waiting for ivf and struggling!

Yes the mess are meant to affect your periods.
Get home. Have a nice hot bath and chill out x

WOW mummy, those blasts are huge! I predict twin cherubs for you - congrats. I'm so happy they let you have 2 without argument, what a relief. I read your post and had tears come to my eyes, I'm not even on the hormones yet. Just feel very emotional right now and very happy for you.

Ducktales I hope you're feeling better soon. I had just the opposite, very light AF and didn't feel any back achy pain this time. I'm kind of worried that it's so light- just want everything to be normal going into this cycle. But I guess the pill will shut everything down anyway so I'll just wait & see.

Arw 2have4kids bless you.. Thank you.
We are so happy!!! We feel more positive about the whole thing so far but then you panic about feeling to positive to be let down. But I can't think like that.
Just going to chill out and hope for the best x

mummy.wannabe - I am so pleased they let you put 2 back & those pictures are brilliant! 2 blasts are the dream, I have everything crossed for you. You're in the best position you can be, so fingers crossed x

I will be asking about having 2 put back myself, but they seem pretty strict at bourn, maybe third times the charm. A few questions though - did they ask you to sign anything? (when we had the 2 poor 6 & 8 cells put back on day 5 we had to sign extra paper work), did you ask when the nurse took you for the initial questioning session (need to get the question in at the right time!)? and how old are you? I want to be prepared!

This all leads me to my own dilemma...for our 3rd round there seems to be a certain about amount of choice to us about when we put the embies back, so from the history we went for 5 day transfers in the past but from 13 eggs, 12 fert and the second time 21 eggs, 16 fert resulted in zero blasts. It now looks as is this was due to DH sperm, the count was low but motility 1% and they just think it is the sperm. But the last test after vitamins & chinese tea has put motility up to 12% excellent & 8% normal (massive improvement I think).

With that in mind, assuming we get about the same amount of eggs & fertlisation would you guys go for a day 2/3 transfer or hold out for a day 5?
Day 2/3 - pros - maybe a better chance inside the body
cons - with so many to chose from it would be hard to guess pick
the best 2. Will be 2 on an early transfer.

Day 5 - pro - if i get a blast then the chances are higher.
cons - considering history we might not get a blast & i just think if we don't it won't work. Plus we might only be able to transfer one.

The 1st Dr thought a day 2 was worth a shot.
2nd Dr noncommittal. a 3rd doc next week so another opinion...

Would love some opinions or hear what everyone else is going for? I do know a woman who had an early transfer & had twins (would love that).

p.s. not sure my husband would dare transfer 2 blasts, twins maybe too much for him!

Will catch up on everyone elses posts later, after a busy day in the office its time to put the dinner on.

Mummy.w:cloud9::happydance::yipee::headspin::wohoo:
I am so happy for you like 2have4 kids I had a tear in my eye it's just brilliant, while at work i was thinking about you hoping it went well. and you can really see the difference in the quality of the eggs. I have everything crossed for you.xx

Minxychick thanks for the info it took three weeks for dr to send letter, so I think I will do the same as you and chase. Are you at borne hall in cambs?

Hey minxychick

I signed a paper to say that I agreed with having 2 put back and that's the only papers.

The 1st time we only had the 2 and they weren't blasts and I fell pregnant. As this is our 2nd cycle she said you are allowed to have 1 or 2. We didn't even mention it. They should allow you 2 if its not your 1st go or 2nd because you need a bigger chance of success.
Both hubby and I are 27.

I think I would always go for 5 day transfer because if you have that many eggs its basically pot luck in picking a good one on day 3.
Wouldn't your hubby like the thought of having 2 children and maybe not having to go through all this again.

Thank you bundles. It's weird how we think of each other like we're close friends, I like it. We all want the same thing.
We love hammersmith hospital, everyone has been lovely but Bourne would have been so easier for me.

Minxychick where do you live?

2have4kids- I wasn't on the pill so I think you are right, your body was also shut down by that
X

2Have4Kids - your skiing holiday sounds lovely, I'm jealous. A break with some friends will do you both good to relax & have some laughs.

Mummy - we're just outside Norwich. Tbh we've not talked about having more than 1, I'd like a couple and twins has always been a dream since I was child, plus twins run in my dad's side of the family and I always thought I'd just fall with twins (naive). I just think that once we've got one, he'll be keen to have another as it'll be so good or such hard work I'll be happy with one! Also I don't know if we could afford two. Ah twins would be perfect tho.
27 - that's an odd in your favour too.

Thanks for your thoughts on transfer dates, I agree but am still undecided...plenty of time to think.

Bundles - I'm with the new Bourn Clinic outside Norwich now. Cos of living in Norwich under the NHS we originally got sent to James Paget, who do the egg collection, then the man drives the eggs to Cambridge Bourn and we go there for the transfer. After the 1st IVF was so bad, our Dr wanted us to have collection and transfer at Bourn, which we did on the 2nd go. Now we're about to have the 3rd go we are going to do it all through the new clinic. I was nervous about this as they opened 1st March! The nurses have assured me everything is working fine - y'know what new processes can be like. But really its a 10 min drive Vs 1.5 hours minimum drive that has pushed our decision. I was very pleased with Bourn, they have higher than average success rates too.
The reason the letter took so long to be sent to them was because there was only 1 person typing all the letters at JP!

I've never heard of going somewhere else to have the transfer. It makes it easy to have it done in the same place.

I'd go somewhere that was close even if they just opened. They have to have the knowledge or they can not do any procedures on people. You'll be fine. Everything will be lovely and new x

Shiny & new. Also, am thinking if I'm not happy about anything I can make a personal visit, plus I'm thinking the clinic will be quite small, which might be a good thing.

I don't think many places do the collection in place A, take to place B, fertilise & transfer in place B. Its a Norfolk thing :winkwink:. JP get good success rates but hardcore people like Zita West aren't keen on it and surely fresh is best.

Mummywannabe: congrats on being PUPO with twinnies - whens your test date?

Pinkie: well dont on getting throug the injections by yourself - hope your not having any side effects

Ducktales: when do you start Stimming?

2have4kids: yey for AF arriving early. If you OH has a low sperm count he should definately stay away from the hot tub...every little helps

Minxy: I think its a bit early to consider when to have your transfer. I personally would always strive for a blast transfer although I guess we are in the embryologists hands as to when then think the right time is

sorry if i've missed anyone or anything - lots to catch up on

AFM: day 2 of DR - so far so good. I do the injections myself I find it easier. OH tends to faff about and hurts me when injecting. No side effects yet but Im sure after a week or so they will kick in. Last time I had awful hot flushes. I DR now continuously until the 27th March when I have my baseline to see if I can start on the stimms

Forgot to add I will be having IMSI this time. Its £300 but every little helps :) x

Melbram, OH has really great counts but being 5 weeks away from IVF I'm going to call the fc anyway and get their opinion. It was 65 mill after wash last year, 32 mill this year I know they can control things during IVF and I probably shouldn't stress but I need to know. He said he would go into the hot tub and not to worry. How can I not worry! My babies are on the line here :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->