waiting for ivf and struggling!

Melbram you got to go back to work inbetween?
You off after ET tho? You can get signed off by the doctor x

I go back on Monday, didn't want the whole 2ww off there is no way I could cope!
On restricted desk only duties though
X

Ideally I need to go in tomorrow to tie up a few loose ends nobody really covers from me when I'm not there cuz I'm the only one who does my area x I will be taking the 2ww off if I get that far x

Oh just gone to get me a hot water bottle to see if it eases the pain a bit x stomach feels tense and like a pulling feeling

Mummy yey for ur 3 days off!

Hope you feel better soon. Our bodies go through a lot and we just can't guess what these pains are x
You are going to need the 2ww off because this Is it for you!!! X

MummyW thanks I am so happy it just feels like things are moving :happydance:. Look on new looks website they had a sale on mat clothes:thumbup: enjoy your 3 days off

Pinkie goodluck with ET tomorrow:dust:

Melbram sorry about being in so much pain hot water bottles always helps with my period pains. Can you go in for half a day maybe?

Ducktales you go back on Monday you need to make sure you stay stuck to your desk no running about

Yes bundles I think ill do the bare minimum and go as soon as I can if still in pain x

Bundles the time will really fly now.
Yep I've been on the new look and got lots if things in my basket ha xp

Pinkie - good luck tomorrow

Ducktales - glad to hear everything is moving at last.

2have4 - the stat you quoted was for ladies over 37. How old are you Hun? I hope they let you transfer the amount you want.

Hope everyone's aches & cramps ease up.
Have got a week booked off after ET am thinking of asking doc to sign me off the other week. Should I ask before or during 2ww?

Afm: the drug company called today my ivf meds arrive in a fortnight. All ok here, looking forward to having my friend over for dinner tomorrow nightly who sadly will also be doing ivf later this year. It's very odd when your friend tells you they are having 'troubles etc etc' and you can say yeah I know all about X, Y & Z. It's nice to have someone to talk too but as much as I feel envious of friends getting pg first, to see them go through this is much worse. 2013 will be our year!

Hi Minxy, I'm 37 as of Sept. They will let me transfer as many as I want up to 4 (which is scary to me) but we'll only do 4 if they aren't all good quality.

What's a fortnight? YEAY for getting your meds soon!!! And sorry to hear about your friend but it's great that you can chat and share. I always feel like sometimes ppl look at me strangely when they ask about IVF - it's so foreign unless you've had to go that route.

Melbram & Pinkie I hope are feeling better soon. Pinkie tomorrow it'll snuggle in for a long warm cozy 9 months :happydance: Melbram make it a quickie tomorrow, hopefully the time goes fast and you won't be in too much pain!
Mummy, how's the ms?
Ducktales just make sure the stress doesn't phase you. I can relate to you wanting to do stuff, I'm going to miss doing my gym routine in the tww. And then there's the shower/bath reno that I've got on the go, sitting there staring at unfinished work will be difficult mentally hahaha.
Bundles this is fantastic news, wishing you a speedy first appt!

Morning all,
Good luck today pinkie
Hope everyone else is good
I have been trying to relax but struggled when I opened the under stairs cupboard to a large semi alive mouse that had caught in a trap I laid about a month ago!
We often have a couple of nice come in around this time of year so had set a few traps to stop them before they start but this one was gross, it's beady eyes were looking at me
Not the best start to today- it made me very nauseous but that is nothing to do with the embie!!!
��

Minxy I didn't pre tell my doctor I was doing ivf, they were informed a long the way by my hospital but not when I was having treatment.
I told my boss I wanted the 2 ww off to relax as that was the most important part for me to let the eggs take and not worry.
So once id had transfer I booked an appt took my paper work and told them I was allowed to be signed off for the ivf 2ww so they wrote me a note.
Its in there best interest if its on the Nhs to sign you off and let it work than pay out another go to make it work.
I was then just paid statutory. I lost about £200 but worth it to relax and not be on my feet all day.

You could also make an appt just before transfer and tell them what's happening and when can you get your sick note.
Hope that helped.
Sorry your friend is going through it too.i think That's quite uncommon. I didn't want my friend to go through what I hand but was still upset when she fell straight away. Now she's 7 weeks a head of me but if I'm having twins they could be born around the same time which is weird.

Still not feeling great, not had much sleep again but nothing I can do but get on with it and its going to be worth it.
Still have bad cramps but at 6-7 weeks the babies blood triples so that's why you tend to get sick around now with 1 as so much stuff is going on in there.
When you all get to this stage its amazing, reading up on what its going to be doing this week etc its fascinating x

I spoke to a friend last night and she said you don't have to make a doctors appt, you just tell the receptionist to ring the midwife department and book you 1.
So I wasted my time waiting until my day off to book an appt.
Not sure whether to phone again or just go in earlier than my appt was booked for.

Good Luck today pinkie! Thinking of you. Let us know x

Oh no ducktales that is gross. I couldn't cope with seeing a dieing 1, I know there vermin but still upsets me x hope your feeling ok today x

Minxy: 14d will fly by exciting times

Ducktales: I couldn't cope with the mouse!!!

Mummy: sorry to hear ur still having a ruff time but like u say its because there is lots going on inside :)

Pinky: good luck today what time r u there?

Agm haven't gone to work ill just have to do a few emails from home but I no there r things that need to n done if I'm not going to b there for 2ws. Still have lots of pain ended up sleeping sitting up because of stomach cramps and back pain from just lying on my back . Urgh wish it would stop now

Melbram - sorry you aren't feeling so good :hugs: Def best to keep relaxed if you can x

Mummy - very exciting stages in your babes development! How wonderful x

Ducktales - I always leave the vermin control to DP! Poor you, would have made my stomach turn too x

Bundles, Minxy - cant wait to hear about your progress :happydance:

2have4kids - how are the jabs going?

AFM, 2 embies on board. One grade 2, one grade 2/3. They wouldn't put the third one back due to HFEA guidelines. I wasn't really surprised but it would have been nice. DP has already got me laid out on the sofa! I really hope they stick this time :flower:

Yet pinky their good grades for the stage they r up 2 aren't they x when's test date ?

AFM, 2 embies on board. One grade 2, one grade 2/3. They wouldn't put the third one back due to HFEA guidelines. I wasn't really surprised but it would have been nice. DP has already got me laid out on the sofa! I really hope they stick this time :flower:

Fantastic news Pinkie! So glad they put two back for you! Wishing you two sticky beans and congrats on being pupo!!

I was just reading on the impacts of diet and exercise has on assisted conception as well as m/c rates. I really want to try to do everything I can to get a bfp and keep a sticky bean. Here's the link if you're interested in a good read, most of the studies are conducted by the NHS. topics are on the left, they say that fish 2x/week is excellent to keep your pregnancy (I wonder if it's all the omega 3/6/9 oils) and so is moderate activity (as you'd expect):
https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/diet-and-miscarriage/fish
https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/exercise-and-miscarriage

Jabs are going ok-thanks for asking, woke up at 6am to give myself my jab and couldn't get back to sleep. Wish I could do them all in the evening at one time like you gals! Up reading now on what to do when in florida.

YEAY, I'm so excited for you, can't wait to hear. Kick those feet up and stay really hydrated :hugs:

Yay for 2 back pinkie!!!!!
I think they are good grades for day 3!
Did you find it uncomfortable? Are you off until test day? X

I did mine in the morning 2have4kids. I'm not sure what effects it would have differently on doing it in the evening.

Well I hate fish so never eat it but I am taking the pregnacare plus which has all your folic vitamins and minerals plus omega fish oils so I'm getting that in pill form x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->