waiting for ivf and struggling!

Melbram - Am so sorry to hear you've had to have the transfer delayed. This is soooo frustrating & hopefully the time will pass quick. Because I've been considered at risk of OHSS previously I spoke to a Dr from Las Vegas at the fertility show in November and they always freeze embies where there is a risk & consider it a better chance once all the drugs are out of the system and the body has recovered from EC. I also saw some statistics where FET where getting a better sucess rate only by a few percent though. Its still so gutting :hugs:

Pinkie - hope your not going too crazy waiting. Maybe a good boxset to watch? My AF came before test day both times before too, it was weird never getting to test day. Lots of luck :hugs:

Ducktales - that test stick is looking good. Fingers crossed.

2have4 - Hope your ok.

MummyW - How infuriating about your Bro, this just seems typical. If she's on the pill and they are on again off again, maybe she's a bit slack in taking it and your Bro is the innocent party here. I've heard so many stories like this.
It may be 'silly' to think only one of you could be pregnant at once but that's the kind of thought I'd have too, its not a silly though to me, but there's no substance in that. Hope you can concentrate on enjoying your pregnancy and not worrying about them, they may be able to fall easily but it doesn't sound like they have a stable relationship. It's a shame.
How are you feeling now?

Afm: not much to report, good weekend, had a few drinkies Saturday night but that's it now till after treatment (hope that was ok, but I've had 3/4 bottle of wine since Christmas anyway).
I'm on the fertility vits too, 1000mcg vit C and omega fish oils (also don't like fish!). Last night on twitter Emma Cannon was talking about getting protien during IVF from non meat sources e.g. avacado, quinoa, brown rice, peanut butter, oats, peas (also in powder form), whey protein powder & chlorella. I'm going to look into the protein powder (isolate), as its really hard to eat enough. She also said about warming foods and eating every 3 hours.
Other than that all ok though the emotional side of things has definately got me this time as emotional, moody & grumpy. Though still recovering from Sats lack of sleep xx

Ducktales: how's the test today yesterday's looked good - congrats! X

Afm going from bad to worse now have a sickness and dioreah bug :( can't keep anything down which means can't drink enough water to help with the fluid in my stomach from ohss hospital can't admit me because of the bug just want to feel normal again

Thanks minxy I've tried not to think about it really since the weekend. She never went back on the pill after having Eliza, I know she wanted another baby but I'm my eyes, they could have waited just a little longer. I really feel it was insensitive of them both.
She falls easily and they could have planned it better but its done now.

Oh melbram. So sorry love. You obviously have low Imunity whilst you've been down after collection and got that. A lot of people have had it at work and its doing its rounds. I really hope I don't get it.
So the hospital was going to admit you? But won't because of the bug?
Are you on strong pain killers.
You go through this treatment thinking once you've got to a certain point you'll be fine but there are so many risks.
Poor you!! X

Ducktales- tested again? X

Melbram, am so sorry you are feeling rubbish
Minxy how are you getting on?
Pinkie, how is your patience?!!
Mummy- sooty about your brother and gf. Families
Bundles - how are you?
2have4 hope you are ok too

2nd test
7dp5dt

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 3
Yey ducktales!

Mummy: yes usually they would have admitted me but too much risk to pregnant ladies at the hospital. Feeling a little bit better now thank god

Hey ladies

Melbram - I'm so sorry for you :hugs: This is the last thing you deserve after everything you've been through. I hope its a quick bug and you start to feel better soon. Drinking lucozade always seems to help me with bugs like that.

Minxy - not heard of isolate, thanks for the info. Will do some research. I eat nuts and seeds but maybe could do more. I don't think I eat enough leafy greens.

Mummy - I know its hard when folks around are pregnant, especially when it should be your moment. When I see friends/families with bumps/babies I always get a stab of envy but then I think would I want their life? The answer is always no.

Ducktales - Whoop Whooop! Looking good to me! Getting stronger by the day. Hope I can join you soon!

Hope everyone else is ok

xxx

Hi everyone! :wave:

Melbram, I'm glad to hear you're feeling a wee bit better. On the homestretch now back to normalcy. I'm sending you huge :hug: and a speedy recovery/wait time till FET. You will get your BFP!

Minxy, I supplement with whey isolate protein now and then. I came in famished yesterday with nothing in the fridge and had a shake to tide me over till I had dinner made. Had a chocolate milk protein shake Sunday night before bed as I got hungry after dinner/bedtime snack.
I find they can be high sodium when they try to pack flavour in there-I'm pretty picky with the labels when I buy shakes. Generally have a good balanced diet loads of lentils, nuts, veggies fish chicken (I find it hard to digest steak but we do have it) and use the whey shakes when I'm feeling hungry & lazy (better than fatty snacky foods).

On the protein thing, I was just reading my fav research site last night it said that pregnant mama's with a higher protein diet tend to have longer length babies that have more muscle content. Lower protein, higher fat content diet=babies have higher fat content and aren't necessarily as long. I had to lol though, I just picture a little body builder baby popping out crying for a protein shake Baaaah hahaha.

Mummy, just ignore those annoying ppl. There are some people in this world that suck energy from us with their negative vibes. These people are toxic for you and the less you think about them the better!

Bundles how's the weight loss going? You look like you're half way there! Good work lady!

Pinkie, how's the pottering going? I hope you're enjoying your time off!

:wohoo:Ducktales:wohoo:, that's a beautiful BFP and I really wish you a happy healthy 9 months with your little one.:wohoo::wohoo:

Got my scan tomorrow morning, I can't wait to see what's going on. I'm positive but really scared at the same time. I need this thing to work.

2have4kids good luck for tomorrow. Hope they are doing well.

I read that some women take boost protein shakes but we don't have that in the uk and all I keep researching is that they are for building muscle for body builders.
Are they fit for pregnant women too?

I'm just going to think about my own babies as that's what I'll be seeing everyday.
I know I'm in a happy stable loving relationship with my hubby and that's what matters.

Ducktales- yay so happy for you. Can see it getting darker.
How is hubby feeling? X

Pinkie- how is it going?

Minxy- i bet your emotional all the waiting you've been doing.
You've done it more than us all and you deserve some great news.
You'll be starting before you know it x

Dh is refusing to believe it until test date on Sunday and on a digital!!!!
Lol
Xxx

Hi everyone
Ducktales:happydance::happydance:that looks like a lot darker than the first test :happydance: your dh has patience to want till Sunday

2have4kids good luck with your scan tomorrow.xxx weightloss has stayed the same at the moment not really sure what to do to kick start it, was thinking about taking up cycling.

Mummy, I've never had Boost or Ensure, I just assume they're loaded with preservatives and artificial stuff. Whey protein powder is simple, it's used by many people, both of my work colleagues have in shakes in the morning -they're far from being body builders :haha: Only thing to watch out for in protein powders is artificial sweeteners and sodium. I like them because they're a quick healthy fix when I'm really hungry with no leftovers or healthy options. I think if you have protein with every meal and mix plant proteins, nuts legumes etc & a handful of meat that's plenty & balanced. Some people don't eat much protein and I think this is what the study was speaking to.

On a side note...I avoid soy protein at all costs. Soy blocks nutrient absorption and promotes estrogen (which women over 35 don't need more of), if we're pregnant soy should be off the list of things to eat imo and it's banned in many countries in certain forms ie NZ. There have been many studies done on soy products, unless you want your girls to grow up being completely infertile, keep your babies & kids off soy infant formula, milk & other products.

Good luck with the scan tomorrow 2have4kids x

I'm good thanks mummy, a bit bored but ok. Normally with the sun shining I would be outside! Patience is not something I'm good at. DP is letting me out and about (gently) at the weekend x

There's so much stuff to have and not have. Its confusing. I won't try and get the shakes then.

Ha bless you pinkie, you'll enjoy going out x

Hi ladies, just got back from the u/s. Bad news, my follies aren't growing very well. 9 follies still but measuring .7, .7, .7 .6, .4, and ,6. That's usually what most people's baseline looks like! They said they are half of what they need for them to be for size and they'll give me 3 more days to see if they grow. They've switched me from Luveris to Menopur and I'm really really nervous now. I don't have options here in Canada for donor eggs, they just don't have programs like that and I really wanted to use our eggs (as we all do). I hope they grow, I was so pleased to have that many and now to find that they aren't growing as expected is devastating.

I'm so sorry :hugs: Keeping everything crossed that the Menopur has more effect for you. What dose are you on? Try and stay positive, thinking of you xx

2have4 - I am sorry it wasn't be news you wanted, I will keep everything crossed that things improve over the next 3 days
I also had 9 follicles on day 12 and none of them were anywhere near big enough. 3 more days on gonal f did the trick so you never know
Keep your abdomen warm and eat lots of protein and eggs
Xxxxx

2have4kids a few extra days can make all the difference x

Pinky hope dh is letting u do a bit more today

:haha: thanks! I've increased my level of activity to useful pottering :happydance: Looking forward to being a bit more active by the weekend. Hopefully this can include some gentle dog walks.

How are you doing, are you feeling better? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->