waiting for ivf and struggling!

Hi guys,

well today I am 8dp3dt, urinary infection has all gone. Cramping started Friday afternoon, loads Sat & Sun. Not much yesterday but a few strong ones in the evening, had some more strong ones this morning, eased off now. One was so strong I swear AF was about to start but so far so good. I so hope its implantation of 2 embies, positivity up & down but want to be positive.

Went back to work yesterday working from home (WFH), within an hour I got all stressed out and everything was manic, and I just thought no I need this time as holiday as I think it will maximise my chances. So I e-mailed my boss, spoke to him, spoke to my project manager and the company won't fall down if I take 3.5 days holiday (the last of this year's AL). I apologised for messing them around, blah blah but everyone was lovely & said take the time I need. I was greedy I thought I could WFH, save my holiday and still be chilled but because we're so busy that won't happen.
Off until Friday now, one day before the weekend is ok and Tuesday is test day anyway.

Looking back at my notes from the last 2 times, I need to get past Thursday & Friday to have made it further than b4.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well aside from irritating questions & irritating people! x

You should have gone to the doctors and got 2 weeks off sick so you didn't use your holiday.
Trust me you will need days off the rest of the year, its hard going carrying too x

My holiday year starts again 1st July. I did think about it but the company give 6 days fertility leave per holiday year & my boss has been nice so I didn't want to take the piss getting signed off. We get a good holiday package but they are funny on sick days. Plus i thought better to use holiday now & get signed off in future when holiday is tight.

I'm really torn again on early testing, I think if I can get through Thursday & Friday, I might test Sat or Sunday. I'm not ready to see a negative even a false one yet as I think I might lose my positive thoughts & conviction that these are imp pains. It's all a dilemma!

That's fine if your determined to wait. I thought you said you were testing early.
I waited until 10 days past a 5 day transfer so if you wait until Friday you should get a strong result.
Also get a digital clear blue as it saves al the is that a line or not.
For the twins mine came up as 2-3 weeks rather than 1-2 weeks because it was obviously stronger x

Mummy: how exciting ordering all the baby furniture etc - fab that you can pay on it like that too :)

Minxy: half way there now - eek everything crossed for you. Glad your employer was supportive and you have the extra time to relax. If it didnt work you would always blame yourself for doing things too soon.

afm: had consultation re: FET today. I will be doing medicated FET because period are all over the place which I was expecting but didnt realise how much it would entail. When next AF arrives I ring the centre and then start the Buserelin (DR) injection on day 23 just like a usual IVF cycle. I also have to take oral tablets to help womb lining and take pessaries I think for 2 weeks before transfer and then for 12 weeks after if I get a BFP - I hate pessaries but I guess if it works then its all worth it and I dont think I would enjoy the injections like you had mummy it looked so painful. working out timing I think it will be end of July before i start meds and end of August for transfer.

Mummy - you're right, I was determined to test early I'm just starting to wuss out now it's getting closer. Once I've beaten my previous attempts I'll probably test. OTD is Tuesday so would like to know before going back to work next week. Think I have a digi have loads from the days my periods got longer each month, so each month thought I was pg.

Made it though another day!

Melbram - sorry FET is such a faff. Do you use cyclogest or crinone? Having done both I'd much rather pop the cyclogest up my bottom than deal with the crinone gunk.

Hi all:flower:
Minxychick you are doing so well just a coupe more days till the weekend

Mummywannabe It's so exciting buying the baby furniture:happydance: . If you are thinking about personalised things I saw a tutorial last night on YouTube how to make baby blankets they were so cute.

Afm seminar is on Thursday and consultant appointment is on Monday I can't believe it's actually here now. Mummywannabe your friend who is also at bourne hall is she gong through the nhs ? I want to know if I am going to be weighed at the seminar or if its at the consultant appointment need to dress appropriately:haha:

Melbram I didn't know what was involved in an FET, thought you have to take some meds but not as much as you said. It will soon be here. We're nearing the end of June.

Yes bundles my friend is going through Bourne as Nhs.
She's tiny though.
I wasn't weighed at any point from the seminar, just all the points before.
Its all getting on now isn't in.

My friend she was meant to be on tomorrow's seminar but her hubby managed to get them on the previous one as a cancelation.

She wasn't weighed at the seminar
But had a consultant appontment 2 weeks after where she was and had her height.
Also they took a photo of her and hubby for admin purposes she thinks.

She got her meds by courier through Bourne.

I got mine at the day of the seminar, it saves you going back again.
But that all do it differently.

Hope that helps x

Thanks mummywannabe for getting the info for me:hugs: big help. Aw:dohh:I did not know you could get an earlier seminar on cancellation but I suppose she still had to wait two weeks for the appointment were mine is two days after. I better make myself look decent for the pic:haha: thanks again for asking her

Hi Everyone

Hope you are all ok. Minxy, how are you doing?

It will be 3 weeks on Monday since I had the operation, 3 weeks tomorrow since I started bleeding. So I assumed AF would arrive anytime next week. I did a pregnancy test this morning and its positive. Is this a result of HCG still leaving my system? We did start BDing the week after the op (mostly because I missed it rather than out of any hope for a natural pregnancy!). I feel like my body is playing tricks on me. But it would be too early for a pregnancy to show anyhow right?

Hi pinkie
Hope you are doing ok
I tested strong positive for quite a few weeks after - however I still had 'products of conception' inside which after about a month passed.
It is hard to tell as it could just as easily be a new BFP but if it is super strong then it might be that

Minxy- how are you?
Bundles- how was the seminar?
Mummy- how are feeling, any better?
Yearning - are you ok?
I think I might have missed people off but hope everyone is ok

I am fine, family wedding at the moment am super busy and very tired
Xxx

Hi mummywannabe and Ducktales it went really yesterday had a presentation on ivf procedure.
Can't wait till Monday now I was looking at the paperwork and treatment can start on day 21 or day 2, my day 21 is actually on that Monday but I doubt I can start that soon so will probably be day 2

Pinkie I agree with Ducktales was the lines very strong?

Hi everyone it's nearly the weekend:happydance:

Bundles - great to hear things are kicking off at last.

Pinkie - I'm sorry to hear your confusion, never had mc or bfp so can't offer any advice but I feel for you going through this.

Ducktales - bet you'l be glad when this wedding is over!

Mummy & 2have - hope you guys are ok.

Well....4 sleeps to test day. Made it nearly 6 hours further than my last to attempts. Was very naughty & took a test yesterday but was negative. I shouldn't have as hcg wont start showing until today officially. Had so many cramps I went mad. First day back at work & all ok, no cramps either. Hoping I just tested too early. Some people get an early BFP but not me. The cramps were so confusing somedays bad others none at all. So glad it's Friday & can spend weekend with DH. Been the longest fortnight of my life.
Keeping positive as there's no blood & clinic did say do not test before Tuesday!!!

Xxx

Bundles glad it went well and you'll be starting soon.
My friend had to do her injections in the evening so they might get you go start on Monday but mostly likely to be on day 2.

Pinkie ohh I'm not sure, after my mc I didn't test and wouldn't have wanted to either.
Like everyone else said were the lines dark?
I would carry on testing anyway just you find out 1 way or the other.
How good would that be eh?
Please let us know.

Ducktales is this your SIls wedding?
What do you have to do?
My SIL is getting married on 16th August and really looking forward to it and buying a dress ha x

Minxy you've done well but don't get discouraged because it was a negative, on my 1st time I tested early as read all these other ladies getting a positive early, I was due to test on the sat, so Tuesday I tested negative. Left it until Thursday still negative, Friday negative and I was really upset, tested on the Saturday and it was positive.
I couldn't believe it.
That's why I waited this time around, it wasn't worth it.
I had bad cramping with both cycles to the point I thought it was af as I get shooting pains up my hoooharr.
Got my fingers fully crossed for you!!! Can't wait to hear the good news!

Hope everyone else is good.
Bought some early baby clothes today so that will last them a few weeks if they are smallish up to 6lbs but they still look fairly big for early baby.
I had a nap and missed the postman so I think my knitted baby hats have arrived, going to pick them to up.
Hubby away for another stag do so I'm working all weekend and will just relax in the evening and just hope I can sleep without him x

Ducktales - hope the wedding goes well and you have a fab time. I'm into all things wedding at the mo so any hints/tips or anything quirky, let me know!

Bundles - glad its all going well, not long now! Hope this is the cycle for you x

Minxy - I'm not sure about early testing as I managed to hold off both times, for that reason. I'm sure its too early yet, keep positive. Really hope this cycle brings you your BFP.

Mummy - glad you are enjoying your baby shopping, it must be really tempting when you have two lots of everything to get!

Thanks for the words of advice everyone. DP and I have decided the best thing to do is test it out. The weird thing was I got up this morning and went to the loo when DP went to work. I then went back to bed for an hour and dreamt that I did a test and it was positive. That's what made me do a test, so it was on my second loo visit of the day (therefore not the strongest as far as hormones go). The lines weren't dark (as they were when I was pregnant) but they weren't faint either, somewhere in-between. I think I'll test every day for a week (or until AF arrives). If they get lighter then I know its just left over hormones, if they get darker then I'll get checked out. DP and I have decided to keep quiet about it until we are sure its a negative otherwise MiL will get her hopes up!

Its cruel how our bodies play these tricks on us :dohh:

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"