waiting for ivf and struggling!

Yea Mummy, I agree with Minxychi k, don't worry, I had no signs of pregnancy in Sept and it was a total surprise. Visualize yourself with a big bump and stay really positive & happy.

Sorry to hear about the delay Minxy, waiting is the toughest thing when you want something so badly. Fx the time passes quickly.

Melbram how are you doing? You must be stunning by now?
Pinky, Bundles, Ducktales and anyone else I missed?

Thanks ladies ill try.
I just keep rubbing my tum, thinking I hope your growing in there and can't wait until I have a big bump. I'm really going to show it off and I won't be one of those people that minds people touching it either.
People are only happy to see a bump, I think it's lovely.
No doubt working in a coffee shop full of old people ill get touched 10 times a day hahah

Just had an afternoon of cooking so I've done enough dinners for 4 nights.
I made moussaka and lasagne x

Fancy making cakes too, hubby never says no to my cakes.
I'm good if I don't say so myself ha don't know where I picked up my light sponge because it wasn't my mum ha x

I'm annoyed about the waiting mainly due to my self imposed deadlines, but the 3 weeks is my choice, got to be worth it for a clinic practically on my doorstep.

Interesting bit...as it was a new Dr he went through everything again, was very thorough no rush. I brought with us the original sperm analysis our GP did in March 2010 when they said everything was ok but we didn't ask for a print out until recently and we couldn't understand it.
The first analysis was feb 2010 13.8 million per ml with 2% rapid motility. As it was low she asked for another test. The following month in March 2010 the result was 26 million per ml with 25% rapid. Which is why she didn't refer us and why our treatment initially focused on my cycles initially. At last I can bury that baggage I've been carrying around & have my faith back in my GP again.

But in Oct 2011 the count was 7m, motility 10%
March 2012 - 2.8m, motility 1%
Sept 2012 - to bad to note
Jan 2013 - 1.7m, motility 21%

As to why its progressively decreasing the Dr has no idea (I'll be hitting google soon), normally it would be due to illness or operation in that area but he's had neither. Counts fluctuate but this is just down:growlmad:

The Dr recommends freezing a sample so we have a back up on the day & if the sample to freeze is awful we need to consider a donor back up. This sounds sensible, need to discuss today with DH.

Next cycle will be 'the pill' for 21 days, then beuserlin, then gonal F. A change to my previous protocall in the hope for better eggs too (but can't tell if they were good or bad).

Egg reserve looks good (phew).

An interesting point on the 'how many they'll put back topic' & 'day 3 or 5', his view is put back 2 blasts (yes please!), apparently the embryologist decides this based on a logarithm based on things like the last cycles. Will be asking for 2, but he also said after the 1st treatment they'll do two. Interesting on how different people say a different thing. He also said the embryologist would pick which day to transfer but recommend a day 5. I'm happy with that, if we don't get blasts it won't because we had a 5 day transfer its because the sperm wasn't great & maybe the eggs.

Another reason to stay with this clinic.

Feel so drained after all that today, work was a struggle with my mind elsewhere.

Mummy - If I did your job I'd definitely want the whole 2 weeks off. I'm going for 2 days for ec, then the week after et. Worst thing about my job is there can be plenty of time for my mind to wander & just stew on things. Best thing I can get privacy to sort out appointments etc & from last year we get 6 days fertility leave a year.
Being half term is a good thing as the woman I sit next to will be off & she's like the gloomiest person ever, I'm surprised she makes it to work with so much to whinge about & sometimes makes snide comments. Last week she said International Womens Day is for people like me, so they have something to celebrate. I soon told her that wasn't the point & if things were different it wouldn't have upset me, but I really struggle on Mothering Sunday. She's also realised I seem to be taking a lot of holiday (the additional fertility leave). I said I carried a lot over from last year!

Well done on the dinners. I can't wait to show off a big bump either, I love to wear nice clothes so I'll have to really restrain myself, and now with places like new look & DP doing maternity wear there's so much choice on the high street.

Looking forward to hearing how everyone else's treatment is going. Sharing my thoughts & worries on here has really helped me :kiss:

Hi Ladies

mummy.wannabe - sounds like you have been very productive today! You can send some of those cakes north if you like. Dont worry about lack of symptoms, its still early :hugs:

2have4kids - I'm very jealous, a bubble bath jacuzzi sounds like heaven! Good idea to relax before your cycle

Minxychick - I think its best to have time off after ET. A couple of days after ER is good if you can to recover. You'll know how much you feel like doing. We decided that I needed to rest up as much as possible as this process is the most important thing we'll do and I dont want to look back and think what if. But I realise I'm lucky with my work and its not so easy always.

Melbram - How are you getting on?

Ducktales - Are you on stims? How are you doing?

Bundles - Hows things?

AFM - feeling tired, headachey and hormonal. Waiting for AF to arrive. Had a tough day trying to juggle work about with folks who keep changing their mind about things after I've already done the work. I'm trying to keep ahead to make sure I'm not re-arranging appointments when the scans start but its proving difficult at the mo and of course you cant tell your customers! DP is away again after tomorrow until the weekend and probably again next week.

Grump done! I'll be glad when this week is over with xx

Minxy it all sounds positive and your round should go very smoothly.
Sounds like you got a good doctor there.

The person you sit next too at work sounds horrible. That would really bring your mood down looking and hearing that all day.

Pinkie what do you do?

Hi all, still at work, hour 13 and tired so quick update!
I have my scan tomorrow to see if my body is suppressed and ready for gonal f - fingers crossed
It is at 7am so leaving home at 6.15 and will have to pay the congestion charge too which is annoying- we could get the tube but this mornin they were all suspended and it took hours to get in and I cannot afford any delays
Xxx

13hours!!!!! What do you do?
I couldn't cope with that.

No you can't afford to be late for scans and things, it's not worth it x

Detective on the fraud squad
Sounds more interesting than it is but lots of early starts and late finishes
Xxx

Is it interesting?
I was a special constable for 4 years.
Couldn't cope with the lack of sleep after awhile.
I did 2-3 shifts a week for 2 years.
So finish my day job at 5pm then be at the station for 7pm, home at 2-3am and up at 7am
I was so tired in my day job.
Then did 1 shift a week for the last 2 years.
There were certain things I dealt with that I couldn't cope with. Bodies mainly. I didn't deal with it well x

Blimey Ducktales, I couldnt cope with long days like that whilst going through this. Will you get some time off for ER/ET? Good luck with your scan tomorrow x

mummy.wannabe, I'm an agricultural consultant. DP is an agricultural contractor and we run the business together from his family farm. It works well and we really enjoy it. There is a different sort of pressure running your own business though. But it does give us greater flexibility in a lot of ways x

I agree, bodies are the hardest bit and the death messages. I arrest people for money laundering and credit card fraud, interview them and then investigate the case
Lots of paperwork.
What do you do mummy?
Pinkie- I would love to run my own business and work for myself, sounds fab
Scan went well, am all suppressed, getting a phone call before 5 to give me a start date for the gonal f
Xxx

Yes I couldn't do it again. I had nightmares for ages after seeing a certain body.

I'm a coffee shop manager. We are very busy. It's a private company not a chain and as we're not in the town we get very busy as free parking etc and just individual than other chains.
I like it but its so full on and stressful.
The public expect a lot from workers sometimes and even tho they can see Everyone running around they still continue to moan. Where's my???
We cook everything from fresh, we don't pre make in the morning so people have to wait.

It's not all bad tho, people I work with are lovely and a lot of customers are like friends x

I've not been feeling that well today. Tried to sleep it off but couldn't.
Hubby got called out on a Job at 10pm and got back at3am and was up by 6am.
I don't sleep we'll without him.

Yay for being all suppressed. That sounds weird haha when do you think you'll be likely to start gonal?
What dose will you be on? X

Ducktales, detective on the fraud squad? OH my, this sounds like fun!! What kinds of things are you working on now?
Mummy, what did you do when you were a special constable?
Minxy glad you can put 2 back no hassles, it's a relief isn't it?
Sorry you're having to put up with a negative colleague Pinkie, and I hope you feel better soon.

I've been reading alot on short vs long protocol and I'm worried about the protocol they've chosen for me. All the articles I've read state that long is for younger people without egg issues, I have egg issues! They also say that docs prefer long because they can schedule everything to a T, well are we sacrificing my numbers for her schedule? It's too late to question now, I should have asked her about it beforehand. I have diminished reserve and they're not utilizing my natural cycle to produce more eggs. Hmmm. I'm not expecting anything to happen, I do have faith in my doc but if it doesn't turn out well I will be asking questions. I'm meant to have my ET around April 18th, I'll ask for a doctor's note to take a few days off after that weekend. We'll see how many they give me. My work will pay for the time off only with the doc's blessing, I hope they give me a week off, it'd be nice to relax a little afterwards.

I never read about the different protocols just read up on what my protocol involved.
I'm sure they are doing it for the right reason with. It's there job to get it right.

When I was a special constable I did everything a normal officer did but I didn't get paid.
I did it for the experience as I thought I might want to do it as a full time job but after the few bodies I saw, every concern for welfare call made me panic.
I had to move a body with a paramedic member and you never know how your going to react to it.
I loved certain parts of the job. The buzz from chases and emergencies, but then certain parts like road closures and all the waiting and paperwork after rests is a lot.
I learnt a lot and experienced a lot but not for me. The late through the might shifts are a killer x

I start my gonal f on Thursday and have my day 9 scan on 29th march!!! Luckily I work weekdays but lots of early starts and late finishes
I deal with money laundering above £1 million, which could be people defrauding others with fake lottery scams, boiler rooms, investment frauds etc
Quite dull a lot of the time!
Does anyone know what happens after the day 9 scan? I know there is a day 12 one but when do most people have egg collection after this? Trying to plan a bit what days I need off
Thanks in advance

I had day 5 scan, 9 and then 12 and had day 13 too and collection on 15th day.

If you have one day 9 and day 12 they will see if your ready and if you still need a bit of time then you go back the next day or 2 days after.
By day 12 I'm sure you will be ready x
What dose will you be on?
I was on 150 of Gonal x

I had day 5 scan, 9 and then 12 and had day 13 too and collection on 15th day.

If you have one day 9 and day 12 they will see if your ready and if you still need a bit of time then you go back the next day or 2 days after.
By day 12 I'm sure you will be ready x
What dose will you be on?
I was on 150 of Gonal x

Also 150, so on day 12 I will have taken the drugs in the morning then you have the day off then ovitrelle according to my chart so the earliest it could be is day 14 really I think?
Xxx

You could be advised to take your trigger on day 12 night nothing on day 13 then collection day 14 or they could say take gonal on day 13 and collection on day 15.
So you could work out roughly what day you'd have collection but be prepared that it could take a few days more than day 12 x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->