waiting for ivf and struggling!

A bit off topic, I just wanted to say I really love this forum and I love chatting to you ladies. Sometimes it gets a bit tough with people around and it feels no-one understands how I feel, but when I come on this forum and chat to you ladies.. I feel much more better and confident, I value your advices and time that you give and I wish you all succsses. Its ever so nice to hear of pregnant ladies on this forum because I know it must of been through a tough ride before getting a BFP and those ladies that have not got a BFP, well dont worry it will come, it will come!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry for the spelling mistakes and words in wrong places, I dont read what I write, I just think of it and type it. lol

Baseline 18th May.

YH - it is interesting to hear what happens, especially as everyone is slightly different. I'm on long protocall, this is where they give you BCP for 21 days before down regulating, this is to get my cycle in line with the clinics schedule. The last 2 IVFs I did BCP then straight onto IVF drugs, they did this because they were worried I would over stimualte (get OHSS), both times I had alot of eggs, high fertilisation but they don't get past day 3. this is very unusual. So they're giving me a more standard protocall to hopefully improve the results.

Plus I've gone crazy on fancy vitamins. :wacko:

I agree! After 2 IVf's, 3.5 years ttc, I think my friends are getting a bit bored. Plus there's not much to say to them about it.

Yeah your right, there isnt much to say to them and I feel no-one will understand other than those who are also TTC

Minxy, yay on getting your meds through now.
You sound very prepared with yoga and your eating etc lets hope this is the 1.

Arwww YH you sweeties. That's why we are all here.
We've had our struggles and all seemed to be starting our 1st or 2nd ivf cycles together.
I started this thread whilst on my 1st round and then had a 6 month start until the next and having others to chat to is lovely.

I'm a few weeks a head of ducktales and pinkie. I'm due 28th November but the twins will prob come a few weeks before that I would have thought.
I prepared roughly when ill be leaving work as I'm preparing another lady to step up into manager role.
We said she will take over my weekends from end of August. Ill be 28 weeks then and I'm sure ill be big and ready to stop them.
Even if I can still do 4 days in the week, ill try but I want at least a month at home to prepare for babies.
I've bought twin books for what to expect and contented babies as there isn't much advise online really so got to get through them.

Pinkie you had 2 put back didn't you?

2have4.how are you doing?
A friend of mine has just been told she has a low ovarian reserve at 36 and had the form signed off for ivf.
Did they mention anything about how they go about ivf with low reserve?
I've heard some women have to have 2 lots of meds and egg collection incase they want extra children.
Did they say that the bcp could have been wrong for you?
She's asking me a lot of questions and I don't know much about it when low reserve comes into it x

Bundles how are you getting on?

Melbram, how is being back at work? Still no more bloating?

Pinkie are you back at work?

Ducktales hope your taking it easy on your days off after your long shifts.

Laus what have they said are the chances of conceiving naturally with 1 tube?

hey ladies hope you are all well. Minxy good luck with this ivf cycle

Yearning 2have4 hope the apps go well.

Again please excuse me if i miss anyone out as i'm still getting to know you all

Mummy, i would love to have twins it would be my absolute dream. I hope both your little beans have a cosy and h&h 9months
Regarding the tube, they said that it should be fine even though i have an amh of 9.8 and i'm 29 they said still i should have no problems but here i am and obviously i do have problems :dohh: Oh well at least i am eligible for ivf on the nhs. Where i lived previously i wasnt eligible because of the low amh. Where i am now it goes on fsh and mine meets the criteria, phew!!

Morning all :flower:

2have4kids - sending you positive vibes across the miles today, hope you get on ok x

Mummy - yes, I had two put back. I'd love twins for the simple reason of never having to do IVF again but we are delighted if its one. I'm testing every day still and panicking about mc. I know I should try and relax but its so hard. We have done the hardest part (which for most folks is the easiest!) and it seems too good to be true!

Yesterday I took the dogs for a slightly longer walk in the hills. I went really slowly and gently but MiL came round last night and told me I shouldn't be doing it so now I'm worrying about that!

xxx

laus where do you live then? im lucky and told I could have 3 cycles on the nhs. I know a lot of people in London only get 2 go and then have to pay themselves.
so they haven't done any investigation scans on you?

pinkie I tested every day for quite awhile but my tests got as dark as they could very quickly, that's when we 1st thought it could be twins when I compared it to my friends tests. ill post them for you if youd like to compare. but honestly after a while youll stop and not worry about it as much. after I had spotting I checked every time I went to the loo but after a few weeks you don't do it as much x

your allowed to go for walks with the dogs, people do a lot more things but we panic for everything x

image.jpg

The bottom one is my friends with a singleton and the top one is mine. my tests were the darkest they could go compared to when she just started testing x

Thanks mummy. Here are mine. The first is a bit fainter but the other two are the same. Where do you get your tests from? I've not seen anything like that in our local Boots, but it is tiny!

Attachments

• IMG_3847 2.jpg
    IMG_3847 2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 5
They are the strips that are inside pregnancy tests. I got about 50 from eBay for a few quid. I did these everyday as its easy to see the difference and did digital each week too x

They are looking fairly dark tho x

Cool, thanks, just bought 30 for £1.50! They should be here by Monday and its probably a bit mad to still be testing then but I'm not bothered for a few quid!

I went through loads over the years or trying so they were great.
There small but just as good.
Should have told you about them earlier and you could have started from the beginning.
I love having the tests to show how dark they got x

2HAVE4 hope everything went well for you today!

Pinkie and mummy you ladies must be over the moon!! Its so nice to hear such amazing success stories. Really gives me the hope i need to carry on.

Mummy, i live in colchester and i believe they offer three cycles as well but i will have this confirmed in aug.

we have had endless tests done inc bloodwork, lap & dye, sa etc....

The FS said we will have to have the bloodwork done again before we go for the ivf. An endless circus of swings and round abouts!! :( Oh well gotta keep pushing forwards

You've had all that and they can find anything?
I had all those done at my local hospital and they found nothing with me and only hubby.
Then when you get refered to your ivf clinic they re do the blood and scan. They found I had pcos and endo that my hospital didnt pick up.
I knew I had something.

I rang the doctors again today to chase up my referral letter for my midwife. The lady couldn't tell me much so I have to ring Monday again,
Hubby rang the maternity unit and they said they can't give me a appointment until they have had the referral from the doctors.
So got to keep chasing.
Then have to wait 1-2 weeks to get the appointment and then they schedule my scan for around 12 so hopefully they have space because at this rate ill be 12 weeks before I get my appointment.
Hubby and I have decided to get a private scan in Hertford next week
Its £100 but I hardly spent anything last month when I was off so got extra this month x

I don't blame you, how many weeks will you be next week?

laustiredttc - I'm sorry you are having to jump through so many hoops but it is worth it x

Edit - mummy, just seen your ticker so ten weeks!

Yeah 10 next week so I hope they can get my 12 week scan on time, tho I've booked a private scan for Monday night x

Hi ladies, we're set to do one last if for August. She said July is a bit too rushed. It'll be short cycle antagonist protocol with estrogen patches and then after that, egg donor. So now we wait again.

I'm just writing you outside from my deck sitting in the sun as the cats eat grass (they're enjoying the lack of snow and warm sunny day too).eating lots of grass so they can throw up on my hardwood floors this afternoon lol. It finally feels like spring is here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->