needs to be done intramuscular everyday though, she said it's very difficult so most people go for the powdery supp (I like that it's non-oily!!) which is done only twice/day am & pm making less mess. When I had to do the oily one at work at 2pm everyday I'd sometimes be off by a few hours and hated being late thinking it might effect things.

I was really not keen on the progesterone suppositories, thats what made me wonder about the injections.

I worried that the progesterone wasnt getting absorbed as there seemed to be so much goo. But they told me that the dose is really high to allow for this and the gooey bit is the 'shell' of the tablet.

I had to take one every 12 hours and lie down for at least half an hour afterwards. Whenever you start them, the timing will be a pain at some point. I dont think the injections are for me unless I'm forced to. Its taking all I have to do my own injections now and they are relatively straightforward compared to the progesterone ones!

2 have 4 kids my injections have to be intermusclar so I have mine just above my bum in Side of my back. My p nurse told me they hurt and if I couldn't cope they could try and put me onto something else but there only painful sometimes and it's over within no time.
When I did the suppositories I did 1 in the morning and 1 before I went to bed, I found them very messy but you have to get on with what ever they tell you I suppose.

I am bored of resting and its only the 2nd day but I've had people pop by for chats to break up my day.
I found I'm fine until about 2 then I'm needing to do something.
Had a few more pains today but nothing major.

Pinkie glad your not doing too bad and I'm very spotty at the mo, I did also get it last time. I'm not used to it because I have never been spotty in my life but it must go after. I hope. Or maybe if you stay pregnant it gets worse!!!!! Yuk all those hormones have a lot to answer for.

My sister in law is planning her hen weekend and obviously I have to go but have to see if ill be limited with what I could do. She wants to do a spa day and then meal and out. I. Could go to the spa and have a massage or facial or pedicure but no sauna, jacuzzi, steam room and ill go for the meal but I'd do back to our room whilst they go out. My mother in law and a few of her older friends would be going too so I would be ok.
Just sister in laws friends are not the type of people I would choose, if you know what I mean. Sounding like a snob ha but I'm sure it will be fine for 2 days x

I was really not keen on the progesterone suppositories, thats what made me wonder about the injections.

I worried that the progesterone wasnt getting absorbed as there seemed to be so much goo. But they told me that the dose is really high to allow for this and the gooey bit is the 'shell' of the tablet.

I had to take one every 12 hours and lie down for at least half an hour afterwards. Whenever you start them, the timing will be a pain at some point. I dont think the injections are for me unless I'm forced to. Its taking all I have to do my own injections now and they are relatively straightforward compared to the progesterone ones!

It's so odd that in Canada it's just slightly different on everything...the oily prog supps were every 8 hours, 3 x daily (the mid-day I usually mess up during work because I'm in meetings and stuff). The injections over there are twice/week and over here daily and once/day there...:shrug:

I have my Injections every day x
Just when I get up, but as hubby leaves at 7.30am I have to be up too to get him to do it and we take awhile to prepare ha
You ok? X

Hi, how is everyone this evening?
Pinkie- sorry to hear about the buserelin effect- funny how it hits everyone so differently
Mummy wannabe- glad you had people over to occupy the time. I love being off work but it is hard waiting, googling, hoping and trying to be patient!
2have4kids- those progesterone tablets sound foul! I know I have to have them, that was the bit my DH cringed at - suppositories! But he did say he would rather do those for me than inject me- rank!
Minxy - good luck
Melbram- how are you doing?

I am just waiting for my scan date- 5 days to go!
We have a family wedding on sat - my DH side. They know nothing out our infertility, only that we have been married nearly 4 yrs and are the only ones left with no baby so I am sure loads of questions will be asked which I'm not looking forward to especially when you are not drinking and get the whole nudge nudge are you preggers
Oh well!
Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"