waiting for ivf and struggling!

Ducktales - hope today has gone well.

2have4kids - re: Twitter - Initially I followed Zita West & Emma Cannon who are UK fertility experts, from there I saw who they were following and found other other health related people and who followed them to find other women doing IVF. Searching IVF also picks up people. I like the bite sized health information, some people's twitter profiles are too sad so I've not followed them, I want to follow positive people at this time.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

AFM: Think the cold has finished now, phew. Have used the last 2 days to finish watching Private Practice (not what it was) and the halfway through the last series of Desperate Housewives. I know that was nearly 2 years ago.

Also, had a note on facebook from one of my oldest best friends to forewarn me she is about to start trying for her 3rd child (her eldest is 10). She's not telling anyone else. I'm really pleased she thought to do that to make it easier for me. I wish I'd told her sooner about our issues because she's actually been the most understanding, she gets it. She FB'd me cos sadly we only get to see each other in person about once a year.

Minxy, that sounds like a good friend, very considerate. Glad to hear your cold is better too.
Ducktales, it sounds like there may be more than originally thought, F&TX for you that they catch up to be big mothers at EC time!!!
Melbram looks like we just posted at the same time, I'm editing to say, stay healthy!! Take some vit C or something and keep yourself in the clear :)

I just got back from u/s and bloods and thanks to the bcp I've now got 2 cysts in my R ovary that's producing estrogen. It's way over 300. So I've got to lengthen my stay on the pill with new round of bloods and u/s on Sunday. Fx that the estrogen goes down. They said it's over 300 and needs to be under 150. I don't know if it's my rotten OH, my bad IVF news or the bcp but I feel very depressed today. I'm teleworking, thank goodness (I'm a mess) and they had set me up with a psychologist appt this morning thankfully (the timing was perfect) as a requirement with ivf. The u/s doc came in to scan me and said 'OH MY, you're far too young for flare protocol!' Like I really needed the reminder that I have diminished reserves. Thanks ye wee sour tart for the great start to my day. :nope:

The one good piece of news is that they'll give me a doctors note to be off from ER to BFP if I want. :happydance:

Ducktales: hope you had some positive news today

Minxy: That's nice of your friend - better than announcing it in front of everyone that she is pregnant - glad your cold has gone

afm: lots of twinges now and dull ache. OH has been in bed all day with this sickness bug - not too sure what to do - no doubt it will affect his swimmers which isnt great and I am praying I dont get it because the meds probably will be effected - sleeping on the sofa tonight - dont want to chance breathing in the same air as OH! - rescan tomorrow will mention it then. I will be devastated if we have to abandon this cycle

Thank you everyone
Scan went well
I have 4 follicles on the right, 11 on the left, 3 are already ready for egg collection and others not far behind, so egg collection will be on Friday
They are still worried about the left ovary but won't know till the day how easy it is to get to
Am going in at 7am on Friday which means I do my trigger shot tonight at 9.
Thank you for all your messages of support, it has really helped my positivity.
I have been at work today but am taking tomorrow off to chill before the EC
Xxxx

Minxy - glad you are feeling better. Its great that your friend is so understanding. Quite rare to find folks with children who are able to empathise.

2have4kids - sorry you are having a down day :hugs: Fingers crossed you are where you need to be by the weekend. I think the counselling as a matter of course is a good idea. Its optional for us and I think I might take it if we get another failed cycle. Its good to have help coming to terms with this crap! Hope tomorrow is a better day.

Melbram - sorry to hear about your OH. DP had the norovirus 3 days before ER last time. I moved out to avoid it and managed not to catch it but its not ideal for the swimmers. Whatever you do, avoid it all costs! Hope he is feeling better soon, there is a lot of it about at the mo x

Ducktales - glad things are on the up! Not long until Friday x

AFM, plodding on until next scan on Friday. Ovaries are bloated and feel swollen which is a good sign I suppose. Tired and achey seems to be a way of life at the mo!

xxx

2have4 kids sorry you are having a down day, I hope the counselling is helpful, its something I would have liked also, it would be nice if doctors thought about the impact of what they say
Pinke- roll on Friday for both of us
Melbram- sorry about oh, norovirus is short and sharp though so better than flu or something like that. Good luck at scan tomorrow
Minxy- what a thoughtful friend, good of her
Xx

Quick update from my scan - stimming well - 24 follies on right and 17 on the left. The ones they measure are 10-12mm probably had apx10-15 that are up to standard with lots of little ones which will hopefully catch up. I have a bit of fluid on my ovary which I had last time but they were not concerned about it. Back Monday now and hopefully they will confirm egg collection Wednesday
....as for OH he is out of bed and feeling a bit better - as for me Im still dettol and bleach happy ;)

good luck tommorow Ducktales x lots and lots of babydust to you x

Melbram HOLY COW, that's alot of eggs! Wowwy wow. Can't wait to hear about your Monday scan!
Pinkie, let us know how it goes tomorrow, can't wait
Ducktales, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, can wait to hear about your collection :dust: to you, may those stragglers catch up and be super quality!!
Minxy how are you? I devoured Call the midwife (OH liked it too) and onto a new TV series too called 24. Love it, very action packed!
Mummy how's the ms? You must be nearing your scan soon?

Well today was a better day. I've booked us a holiday in Florida this year during August long weekend. I just want ocean, sand, sun and beach. OH would be so happy to see the space station over there. A little baby shopping (USA is SO cheap for everything) as I'll be 4 months pregnant by then (yes, keeping VERY optimistic lol). Begrudgingly picked up my extra pill pack, lets go lets go!!

2have4kids - good for you! Florida is fun, I really enjoyed the space centre. Its always good to have something to look forward to. We're planning a holiday in July, maybe Cornwall.

Ducktales - hows it all gone? Hope you are ok :hugs:

Is everyone else ok? Anymore updates?

AFM - scan went well this morning, similar numbers and sizes to Melbram. I'm also back on Monday, hoping to confirm EC on Wednesday. The nurse said I have a beautiful endometrium, lovely and plump :haha:

EC today which went well. Had it under sedation.
So they managed to access both ovaries to get 10 eggs!!!!!. I will get a call tomorrow morning from the embryologist to confirm if any/how many have fertilised
Just resting on the sofa, I have period like pains and an upset stomach with minor bleeding and just feeling tired
Update tomorrow!

2have4kids - good for you! Florida is fun, I really enjoyed the space centre. Its always good to have something to look forward to. We're planning a holiday in July, maybe Cornwall.
I just did a seminar yesterday on infographics. Cornwall and Finland have some of the worlds best infographics, they are high on branding and design (their graphics are just eye candy!) https://lynnedoor.blogspot.ca/2012/02/cornwall-via-infographic.html

AFM - scan went well this morning, similar numbers and sizes to Melbram. I'm also back on Monday, hoping to confirm EC on Wednesday. The nurse said I have a beautiful endometrium, lovely and plump :haha:
Wow, that's loads of eggs then congrats and thats always nice to hear about your lining from the nurse :happydance:

Ducktales - wooo hooo! That is a good number. Are you ICSI or straight IVF?

Pinkie & Melbram - good luck for next week.

Pinkie - I'd like to get to Cornwall one day but its 8 hours from us on a good day

2have4kids - a holiday to Florida lovely lovely! I love America too, if May's treatment doesn't pan out we will treat ourselves to a trip to America just not sure where to go, can't really afford it but can't really afford not to either as no where makes me happier than going to the US (complete escape). DH has so far refused to drive there & won't let me either! Will have to work on him. Hoping it doesn't come to that and will be happy & pregnant instead & will have a little holiday closer to home maybe the Peak District area.
I might get Call the Midwife for my 2 week wait TV viewing. I haven't seen 24, I've heard it's good. Got 8 seasons of SuperNatural to get through now, may take a while.

Hope everyone has a good weekend & all is well x

AFM: nothing to report, should get AF 10th April & start contraceptives. It's beginning!

Minxy do you guys ever get really great cheapie airfares over to the US? if so, where are the landing points? On Tuesday there were United airllines fares for $288 round trip taxes inc to LA, NYC and Miami. My OH made us wait till 9pm to sit down & look at the fares and by then they were gone. I was so pissed so we booked using points and then booked 4star timeshare accoms (condo w/kitchen) for $275 for the week. Not waiting for that one to get snapped up! VRBO is great too for condo/cottage rentals. Would love to see north or south Carolina too, that coastline is so beautiful. I'll have to check out SuperNatural xx

We are having icsi
Hi to everyone else, feeling a bit rubbish so will do personals tomorrow
Xxx

Hope you feel better soon Ducktales :flower:

mummy.wannabe - how are you doing? x

Hey all

I've missed so much of the crucial stuff.

Ducktales so happy for you. See we told you to keep positive, that's great. You normally have about half fertilise so let's hope for good ones.
Rest up. Are you off work for awhile now?
It really does take it out of your having collection.

Melbram wow loads and loads of follies, you should get a massive amount of eggs out of them. Bet your feeling full up.

Pinkie glad your scans are going well too. You should have a good amount too.

2have4kids- Florida will be lovely and you will look fab in your maternity dresses and baby bump of the beach.

Minxychick you will be starting soon and the time flys by when you start.

I've got no holidays planned, we can't really afford it. We have so much still do in the house and the Galen before a baby/babies arrive and now we have sorted the flat we can concentrate on doing things around here. The new couple move in tomorrow.

My scan is on Tuesday so that's gone by quickly really. I'm 6weeks and 1 day today.
I actually slept most of the night last night and I really needed it. I can't function on no sleep. Not felt too sick today but couldn't eat a lot today. I've lost 4lbs already because I can't eat the same as I usually do.
I'm working this weekend and its the 1st back for about 4weeks or so. I hate doing weekends x

image.jpg

This is what keeps me up half the night as well as the sickness. This is all down my bum and legs, it's so got and itchy. It doesn't show in the picture but its bright red. I'm going to see if they can give me any cream when I go on Tuesday as my skin is also so tough now, my hubby is having to force the needle in x

Mummy - aww that looks so sore. I really hope they can offer some help. Sorry, I can't remember why your having the injections as opposed to the crinone or suppositories?

Ducktales - hope you feel better tomorrow & get good news. My 1st IVF was sedation, I felt a bit sore the days after like I'd done ALOT of sit ups. Oddly the 2nd one I was knocked out & felt nothing afterwards. 3rd one will be sedation again as the new clinic hasn't the staff/facilities to do general anesthetic.

2have4kids - no there aren't really any goods deals from the UK to US, the cheapest are really long flights that involve spending a few hours somewhere. Its cheapest to go to the New York side rather than the LA side (by about £300 each!!). I used to be scared of flying so I got over that and went for my first flying holiday to Vegas & San Fran in 09, before TTC, that was meant to our 1 only big holiday (a 2nd honeymoon). The following year we did NY & Boston, booked it 6 weeks before cos we kept thinking I'd be pregnant by then. By the following year after clomid not working we had a week back to NY to help the waiting for IVF go quicker. Last year was IVF year. We've been together 13 years but had all our holidays in the last 4 (don't want it to sound like we're always jetting off places!) So in someways the US feels like an escape, where I forget about what I really want for a couple of weeks.

Night night gals
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"