waiting for ivf and struggling!

Mummy - I think your bump looks right for 14 weeks. I'm sure you'll balloon in the next month!

Day 5 or 3 transfer is the great debate.
From history my embies grow slowly/stop at d3. So some say a 3 day is best but looking at my sheet from last time the best on d3 didn't make it to 5. A 5 day sounds better. I can't decide there's too many fors & againsts. Cos we've done a lot more in the last 8 months I'd hope we can get to blast. Totally trusting the embryologist on this one. My new clinic has a really good guy who should be ringing me by 2pm & is open to conversation. See what's happened over night & his thoughts.

Feel much better today, though still in bed. Still a bit of blood on the toilet paper. Tmi. Be glad when that stops.

Embryologist had just called....
Out of 12, 11 were icsi'd and 7 fert. Please god be enough.

He's calling me Monday to see if 3 or 5 day transfer. He asked if I wanted a 3 I said I wanted what he thought was best taking into consideration our other poor cycles. I think I want a 3. Am pleased no one will be looking at them tomorrow as there's no point.

Grow embies grow, please x

7 out of 11 is fab, I had 10 eggs, 6 fertilised
I was so so sore after EC and was in bed for quite a few days
How exciting!
Mummy- I think your bump looks perfect for 14 weeks
I'm sorry you are still feeling rubbish
Xxx

Minxy: I had 7 this round too x hope they keep going to blast for u! U have the weekend to relax a little and recover ready for transfer x

Mummy: I think your bump looks great for how far gone you are bigger than I expected x fx uv turned a corner and can start eating well x

Afm off out tonight with the girlies - hopefully my last one for a while! Had a lovely week off with oh this week but eat and drank rubbish x back to being t-total and eating healthier again from Monday in prep for FET ��

Minxy day 5 is best I think because the eggs can chance over night and not be as good as they thought. Hopefully they are all good ones and don't have trouble picking 1 or 2.
Are you allowed 2 transferred?

Melbram glad you've enjoyed yourself.
When roughly would your FET be?

I've felt better for the past 2 days and ate a lot more than i had been, but I think I'm getting tonsillitis.
I'm prown to getting it and everyone has colds at work with it being hot 1 day then freezing the next. My tonsils are all swollen and tight. Not sure if I can take anything.
Hopefully it doesn't turn into tonsillitis.

Hope everyone else is good x
I'm having a bit if trouble with a friend at the mo but ill explain that soon, got to get ready for work x

Ducktales the midwifes should know basic stuff about ivf if not a lot of stuff.
The midwives I've spoke to seemed to know a far bit.
Glad you've done your research tho and they can write in your notes what you have said.

How you feeling? X

Pinkie. How are you feeling now? Xx

Mummy - I agree on the day 5 stuff but as none of ours have made it to blast before I'd be tempted to get them back early. I think we can have 2, def. 2 if day 3. See what embryologist thinks tomorrow. They're not looking today.

And in tmi news: the spotting has continued, we went for lunch at the local garden centre yesterday, so a little walking. I got home & I passed a clot, about the size of a 50p and at least 0.5cm deep, it seemed massive compared to AF ones & gross. I was a little worried so rang up the main clinic mine is closed Saturdays. They said not to worry but if its coming from the womb I may have to cancel transfer. I don't think it is coming from the womb. I stayed in bed all afternoon but there was still spotting on the toilet paper & a small slimey bit too. By 9.30 I was still a bit concerned, tweeted about it got no replies - a bit concerned now. so called the on call doctor. Apparently it's normal & I'm not to worry. There's still spotting this am. Will barely move today. It's just the blood looks fresh/must be fresh to keep coming. Luckily it's only on the toilet paper but I'm such a worrier over this stuff.

I think all spotting is normal after collection.
Your ovaries have had a rough time, being forced so they need time to recover.
Just rest as much as possible and drink at least 2 litres of water a day.
That helps with eventing x

Mummy: sorry to hear u may have tonsillitis - iv had mine removed now I used to suffer terribly x I think FET will be July/aug time x I'm not sure on timing of meds etc

Minxy: hope your spotting stops I'm sure it's nothing out of the ordinary x

Good news! The spotting stopped at 3pm. Few. I knew I didn't like blood but I swear its made me queasy since EC, fine with AF but wound bleeding oh dear I am wuss.
Have been very restless today waiting to hear on the embies tomorrow.

Hope everyone else is well x

I don't think I've got tonsillitis this time, they are both just massive and keeping me up with the coughing.
Feel so tired and rough tho at work.

Minxy glad the bleeding has spotted so that good and nothing to worry about now.
Look forward to hearing about your embies.

I have my diabetes test weds morning! Yay everyone says its horrible what you have to drink but never mind, got no choice.

Mummy - you'll be fine, you've been through much worse. Hope you haven't got it.

Afm: having a day 3 transfer in 45 minutes. This morning I have 2 = 6 cells, 1= 5 cell and 4 which are 2-4 cells each. Having the two 6 cells put back, they will grow the rest & if they get to blast they will freeze them. Bearing in mind history & numbers I think this is the best course of action.

By 12.30 one of my 6 cells had made it to 8. So done the best we can then.

I'm off work the rest of this week & working from home 3.5 days next week. As can log into work on a laptop, I will be taking it easy! Which gives me only 3 days to work before test date, ill ensure I take care of myself.

Am very excited, I think is our best round yet, will taking care of those embies to makesure they hang on. Xx

I've got positive thoughts for you and this will be your 3rd time lucky!!
Take care of yourself and rest and still loads and loads of water x

Hiii Ladies - How are you all?

Iv been so busy so havent had the chance to check up on B&B. Iv got soo much catching upto do!

Minxy - OMG Im soooo excited for you!!! Best of Luck! hopefully its all good news. Like the others have said, take it easy and rest loads! Wishing you the best! xx

mummy.wannabe - Lovely pics of your bump! Im so excited for you. I hope everything goes super smooooth for you. Hope your feeling well now. xx

My situation: I have the pills which I have to take for 28 days thereafter the scan and then all the injection stuff. I havent started the tablets yet and intend to start in beginning of July. Im just so worried about one thing, which is my transfer stuff might be end of August according to my calculations and the only problem is my brother is getting married end of August and I just dont know how Im going to manage. Iv kept my IVF a secret from family other than my mum and sister.

Minxy that reminds me.. Can I ask how long did you take the pills? and how long was it from taking the pills to the embroy transfer?

If you have the pills why can't you start taking them now?
Ask the doctors and see what they say.
Say you haven't told any family members yet and about the wedding x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back