waiting for ivf and struggling!

Hello everyone

Good luck with your first stims jab Ducktales, its the exciting part now! :happydance:

Glad your jab was better today mummy.wannabe. Not long now!

MinxyChick - love your wishful thinking about the weather! I cant believe this is Spring, the forecast for Fri/Sat is horrendous :cold:

2have4kids - hope you are feeling better today x

AFM - still waiting for AF. Was due Tues/Wed. Have felt crampy and achey all week but still no show. Today I am feeling arsey about every little thing so I'm hoping thats a good sign. Good job DP is out :haha: I have to ring to book the scan on CD1 so I just want it to arrive and soon GGGGGGgggrrrr.

I was very late on my 1st round. You want to start so bad that your body makes you wait even longer. Very unfair how the body works. You really have got to relax and try and forget it and it will come.
Are you off today?

I'm just watching last night one born every minute x

I've not seen the weather report for the weekend but i won't be doing much anyway. Might make hubby take me out for dinner Saturday if its good news.

Have any of you got names that you love? Or have always wanted to use?
Family names etc x
Naming children is going to be the hardest thing for hubby and I as we do not agree on anything x

Hi ladies, I am feeling better today. Oh came home & gave me loads of snuggles. He's off to Saudi & UAE today (boooo). Lost another pound, it seems when the scale moves, it really moves. When it doesn't it seems to stay there for 2+ weeks:shrug:
Mummy, only 2 more days left, a dinner is def in order!
Pinkie let the AF gods rain down on you!
Minxy, I'm glad you've booked time off. I just need to meet with my doc to get a note to do the same. If the FS won't give it to me I know my GP will! :happydance:
How's everyone? The weekend is near :)

I'm ok. Been doing housework and that's it really. I had to stop watching tv for a bit and get up and do something.
Ill tell hubby to mop the floors and Hoover when he gets in tho.
I'm not doing that.
Might stick a film on.
Watched dear John yesterday to continue my crying fest.

Glad your feeling better 2have 4kids. It's horrible being down x

What does your hubby do? How long he going to be away? X

Hey Mummy, he's a phd organic chemist so he does lots of oil sands, bitumen and sulphur research. It's the sulphur stuff that's really dangerous that he's travelling for, Aramco, Shell and lots of the international oil companies do their sulphur research in the facility that he works in. I told him next time his boss is sending me with him! I'll have to watch the second Sex in the City movie to remember middle eastern etiquette before that happens lol.
Last day at work today till the weekend, can't wait! I'm going to spring clean my closet, take out the clothes that are too big and put them away, bring out the spring clothes.

Does he have to go away a lot?
Is he allowed to say no to going away if you need him home for ivf.

That will make you feel good at how much clothes are too big for you x

Naw, he doesn't go away alot, he's been to China off before the Beijing Olympics helping with some ink infused mineral identification for the official olympic gear. Now on to Saudi & Abu Dhabi. We knew for months that he'd need to do this trip so we did an IUI the month prior as the timing was too close. IVF will be timed properly, no stress!

I have some fav jeans that I want to get back into before they're too big (lol). The last time I lost weight for our wedding I got to 165 which is still 20 lbs above my ultimate goal. We went to Italy for our wedding and drove to the Deisel factory and both got some nice jeans. Hopefully they'll fit soon. It'll bring back nice memories anyway!

Yeah it should do.
It's funny how things like that can bring back a memory.
We haven't been to Italy but my mum has traveled all over it, and loves it.
We went to Australia for our honeymoon for a month and traveled around.
It was lovely and I put on over 2 stone. The food was lovely. Had lots of excellent fillet steaks and cooked breakfast with all the cakes and pastries every day! Was lovely but I'm still carrying a lot of that weight still.
Great memories tho x

I hate my hubby going away, I don't feel as safe, though I know I'm safe, if you know what I mean.
I have to go bed so late just to make sure I sleep through without waking up as much x

Ha, I used to be a mess when he went away without me and now I quite enjoy my time alone in the house. Even though he's great at pulling his weight I find things are more messy & chaotic with him around. I'm sure he feels the same about me. We're very independent people though, I make sure to have at least 1 girls only vacation every few years and he sometimes goes away with his big brother. The only thing I'm horrible is getting to bed at a decent time when he's away and I often fall asleep with the TV on which is sure to impact the quality. Will have to work on that this time.

I'd like to hire our mechanical guy to fix our en-suite bath shower while he's away as a little surprise. I'm going to retile it too but I'm sure that won't happen by the time he gets back. I'll just smash the existing yellow (barf) tiles off the wall and get ready for when he returns.

My hubby has been going away with his job for about 6 years. He started an apprenticeship when we 1st moved in together. He went away Monday to Friday for the 1st year and came back at weekends.
The 2nd year he was away for 6 weeks and home for 6 and his final year he was only away every few months.
He goes away 2-3 times a year now for update training and courses.
I've always hated it but when I was in the flat, I felt safer than in our house.

I still do a lot of things with friends. Not holidays but go out for dinner with different sets of people every other week.

I'm sure he will be pleased with you doing that. We need our bathroom doing desperately.
If I'm pregnant I'm going to want baths!!! After a hard day at work I miss that x

Hi everyone, first injection went well, no dramas
Mummy wannabe, I have everything crossed for you tomorrow
Minxy- I agree about Facebook, glad you have time off booked too
2have4kids- I am hopeless at tiling- I bet he will be very chuffed
Pinkie- I hope af arrives soon for you - tmi I am sure but I often find dtd brings my af on
Melbram- hi hope you are ok

I can't believe our egg collection could be in the next 2 weeks if all goes well
Xxx

Once you get started you look back and realise how quickly it's gone x
My test day is sat x

Sorry, I thought it was Friday, good luck for sat xxx

I tested this morning. I couldn't wait.
The thing is after I'd done it, I realised the digital test ran out in October.
I googled expired tests and they said they result is accurate its just the tests ink that dry up.
Would you assume the result was right?
I've drank a load more to see what result I get with a strip test x

It's definitely positive!!!
The digital said 2-3 weeks and got 2lines on a strip test and that was after 45 minutes from the 1st wee.
I'm not going to get excited, I'm just going to take it day at a time xx

The 1st time I did a digital with my 1st cycle it came up 1-2 weeks.
Hopefully both eggs have taken and that's why I got 2-3 weeks x

Congratulations! Thats wonderful news :hugs: How long until your blood tests?

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

I'm not sure about the blood test. I have to ring the hospital to let them know the result and I will ask about the bloods, then I have to book a scan for 2 weeks time x

You must be both over the moon! Hope this is the first of lots of good news on this thread :dance:

I'm not letting myself get excited yet as it only lasted 5 days on my 1st cycle so just taking each day as it comes and maybe next week it will sink in a little x

Yes I hope the good news continues x

I am so so pleased for you, I understand your caution though
I am keeping everything crossed for you
Xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79