waiting for ivf and struggling!

melbram - thanks for the info, appreciate it. I'm on 150 gonal F and this is my 3rd IVF.
I got my E2 levels back from Friday's blood test & they seem normal. Lower than last time I think, hopefully this means a full down reg with buserlin agrees with me more.
Wow, 40 that is a massive amount of follicles!
Sounds like your doing the best thing, chilling out while you can, this is such a frustrating process I hope the time goes quickly for you.

Ducktales - nice scan pic.

Mummy - Sorry to hear the sickness is continuing, I'm sure the babies are fine and just getting nourishment from your reserves whilst your not eating much.

2have4 - what's happening with you? Have I missed anything?

Afm: 2nd IVF scan yesterday, follicles & lining all doing well. If things continue you like this it'll be egg collection Friday. Woo-hoo!
Also, DH did a sperm freeze Friday, and they analised it - the count has gone up 12m!!! from 1.7m, it just shows it varies so much. But for motility there were no excellent and 5% sluggish, the rest non motile :(. Whereas when we had 1.7m, 12% were excellent. I think I prefer the lower count, as motility is more important. They froze 4 viles which was very good. Oh well it shows anything could happen Friday. Was a bit sad Saturday afternoon, DH is showing signs of stress, he has a very short tolerance with others at the moment, had a chat and I'm feeling very positive today, am hoping it lasts. Got a busy 3 days at work so better get on.

Hello everyone

Minxy - glad its all going well, roll on Friday!

Melbram - good to hear from you. I don't blame you for having a break, that's my plan now.

AFM - had a weekend from hell. We went to the Early Pregnancy Centre (EPAC) on Friday. I was expecting to have a blood test and sign a form for the op planned for 7am yesterday. We ended up being there for hours being tested for everything under the sun. It was a horrible place full of miscarrying women, fraught staff and a fairly desperate atmosphere. I was told that if things started over the weekend to call and cancel the op. Came home praying that I would never have to go back there.

I started bleeding Saturday and called Sunday. They asked me to pop in for a scan on Monday. No mention of still having any procedures. So we went yesterday, had the scan and were told the sac was still there. We waited over an hour and were then whisked off to a ward with no explanation as to what was happening. Turns out they decided they still wanted to do the op but as I was later in the day, I had to wait for a gap in the theatre. Eventually went in at 5pm, got out at 8pm and had to stay in hospital. Those of you that have had this 'evacuation' know how grim it is. We've just got home, exhausted. The hospital is about an hour and three quarters away so DP to find a hotel late last night.

I feel like crap. Things can only get better right?! :wacko:

Hello everyone

Minxy - glad its all going well, roll on Friday!

Melbram - good to hear from you. I don't blame you for having a break, that's my plan now.

AFM - had a weekend from hell. We went to the Early Pregnancy Centre (EPAC) on Friday. I was expecting to have a blood test and sign a form for the op planned for 7am yesterday. We ended up being there for hours being tested for everything under the sun. It was a horrible place full of miscarrying women, fraught staff and a fairly desperate atmosphere. I was told that if things started over the weekend to call and cancel the op. Came home praying that I would never have to go back there.

I started bleeding Saturday and called Sunday. They asked me to pop in for a scan on Monday. No mention of still having any procedures. So we went yesterday, had the scan and were told the sac was still there. We waited over an hour and were then whisked off to a ward with no explanation as to what was happening. Turns out they decided they still wanted to do the op but as I was later in the day, I had to wait for a gap in the theatre. Eventually went in at 5pm, got out at 8pm and had to stay in hospital. Those of you that have had this 'evacuation' know how grim it is. We've just got home, exhausted. The hospital is about an hour and three quarters away so DP to find a hotel late last night.

I feel like crap. Things can only get better right?! :wacko:

:hugs:
Pinkie so sorry for your experience, it is hideous whatever but sounds like it was made much worse
Things will get better
Promise
Xxxxxx

Oh pinkie I was really hoping it would happen naturally for you.
Sorry you had to go through all that but hope you can rest and it will get better from now x

Sorry to hear about yor experience Pinkie:hugs:
Have a large glass of wine and a long soak if its allowed

Minxy it all sounds really good so far!
And keeping my fingers crossed Friday is collection for you.
My hubby's count went up a lot on our 2nd go but same motility very poor and it worked for us.
Lots of hope for you.
Its a very stressful time for him too and you seem to be dealing with it well and good to chat rather than leave it.
It makes you a stronger couple x

I am good mummyW I received my letter over the weekend seminar date is on the 13th June and consultant appointment is on the 17th June. And AF just came today which means I should be on just after the appointment:happydance:

Pinky: thinking of u at this rubbish time xxx

Minxy: FX for Friday EC - exciting! X

Bundles: not long now u will soon be at EC stage it all goes so fast once the jabbing begins xxx

Hi ladies, it sounds like things are moving along for everyone. Pinkie I'm sorry you had to go through that, happy for you that it's over and you're only going to feel better everyday now. Sending you more big hugs, time will dull the memory for you of that whole thing.

Minxy that's great about your E levels, I have everything crossed for you, will be checking in on friday to see how things went!!

Bundles, glad to hear you're on your way, the time will fly by now!!

Mummy, I hope the ms goes away soon. I don't want to hear next that you're having early contractions lol, twins are a bundle of fun sometimes. There's a lady at work that had nothing but morning sickness and then nothing but bed rest with early contractions, it's amazing that she got twins but the things we go through for twins seems like double trouble. You'll be fine.

How's everyone else doing? Yearning are you on the pill now? Duck, how's the little duckling? I hope you're not feeling too much ms too ;) Melbram, what are you wrapping yourself up in now that you are laying low?

I went for coffee with a friend and her 2 year old. She's super controlling and doesn't listen to her child so we had a few unnecessary temper tantrums. She told me she was pregnant again but she's worried that it'll be a downs syndrome baby because the nauchal fold was really thick, right on the cusp of abnormal. I always wanted a second child for her because it'll give her first more freedom from her controlling ways. Nice friend I am hey to be so judgmental. I hope for her it's not a downs syndrome baby, she's 42 so I know the chances are higher but really, I'd not wish that upon anybody.

I've been gardening lately and doing my workout classes at work on the noon hours. I find I'm pretty tired in the evenings as this session I chose really tough classes. Feeling buff though but tired. We're supposed to have a picnic out in the Kananaskis mountains tonight and do some rock climbing but it's raining. We'll see if it clears up. Other than that, just doing some BBQ's with friends, plant shopping and saw the latest Star Trek movie in 3D. If I get pregnant with the next IVF I'll be in the best shape of my life. Looking forward to getting going again.

hi everyone,
minxy, I have my fingers crossed for Friday
Pinkie - big hugs, hope you are not in any pain
bundles - great news for the next appointment, it is so soon!
mummy, did you get to speak to someone about your MS? I hope it is decreasing
2have4 - I am very jealous of all your outdoor pursuits and the mountain - that's the life DH and I dream of, it sounds like you will be in the shape of your life!
melbram and yearning - how are you doing?

I had my 1st midwife appointment today, the booking in appointment.
I was there from 9.30-12.30 and tbh it takes an hour to get into work and I finish at 4 so took 3.5 hours off time in lieu as thought it was pointless going in.
It went ok - they could not get their heads round the IVF and kept asking when my last period was and trying to make me give a date.
The midwife didn't know what IVF with ICSI was and didn't know a thing about my husbands (very common in Asians and the majority of the population in my area is Asian) G6PD and I kept stressing that it means if the baby has it they are ALLERGIC to vitamin K and will get jaundice and likely die if that injection is given.
They are making me have consultant led care as it is IVF and this means that I have to give birth on the labour ward and cannot use the birthing centre - water, more relaxed etc which makes me a bit annoyed as I can't see how it is any different to a normal pregnancy ??
They were also annoyed that I didn't bring DH with me, but it is hard for him with work, his boss is being a tosser and the last thing we need is for him to get sacked right now, especially when we can't tell anyone about the pregnancy yet and he has had so much time off for the IVF, plus I spent at least 2 hours waiting around standing in a crowded stuffy waiting room!
I have my scan booked on 18th June at 9.20am when I will be 12 + 4.
On the plus side, my MS isn't so bad today and I am making chocolate flapjacks and am about the devour them!

Thank you everyone for the kind wishes. Good to hear how we're all doing.

Ducktales - urghh the midwife appointment sounds a right nightmare. I think sometimes these places don't realise we've got jobs to go to. Maybe once they see your healthy they'll let you use the birthing centre. Sounds like its going to be a bit of a task to get them to fully understand about the vit K.

Pinkie - I'm so sorry to hear about what happened up the hospital & everything. Hope your feeling better.

2have4 - sounds like your making the most of things, got to be a good thing.

Afm: last scan today. I have 5 full sized follicles & a total of 20 follicles. Will see Friday how many are fully grown, got to be up the clinic for egg collection 8.30. Wooo hoo at last. Can't wait, was so tired last night slept 10.5 hours, feel better this evening. Was still tired at work, feel very full & bloated. Looking forward to Friday to get the eggies out & on their way.

Back from EC, 12 eggs collected. Praying they are good 'uns. Clinic will ring by 2pm tomorrow.

Feeling very sore on left side. Was really woozy afterwards but was so hungry. DH is now making me lunch. Will spend the rest of the day on the sofa watching supernatural & other top telly xx

EC's really vary, last one felt nothing afterwards or the following days. Was some blood this time too. Taking it easy for sure

wow 12 eggs, well done you, fab news
everything crossed for you
xxx

Hey all
Wow minxy that's great.
Ill go back and re read what's been going on in a mo.
Not been well at all x

Mummy - sorry to hear you've been bad. Hopefully when your 12 weeks it will ease off. Really hope your feeling better soon xx

Ducktales what a nightmare and how frustrating that they have no clue what is what!

Minxy congrats on 12 lovely embies x fx for fab report tomorrow xxx

Omg, must have a moan, post egg collection pain is Sooo bad. The first wasn't this bad I don't think, though the next 2 days I was achey, last time 21 eggs and I felt nothing. I wonder what the difference is. Plus a little bleeding this time, not had that before either. Just watched Bridget Jones to cheer myself up. Taking paracetamol and not making much difference. Please god let it work xx

Yeah I was in pain the 2nd time too.

I'm over 14 weeks now and it started to get worse but yesterday I can eat lots so hoping that will carry on.
You having 5 day transfer? Or seeing how it goes. Hope lots fertilise for you.

How is everyone else doing?

Still not read back to older posts but will tonight after work.

image.jpg

I thought I'd be bigger by this point but I haven't been able to eat so maybe now ill start getting bigger as I'm feeling a bit better x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->