waiting for ivf and struggling!

Hi ladies

Minxy - Hooray for getting started! :happydance: Keeping everything crossed this is the one for you. I would def avoid as much stress as possible. I don't think you ever want to have to look back and think you should have done anything different. Give yourself the best chance you can.

Bundles - I'm confused about the seminars too! We didn't have anything like that at my clinic (Nurture, Nottingham). We just met with the consultant and got on with it.

Lauistiredttc - hope AF arrives soon!

2have4kids - hope you are feeling better x

Melbram - hope you get through the day ok. It will be your turn soon x Hope your FiL is ok

AFM - 5 weeks today, scan is on the 10th. Cant wait. Trying not to dwell on chances of MC. Fingers crossed!

xxx

Bundles I had to attend an info evening

Minxy: yay for starting down regging

Pinky not long now then that's next week isn't it :)

FIL is ok out if hospital now but they don't no what is wrong with him so he's waiting for some scans x typical of our hospital they are hopeless x

Hope u all have a good day x

Hi all,
Hope everyone is well
My scan is on 7th may and I am counting down the hours to see if we have a heartbeat!
Morning sickness (well terrible nausea) kicked in last night
I am petrified of being sick but if I wasn't I would have puked by now
Some of the girls at work have booked dinner out tonight for a birthday thing- a sushi restaurant- not only will the smell kill me, I can't eat barely anything (even if I could face food) and I definitely do not need them guessing and no option to pull out as 2 people have already pulled out
Blah
Xx

Hey all

Minxy glad you have started the process. You'll soon be ready.

Pinkie hopefully your 2 weeks flys by. Mine did really.
How you doing?

Ducktales- glad you have your scan booked too. I was only sick for the 1st time this morning so had bad nausea but glad I haven't been sick all that time too. I cry when I'm sick ha
Just say you can't go and don't mind what they think. They'll soon find out eventually and it will make sense. There is no way I could smell fish all night! I went for a curry for someone's birthday at 6 weeks and it was horrible. I couldn't eat anything but my rice.

Melbram/ hospitals are rubbish with finding out what's wrong and quickly. Suppose there are lots of things to go through. Hope he's not too ill.
How are you doing?

I finally got my midwife on the 8th. Ill be 11 weeks so hopefully they can fit me in the week after for my 12 week scan.
Glad I have something to look forward too now x

Builders starting the bathroom yesterday and looks so different already won't be finished until next week tho.

Ducktales - sorry to hear your feeling unwell, sushi would not be my idea of fun at anytime. Agree with Mummy's comments.

Melbram - hope they get to the bottom of it soon.

Afm: second injection - DH is brilliant just felt a small prick. Ha ha.
Woke up today with a small sore throat, little cough and the worse muscle aches ever. Assume this just a crappy cold & not an odd reaction to drugs or chlorella. Can't really afford anytime of sick just yet so will be having an early night xx

bundlesofjoy - Thats great! Even though the date may not be fixed but yeh its nice to know what month it is in! Hope all goes well! x

babydreams1 - Welcome to the forum! I hope your IVF goes successful, try not to stress. x. I am starting soon so its exciting to read up about others IVF journey. Update us of what happens. :)

2have4kids - How are you? Hows your throat? Hope its all better now!

MinxyChick - Hope everything goes smooth and well for you and you see a BFP veeeeery soon! Do keep updating what you do, Il be starting soon. So how long did you take off work? I work in few places I think I definitely would need to take rest when I start the IVF. Is it just one injection you have to take daily? Hows your throat now? I know what you mean! Everytime I feel ill or anything, I always think Nooooo I cant take any more days off work especially if I need to in the future because of IVF

Pinkie 33 - 10th is not too far, it will be here before you know it, I was so excited for today and it has come fast. Dont worry, I hope everything goes well for you!!! xx

Melbram - How did the scan go? Hope all is well. Yeah thats the nature of some hospitals! lol, where is your hospital?

Ducktales - WhooHoo your scan is not far off, 1 week left. How you feeling now? Hope your better! x

mummy.again - Yay not long left for your scan. Thats brilliant! Bet you cant wait. What colour did you get your bathroom done? My bathroom is getting done next week Tuesday, Im looking forward to that (even though its just the floors! lol)

Todays was my follow up appointment that Iv been waiting for! I was so excited and still am. Anyways the Dr explain that my last surgery was all fine, no fibroid (Thank god!) and because my right tube is blocked, they are going to put me straight to IVF. (I was so happy when I heard this)

Anyways I have an appointment on the 21st with the nurse who will give me some pills (Dont know what its called) and I will have to take the pills for 3/4 weeks then the process of the egg/sperm etc..

I have read up about IVF, but I still dont seem to understand it 100%, I guess you only understand something when in it.

I seriously need to lose some weight, My BMI is 29 and that needs to go down to healthy. I feel motivated now that the IVF seems real and is finally happening for me. I really hope it works, this is the first IVF I will be having, Iv not had any clomid or other options. Its been 5 years Iv been wanting a baby. Anyways I better stop typing before I bore you all with my life story. I think Im going to get some sleep, I have work first thing in the morning! xxxxxxx

I will be going to a patient info session soon in which the process of IVF will be explained with Q&A etc. Im looking forward to that.

YH - hi, there are different ways they can manage your treatment, this time I'm doing 1 injection for 3 weeks, then 2 for 10 days. The week before EC you'll need go in 3 times for bloods & scans to check progress. I just go into work late. They recommend taking the day off after EC. They say you can go back to work after ET, I've previously taken a couple of days off only & my embies were poor anyway. Mummy & Pinkie took the 2ww off & this time I'm going todo the same. There's a lot of crap going on at work too. I wanted to before but a few people including hospital advised against it. If we get poor embies again I might only have a week, dilemma! If we get to blast or 3 day transfer then 2 weeks off.
Cold status: had about 4 hours sleep, don't feel tired but keep going hot & cold, so cant sleep. Still have sore throat & slight cough. Will dose up & goto work.

Hope everyone else is ok, looking forward to hearing progress x

Minxy- glad you got started, exciting times
Mummy - I cry when I am sick too I am petrified of it!
Bundles- good to have a timescale even just an idea of things
Pinkie- we will need to be patient together but I am finding it hard!!!
Yearning- great news about the learning session
2have4- I hope you are not sick
Baby dreams- welcome

I hope I didn't miss anyone out
Xx

Hi everybody, didn't want to read n run but really feeling crap. Was in bed watching movies all day, lost my voice, throat SO sore! Calling in sick again tomorrow, I don't feel like passing this to anybody else.

Sounds exciting with injections, scans, morning sickness, IVF, midwives & appointments. Minty I hope you feel better soon! Hopefully you don't get a full blown cold :flower:

2have4 - I missed your first ill update, sorry to hear your under the weather, hope your better soon.
Not too bad today, paracetamol is good stuff. I have a feeling it might get me later. Last day of BCP today, thought I d get all the nasty bits done at once x

YH- I was on a short protocol. So when your period starts that cycle day 1. I took my 1st injection on cycle day 2. I then did 5 days of injections before going for my 1st scan. They are checking the ovaries to see what follicles have grown, how many and what size. The follicles hold the eggs but every follicle does not have an egg.
I then was told to take my 2nd injection. Told to come back in 3-4 days.
Scan you again, check follicle size and then depending on if your follicles are up to size, which they want to be 17-18mm each, you keep going back every other day until they think your ready.
Then when you are, they tell you to do a trigger shot which matures and makes the egg drop. The trigger is taken at night and then the following day, you do not do any injections and the following day you have egg collection.
Its normal to take between 10-15 days from start to collection.
Some people have to down reg 1st so in theory your body thinks its going into menopause.
Hope that helps a tad.
But all protocols are different tho but once the injections start they are normally the same.

So glad you were refered, its such an exciting time.

2have4kids- sorry your feeling crap. That sucks. Rest up and get better.

Minxy I would recommend having the 2ww off as the Least you can do the better x

Hi everyone
Am panicking a bit
Have had cramping since BFP but today have noticed it is more to the left - not severe pain but I am dizzy (have been since the BFP)
I phoned hammersmith just now and they were brilliant and told me to phone for a scan tomorrow and I will be seen tomorrow to see if it is a ectopic
He said it doesn't sound like it because I have nausea, sore breasts no bleeding and pain comes and goes and is not bad pain but I am so scared
Xx

I had a lot of pain ducktales, your baby is just further implanting.
Glad you can have an earlier scan tho x

Thank you
I think I am going to turn up tomorrow at 9 and wait- or would you phone at 9 and see what time they offer?

I'd phone and see what they had because when I was miscarrying they told me to wait until the next day to book a scan. They don't often have space for that day.
But honestly I had pains for weeks after I got my positive this time and if you read up on what happens day to day after transfer, the egg just buries deeper inside and that's what eventually causes the spotting x

Ducktales - I hope it is nothing serious and just cramping like mummy.again said, Good Luck for your scan tomorrow. Let us know what they said. X

mummmy.again - Thanks so much for the info, It definitely helped! I went to the Patients Info Session re: Infertility, its causes and treatments which was really good, it was an hour long in which they explained exactly what you said. The GYN explained how the IVF works, everything in detail with video and diagrams. There were so many people there. It was nice. x

LOOL I just realised all this time I kept saying 'mummy.again' when its 'mummy.wannabe'! Im so blind! lol, wellllllll it can kind of make sense, you are a mummy again :), this time its to 2 and hopefully everything goes perfect for you! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->