waiting for ivf and struggling!

Minxy
I think what you said about other people who have children quickly must have other struggles.
That relates to a friend of mine. She fell pregnant the 1st time she tried with her 1st and 2nd. Tho she isn't married and is dieing to be, has had bad luck with selling a flat, rented a house, was told she had to move out after 6 months as they wanted to sell. Then moved to a tiny tiny house, fell for the 2nd child and has no room what so ever.
She said she feels very depressed that she's not in her forever house and depresses her about lack of space with 2 children running around.
I could say a few things about people that fall quickly, they will be jealous of other people's situation too.
You just have to think about what you have got 1st.
We waited a long time for the right house to come up.
We're lucky enough to be able to rent out our old flat.
Have the house and massive garden we always wanted. Things are done up how we wanted.
So I know we struggled for a long time to conceive but we have all the things in place that we wanted before we had children so when the children arrive, everything will be perfect!!

It's been too humid today to work!
But got a good few weeks with quite a few days off.
Then my scan on 9th July! Can't wait x

Minxy hope you can put your mind to other things when your waiting for the test results x

Hey yeah it is quite here
How is everyone:hi::hi:

I am waiting till Saturday for our injection class.
Then got a 30th bday party will be the last time I drink I think as start injections on the 15th do you think that will be ok? When did you stop drinking mummywannabe

A couple days to your scan now mummyW :happydance: have you been feeling them more?

Injection class eh
Do you do it with loads of other couples or just the nurse?
The nurse just showed my hubby.

My scan is Tuesday so a few days away and hubby is booking a 4d scan and he will just tell me on the day. I think he might do it on my birthday. It's needs to be done soon before they start getting squashed in there.
I've been having a few other movements but not felt any kicks yet.
I just read in my maternity notes that I have 1 anterior and 1 posterior placenta so I would feel 1 sooner than the other.
The baby on my left hand side is always in the same place. We can always pick up the heart beat really quickly and baby on my right is always all over the place, you can hear the kicks and rolling around but always harder to hear the heartbeat, so I'm still not sure which baby has which placenta. So I will ask on Tuesday, but I have only felt movements with the right baby and that's the harder to hear.

I think you should be fine and allow yourself to drink and enjoy yourself before you start injections x

Hey
Hope everyone is ok?

And nice and brown from the gorgeous weekend we just had..

Had my class over the weekend so injections start next week Monday.

How was everyone's weekend?

Hey
glad the class went well. Are you getting nervous? Excited?
Did you say your hubby was doing to do yours?

My friend who went to Bourne tested on sat and it didn't work. She's gutted as we all have been/ would be. She's only got to wait 2 months to start again tho as she has low egg reserve.the only good thing is that they know how you respond and can't up the dosage if needed. She only got 3 eggs but with high fsh and low egg reserve they prepare you for not many. I don't actually know what fsh is actually! Oops

I have my 20week scan tomorrow!!! At 19+5.
I can't wait, the twinkies would have changed so much since we saw them last 8 weeks ago.
We get a long slot again and meet the twin midwife and consultant x

Hey yes dh will be doing it. I am actually a bit of both really excited its finally here but so nervous about the outcome.

Oh that's such a shame about your friend, how many eggs did they put back in for her? Will she do the same process again or will they change it for her.

Fsh is Follicle-stimulating hormone stimulates the growth and recruitment of immature ovarian follicles in the ovary. Wiki

Yes they really will have grown, have ou decided on if you are going to find out the sex? Can it be determined at this scan. Have you decided on names?

It was a shame, she's 36 and her mum went into menopause at 39.
She only had 2 that fertilised and she was allowed them both back because of her age.
I think they will do the same protocol but higher dose even tho she was on a very high dose to start with.
What are you doing?
Gonal?

So she naturally doesn't have that hormone for her eggs?

We aren't finding out the sexes. We will say that and hopefully not see anything but if we do see something we can only assume what it is.
Hubby booking a 4d scan too in the next few weeks.
Ill put up scan pictures tomorrow.

We only have 1 girls name we like at the mo, not got anymore x

Hi ladies:wave:
Mummy, that's very exciting about your scans. I don't think we'd want to find out the sexes either. We both have decided we like surprises.
Bundles, how did the first shots go? You make out alright? I didn't find ours difficult at all, OH only did them a few times when I was exhausted and didn't feel like putting out the effort.
Melbram, did your AF arrive? Can't wait to hear about your FET progress!
Yearning & Pinkie are you two feeling any better?
Ducktales, how about you & baby, all good?
Minxy, how did Saturday's session go?

We were hit with massive flooding 3 weeks ago and City Hall won't be up and running probably until August. I was volunteering at Leisure centres working night shifts feeding & taking care of the evacuees. I'm off as of now collecting 90% pay, thank goodness, I really needed a break. Was praying (even tho I'm athiest haha) for a mat leave soon but I'll take this too.
The Calgary Stampede has started and there's a party mood in the city, I'm sure people are drinking to forget the latest devistation (75,000 people evacuated in Calgary alone and at least half a billion in damages). Hopefully people don't rebuild on the flood-plain.

Just been working out trying to lose the last 20 lbs. I've got my BMI within the healthy range and am feeling great going into IVF#2 in Sept, Should be able to hit my goal by then. I've donated many of my clothes and got lots altered, now a size 10/12 from 14/16. My goal is to get to BMI 20-21 so that i can get pregnant, gain 30 lbs possibly without even getting into the overweight category again. Just tired of feeling crap and don't want to go back there anytime soon!
We were asked to host my OH's company summer BBQ last weekend, it went off beautifully. They provided catering, liquor & maid services, we just provided the deck & yard (and the big kids had fun on the trampoline too). Now I'm just trying to plow through some paperwork to get healthcare reimbursements for the first IVF. Vacation comes in a few weeks here.
Pretty much biding time and checking in on you ladies once in a while. I don't always have anything to contribute and sometimes just feel sad about it all but I am thinking loads about you all. Wishing you :dust: as always.:flower:

Hey
2have4kids that's a great shame about the flooding.
I take it, that your house is fine?
Your doing a good thing buy volunteering.
You are doing well with the weight again, bet you feel great! Wish I was a 10/12.
I've put on a stone in 8 weeks now and is slowly creeping up each week. I'm still not as big as I thought I would be. My bump Is getting wider and you can see a flat bit were by belly button is as I have no baby there.
Can't wait for my scan.

The BBQ sounds great if they provide everything and staff etc I wouldn't mind doing that.
Hope you enjoyed it and could relax even though it was at yours.

September will be here in no time. The time is flying by.

How's everyone else doing? Xxx

Hi guys,

Sorry I've been awol, its been a bit busy here. Didn't get our counseling session the other week, she should be coming to our house this Saturday - result!
Been doing ok but really our heads are so full of donor/adoption/tests etc etc.
Also, we've been through this redundancy thing at work and today I found out I'm safe. Am so relieved, I just couldn't face trying to find another whilst doing all this, need to concentrate on us. Will find out tomorrow which of my co-workers are affected. I think the lady I sit next to who makes funny comments to me might be leaving - feel shocked/sorry for her but honestly I feel like when there's 2 cats, one's mean to the other, the mean cat dies and suddenly the other is really relaxed. I think I could be that cat! (as long as I don't become over worked).
Weather has been brilliant here, went to Cromer and Southwold at the weekend, and took my god daughter to the beach. So glad the stress of redundancy has passed, now can concentrate on treatment/prep etc. Think we'll watch a film tonight I need to rest my head, was up from 4.30am!

2have4 - the flooding sounds awful. Good on you to help everyone out, hope you can get some time for you now x

Mummy - can't wait to see piccies :)

Bundle - not long to go! Exciting times

image.jpg this is baby a. The posing 1. They have both heads on my left hand side so both sets of feet and legs on my right so explains why I've been feeling flutters and kicks only on the right.

It's too hot here at the mo, but perfect whilst your off work.
So glad you didn't get made redundant that would have been awful and stressful.

Scan went well, both babies are growing great.
Didn't get great pictures as 1 would co operate but never mind it was lovely to see them x

image.jpg
This is baby b and a picture of both their heads together x

Hopefully her good pictures at our 4d scan x

Lovely pics Mummy!
Minxy I'm so glad to hear that your job is safe. I remember you mentioned that cat previously, good riddance.
I'm off to call the clinic for some duplicate receipts that I have misplaced :shrug::coffee:

Hi Mummy, yes, I paid out of pocket for the drugs even though they could have done it electronically with my health provider. This way I get the airmiles on my credit card. I just have to start getting more organised with my receipts and claim things right away. The credit card is paid off and the points are waiting for me to use on a flight, I just need the money back from health care now.

Well hope it money comes through soon because sometimes they are very slow is giving it back x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->