waiting for ivf and struggling!

I'm going the injections because I was at High risk of OHSS.
I was knocked out both times and I liked it that way. I wouldn't have liked to be sedated.
I woke up in pain but a quick fluid pain killer into my canular and I was feeling ok.

Ducktales hope you get a good amount today.

Minxy all those holidays sound like that's done you good.
I've been quite lucky really.
Mum and dad took us many places as kids and when my parents divorce we went on nice holidays with them.
As an adult. As hubby and I have been together since we were 16 we have been on loads on nice holidays together.
Main ones being 4 weeks to South Africa. Which was amazing.
Safari, a tradition Zulu land, shark diving, we traveled all around.
Traveled oz for honeymoon .
Been all around America, New York and lots if Spanish and Greek islands.
I've been very lucky. We just have taken to staying at home since trying to conceive and get the house into order.

Got my 1st weekend back to work so hope it goes by quickly and you all have a lovely weekend xxx

Ducktales: fantastic news on your eggs - any news on fertilisation?? I hate waiting for the phone call x

Pinkie: yey for lots of follies - Im back Monday too with EC probably Wednesday. Imn panicking about OHSS though Im sure I have more follies this time than last time on day 5

2have4kids: not long now :happydance: It will be lovely to get away for a bit after this mad rollercoaster x

Minxy:Will you be on long or short protocol?

Mummy: awch that looks sore bless you x good luck with Scan Tuesday that has come round really quickly

Good news. Out of the 10 eggs, 8 were suitable for the fertilisation injection, of which 6 have fertilised!!!! They will call me early Monday morning to confirm if they want us to go in on Monday afternoon or Wednesday morning to have one put back, and how many we can freeze if they are still progressing well! Long way to go still but good news at this stage xxxx

Ducktales after all that worrying you have 6 lil embies growing :happydance::dust::dust::dust:

That's great news!!!
I had 7 out of 13 so that's a lot.

Are you not allowed 2?
If they can't decide which is best on the day you might be allowed x

Wanted to ask anyone who might be able to assist, over the course of today the pain is becoming worse, it is like a stabbing pain and feels like trapped wind and upset stomach and I am very bloated, is this normal the day after egg collection?
Am taking paracetamol but not helping
I don't have any of the listed OHSS symptoms and can wee but it hurts at the end of passing urine and hurts when I stand up or move around

Ducktales, I was very uncomfy after EC too. Some stabbing sorts of pain and bloatedness. We were given an emergency number to ring with any worries out of hours, if you have similar, might be worth an ask? xx

Ducktales I was really uncomfortable too after EC it hurt when I sat down and when walking about. Lots of stabbing pains and I started to become really bloated which resulted in some OHSS after the transfer. Its a tricky one because I think all the OHSS symptoms are very similar to the symptoms you can expect from making your ovaries work overtime and after having lots of needles stuck into them x maybe give them a ring like pinky said if your worrying or symptoms get worse x

How are you feeling Pinky? GL with scan tomorrow hopefulloy we are both on target for EC Wednesday

I was extremely bloated and had a lot of pains but no pain going to the toilet.
I would just ring the out of hours number and I think you leave a message and they get back to you.
Just so they can confirm it normal.
They might say wait and see what tomorrow brings x

You stay bloated until past your test date and then if your pregnant you stay bloated even longer x

Thanks for the advice, am monitoring it today and might call later
Bloating is not so bad today just stabbing pain in the left ovary so imagine it is just angry and being poked and prodded!

Just think your ovaries have gone from being the size of a grapefruit and they have to make there way back down to normal size so the cramps and pains are normal x

Glad you are feeling a bit better Ducktales. Maybe see how you feel n the morning? Its a rough ride we are on! :wacko:

Thanks Melbram, good luck tomorrow too :hugs: Hope you are doing ok. I'm feeling very bloated and tired today. We have been out for a three course dinner for Grandad's 81st Birthday. It was lovely but I am full and sleepy now! Cant wait for ET.

Ducktales - hope your feeling better. If it gets worse I would ring, I'm wondering if its bad bruising if they had trouble getting all the eggs. Fingers crossed for good news.

Melbram - I'm not sure what protocall, long i think. I'm taking contraceptives from day 2 for 21 days, then buerslin injections and then gonal F.

MummyW - the time has gone quickly. Hope work wasn't too busy, the sun is finally out here & everyone is out.
I wish I was having a general for egg collection but if I want Norwich bourn it's sedation. It's not the sedation that bothers me just that it hurt afterwards but not at all after the general. Which makes no sense as I had 8 more eggs after the general. Oh well.

Sounds like you had a nice day pinkie. Always makes me sleepy after a meal out.
I've been to my nans for the weekly roast.
It's tradition.
My little niece looks so much like me now when I was a child. She's always on the go, she to be doing something.
She tires me out and only see her for a few hours at a time.

Work was very busy today which I knew it would be.
The sun brings them all out.

Good luck with the scans tomorrow girls

Ducktales hope the pain subsides and makes sense that maybe your bruised from them trying to get to that awkward ovary.
Bless you! Rest up well and hot water bottle x

Thanks, feeling a bit better though cant stand up for long as too painful but sure it will improve tomorrow
Exciting week or everyone this week
Pinky and melbram good luck for tomorrow
Mummy wannabe good luck for Tuesday
Minxy- my EC was sedation not general anaesthetic though I was knocked out so must have been wavy sedation
Hoping it is good news tomorrow and that we can go to a 5 day ET
Looking forward to everyone's updates
Xxx

Hi Everyone :wave:
Mummy, it sounds like you had a relaxing weekend. I hope you're not feeling too tired with work. 2 more days till the scan :woohoo:
Melbram & Pinkie, good luck with the scans, wed/tuesday right?
Minxy, 3 more days till the pill, it'll fly by!

AFM, just did another scan & bloods, estrogen levels are down so we're good to go now. I only saw 1 tiny antral on the left and they're going to aspirate the two 2+ cm cysts on my R ovary on Tuesday. No sedation, just like their IVF treatment. Lovely. I asked and can pop some Tylenol before the appt.

I hope everyone is doing well, glad to hear you've got some sunshine over there. xx

Hi Everyone :wave:
Mummy, it sounds like you had a relaxing weekend. I hope you're not feeling too tired with work. 2 more days till the scan :woohoo:
Melbram & Pinkie, good luck with the scans, wed/tuesday right?
Minxy, 3 more days till the pill, it'll fly by!

AFM, just did another scan & bloods, estrogen levels are down so we're good to go now. I only saw 1 tiny antral on the left and they're going to aspirate the two 2+ cm cysts on my R ovary on Tuesday. No sedation, just like their IVF treatment. Lovely. I asked and can pop some Tylenol before the appt.

I hope everyone is doing well, glad to hear you've got some sunshine over there. xx

Good luck for Tuesday, sorry I missed you out on my personals, I am rubbish!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->