waiting for ivf and struggling!

2 have 4- can't believe about your car! What did the police say? I take it you have another car between you?
Hope the insurance pay out what it's worth so you can get another 1.

Ducktales get that bump picture up.
Sorry hubby isn't sold on Norwich but you did say maybe you'd go else where but away from London.

Our fire alarm went off at 1am and scared the life out of both of us.
I ran and got dressed and was going to find the cats incase I needed to get them and put them in the car. All was fine but we couldn't sleep after that. It was weird why it went off.
When we had all the electrics done we had the best ones put in.

3 more days left of work and then a week off, can't wait!!
Not got any plans as hubby couldn't take it off, so going to chill out as much as possible with maybe a few lunches x

Well Mummy I was feeling pretty chilled about his stolen car until I realised my cell phone was in the car. Now I'm so irritated. You're right, we do have my car between us. I'll let him take it to work (now that I'm working from home this summer) until he gets a replacement. He's is on vacation now in vancouver with his brother and nephews hiking. Insurance will compensate him for book value of the car. We'll probably wait till we get back to Florida to pick another one. He also had a new stereo, drycleaning, a pair of shoes and some other things in there. Those littler things are what's irritating abou tit.

I'm feeling a bit negative and drained today. Sorry for venting. I posted on a friend's fb about our car getting stolen and he 'liked' it. What a terrible, insensitive response. Whatever, I'm used to disappointment this year. I hope everyone is doing OK and mummy, enjoy your week off. Put your feet up and relax lady!

Don't worry about venting. If that's how your feeling its fine. You'll get like that from time to time.
I'd be annoyed about my phone and other little bits too. I keep a lot in my car.
That was insensitive about your friend, hopefully he didn't know what to say.

I've got 2 more days at work and then off for a week and can't wait!!!
Got a wedding sat and as its all day I'm going to be so tired. Ill be desperate to put my feet up. My feet are really bad at the mo in this heat x

Yes that was insensitive
This heat is awful with no air conditioning isn't it
My bump pic is on my journal. Not very big yet but feel like I have popped this morning
Xx

Cute little bump. It will just pop out 1 day.
Did you tell work yet? X

My feet and ankles went very swollen today and are covered in a red rash.
I've got 3 more lots of 6 days to do in August and I don't think I'll be able to do it.
This week has been way too much for me.
I'm sat with my feet and legs in a massive bucket of freezing cold water.
Hubby has been doing the dinners all week so I can put my feet up.
Gave yoga a miss tonight x

Hi everyone,

Ducktales - Happy belated birthday :flower:. Will have a look at your pic in a mo, having a sneaky look on here before everyone gets to the office.
Mummy - Sorry to hear you're so hot, I'm no fan of the heat either, I don't think Norfolk has got quite as hot as everywhere else yet, I'm normally insufferable when it gets to 28, hope your enjoying your days off.:kiss:
2Have4 - sorry to hear about the car, urghhh! Sounds like you're working round it. Its awful all this waiting but you've got some good things planned for the summer so I hope you're able to enjoy them.:kiss:
Bundles - how long will you need to take buserlin for? How's it going?:hugs:
Pinkie - Not long to the wedding, so exciting. Its horrible waiting, hopefully the time will go quickly.:hugs:

AFM: We had a good session with the councillor at the weekend & last week DH told me to book the Donor Conception Weekend thing in October which is for people about to do donor to meet others, meet people who've done it & watch videos made by donor kids about being donor conceived.
We're still really torn about what to do, the councillor suggested I speak to the lead embryologist for their opinion, I did that yesterday, they looked back at our file, the up shot is:
We've basically had 3 very similar cycles which is rare, because they are so similar and because I produce a very high amount of mature eggs and the above average fert rate this all points to good egg quality but because of all this and that they can't get passed day 3 it's the sperm for definite. We would be ideal candidates for IMSI basically it was invesnted for people like us (I knew it! and those Drs wouldn't listen cos we were NHS). Our scenario is very rare, but because our embies have been so bad it's likely IMSI won't work either, we're looking at 5% sucess rate. We should also do EVA (which I also wanted). If we go donor we'd be looking in 40%+ sucess.
This is all stuff we knew but so nice to speak to someone so informed & willing to give an opinion. Our follow up is in a fortnight so we can speak to the Dr too.
Even at 5% sucess I'm still thinking I'll do another round with DH's sperm, its just I've wanted IMSI since about November when I heard of it & thought it was amazing. I just think I'll regret not doing it but then 5% is such a low sucess rate. What to do????? We'd probably do treatment Oct/Nov, as we want to have a holiday in September. If that doesn't work donor Feb/March? I hate waiting so long but really want another shot with DH.
What do you guys think? Please be brutally honest:flower: Also, if we do donor in March when I'm 34, I'll be almost 35 before having a family, I still can't believe how long I've waited for this....plus if I don't get twinnies I may only have one child.
Thanks for listening xx

I'm glad you got to speak to someone who knew what they were talking about.

I think I'd do 1 more try with hubby sperm before trying donor and then at least you know you've given it your best shot to use his 1st.
Don't think about your age. Just keep going and concentrate on that x

I finish work early today as I'd just had enough. Got 8 days off now x

What's a fortnight?

You are only as old as you think you are lol. I would definitely go for Icsi (I'm assuming it's the IMSI same thing you're speaking about) and EVA(not quite sure what that is). You're right, they should have given you the whole package. Try again and then do donour eggs. You and I will likely be on the same schedule here with it all. We're doing the last ivf in Sept and then donor eggs and my guess is it'll take that long for us too. I'll be 38 and then 39 when i conceive if it all goes smoothly. I'll be putting 2-3 back for sure.
Glad to hear you got counselling.
Mummy & Duck don't they sell those cheapie room a/c things that vent out the bathroom extractor fan or out the window over there? I have one here and on the 30 degree C + days I use it, it's a blessing. They normally sell for $500 over here. I was looking for specific tiles one day and after being sent to 4 stores, 2 hours later and still the 4th store had no tiles. I spoke to the store manager and said I was pissed for getting the run around. He said what can I do to make this better. I saw the A/C unit and said I want that thing over there for $150. He sold it to me on the spot for $150. I was pretty shocked, at him, at me, at everything. Then they found the tiiles and the NW store too so I lucked out. It sits on the hot tub cover in our bedroom with the air tube connected to the ceiling extractor fan all summer long. This is what you pregnant ladies need!

They don't sell those units you stick on the outside of your windows over here. We have air con units you plug inside but I'm not paying the money for 1 when we don't have the heat for long, 2 months max normally.
We have a few fans.

It's good that you 2 will be starting your cycles at roughly the same time! And hopefully no need for donors for either of you x

2have4 a fortnight is 2 weeks
Minxy, firstly, I really wouldn't worry about your age, you are still young. All of my friends had their first baby at the age of 35+ - 2 of them were 41 yrs old. I agree the younger the better but I really don't think 34 or 35 is a problem AT ALL.
I would go with your gut - do one more with DH sperm, or you will always think what if.
I will keep everything crossed for you

Mummy - I hope you are feeling better - we have a lovely breeze here tonight hope you do too.

Hi to bundles - how is it all going
Pinkie and Yearning - how are you?

AFM I was awake last night with severe leg cramps which have really bruised my calf muscle so didn't sleep after 3am and am ready for bed now!

Yes we do indeed have a breeze tonighy, still got the fan on tho x
Hope the weekend is cooler x

Hi Minxychick I have been given rough dates so I take the buserelin at 0.5ml till AF starts then I take the buserelin at 0.2ml with gonal f until week beginning 12 August
Dh is giving the shots, I have found that they really sting for about 30 mins after the shot but apart from that it fine.
How are you?

How was the wedding mummyW lovely weather for it was not as hot as during the week.

The weather was a lot cooler, thank goodness. It was a very nice day. Very informal and relaxing.
Started my week off and it was so hot yesterday. Then I've been up all night because of the thunder storm and rain.
It's my birthday today and hubby took the day off to surprise me.
We going out for lunch later and it's my cousins 40th too and she's having a surprise party.

Hubby felt the babies kicking for the 1st time on Saturday morning and a few more last night.
We bought the pram as it was in the sale.
Just got the car seats and bases and nursery bedding to get now and that's the important stuff all got.
15 & 1/2 weeks max to go x

Mummy happy birthday. Wow, to have the oh feel kicks - cherish these moments!
How is everyone else?
Bundles, when's your first u/s?
Melbram you must be going through your fet by now!
Pinky & Yearning how's everything?

I was called by the clinic to to my last ivf starting this cycle. I had to decline as the dates conflict with our holidays Jul31-Aug10 and then Sept long weekend would be the transfer and we're booked into a B&B in Jasper National Park. I'm sad but oh well, we're set up for Aug now. Going to pick up all the drugs today. I don't have much hope for it. I expect it will be another one where my eggs don't grow. But i'll be very happy to be suprised if things work out.

Thank you.
It's a shame you had to put it back a bit more but you have yor holiday to look forward to and then you can get started. Don't give yourself a hard time, it could work better this time round. Have they upped your dosage?

How's everyone doing and getting on? X

happy birthday to you mummy
exciting that DH felt the baby move and that you bought loads of bits and pieces
It is TOO hot - the air con at work doesn't work and it is so annoying
2have4, sorry you had to put the dates back - be positive, I have everything crossed for you
bundles, im glad the injections are not so bad for you and it will soon be onto the next stage

hi minxy, melbram, yearning, pinkie, how are you ?

Im fine, not much to report, feeling better each day and only sick in the evenings when I am tired and hot, am tired a lot though
xxx

Sorry to hear its so hot Ducktales! I hope you find relief soon!
Minxy, what's up with you?
Mummy, they can't up my dose any more, I'm at the absolute max possible. They will, however, not suppress me first with the pill. They have estrogen patches for me as well as injections-a lesser evil from what I've read.
The only thing bad is that we have the criminal trail with that stalker tenant of ours on Sept 9 and since she targeted me, I will be the Crown Prosecutor's main witness. I know stress is the number 1 factor with fertility not working so I'm going to try extra hard to keep cool and make sure I feel happy and calm. I do feel very confident that things will go well with that but it's still a sore/scary point in our lives for sure.

I see 2have4kids. At least they can try something different and hope you react better.
Stalker tenant? I missed that.
God what happened? You need to keep as relaxed as you can. Can you not explain your situation and do your interview in private.

Duck tales it's horrible working in the heat.
Glad the sickness is subsiding. I feel like mine has started to come back. I think I might have one kicking my stomach x

Happy birthday mummyW:flower::hugs:
Aw it must have been such an amazing experience for you and dh feeling the babies move.

2have4kids I don't know when u/s will be I am waiting for AF so I can start gonal f I think it will be a week or so after that but I don't know. AF was suppose to start today but so far no show:nope:
Try not to get to stressed about your crazy ex- tenant.
Shame about the dates but you can start feeling nice and relaxed from you hols

Thanks Ducktales I know luckily I have not had any side effects about from jus had today's injection and dh saw some bruising but I can live with that.

Hi everyone else hope you are all ok

Yes it is amazing. I can't wait to hear all you lovely ladies saying about it when you get to experience it.
When af due?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->