waiting for ivf and struggling!

Hi everyone

2have4kids they are very cute go for it.
Minxychick good luck with your follow up on Friday
Ducktales yes definitely make sure you are fully better before you go back, you need to rest up:coffee:

Final questions compiled, reviewed with DH & printed off!

Plus dropped a further seed on donor...(didn't even mean that to be a play on words ish)

Ha minxy bless you.

How is everyone?
I had a weekend away for my SILs hen weekend and it was nice but very tiring.
Trying to catch up on it and not succeeding.
Had my 24 week scan today and all is well. Both babies are growing well and measuring 4 days a head. they hsve moved back to being transerve. No pictures but have my 4d rescan on Thursday so with the babies moving hopefully this goes better x

Hi mummyW ah that's good fingers crossed you get good pic on thurs

I had my baseline scan today, I have 21 follicles on one ovary and 14 on the other. The only thing is they have not matured as much as they should have. Will be going back on thurs to see if they have matured fingers crossed they have

Hi Mummy - glad to hear all is going well. Hope you can have a bit of a chill out week to catch up.

Bundles - How many days have you been stimming? They can stim you a bit longer until they catch up. Sounds like you've got some good numbers there.

AFM: ok, so Friday was the follow up. Well...the first thing the Dr said was he was going to be honest with us, which he was but he wouldn't actually say what we should do.
Basically our options are as I discussed with the embryologist that we either do IMSI at 5% success rate or donor at 40%. He doesn't think donor eggs are needed just donor sperm. He suggest DH have a chromosome test and a Y deletion test. If these come back positive it would mean our infertility would be hereditary so straight to donor (who would want to pass this onto their son, no issue if we have a daughter). Bit concerned that if these come back positive of what the psychological affect might be on DH. If they come back clear then we have a decision to make. I then went through my massive list of other possible tests all of which he pooh pooh'd, though DNA frag might be worth a shot. Despite him disagreeing about that & IMSI after fail 2. I'm sure there's some sort of NHS guideline they have to follow to discourage people pursuing anything off their own backs separately.
The blood tests take 3 weeks to come back & then the Dr is on holiday, so appointment booked 11 September.
After being really brave about the whole thing I was really upset Friday night and a lot of the weekend, I'm just not sure I can do it all again for 5% knowing I'm really signing up for a fifth or more cycles. I've not said this outright to DH but near enough, I've left it by saying the decision is his and he says he's going to wait until the blood test comes back. Of course I will say more nearer the time but to rest my brain, I've left it with DH also this is a big decision for him, its easier for me. Interestingly the few people I've spoken to think donor!
In the meantime...we made contact with an American Dr who was interested in our case last November, I'm going to send him our file and see what his thoughts are.

I have been stimming for 7 days today.

It's really hard to know what to do, but it has to be a decision you are both totally 100% in agreement with. Has your dh been talking about his feelings on it?

Hi ladies, How's everyone?
Minxy, I think you've done the right thing resting the decision with dh and letting the blood test results come back. I'm actually shocked they didn't do genetic testing earlier, when I m/c'd in Nov they ordered tests for both of us. You've been through so much that one would expect they'd have done this by now. I think donor will work for you guys, I agree with you, who'd want to pass on infertility (which has helped me wrap my head around our decision to do donor after our second IVF in sept.
Bundles, I really hope they start maturing. Nothing like getting so excited and going through all of this to find they didn't grow. I hope you have better results than myself!!!
Mummy, glad you had a good time at your hen weekend. Can't wait to see 4D images! Although, what if it blows the gender surprise?
Ducktales are you feeling better yet? My sinus infection went away at the beginning of the week thankfully.
Yearning,pinky, melbram how are you ladies? Melbram I need an update!! Aren't you through your FET by now? What's going on lady?? Hi to anyone else I missed.

I'm sitting on my balcony writing you with palm trees & ocean vista in front of me. It's been hot in Florida this week but with late afternoon tropical showers to cool things off. So far we've done Disneyland, Everglades, Cape Canaveral and lots of surfing & shopping. The latter are the essentials of a great vacation in my eyes :)
I received the baby bedding that I ordered-it's absolutely gorgeous, can't wait to wrap some beautiful babies in the soft bright blankets now!
Picked up some new shoes, tops, skinny jeans (for the first time in my life I can say they really look good on me now and they fit like a glove too). I always used to scoff at jeans that showed off curves, it feels good to be able to love my body and show off my curves. i bought my first size 10 capris last night, have to be careful how much money I'm spending, this could get dangerously fun :-D Very happy in the moment but ready to move onto some very serious baby making efforts in the small portion left of 2013.
I hope we all get our babies on the go before Christmas :dust:

Hey had my scan today my follicles have grown:happydance:

2have4kids it sounds lovely!!!

How did the scan go today mummyW

Ducktales - How you feeling now? Has your sickness gone? One of my work place is so annoying when I take days off too but take good rest because right now YOU are important. xx

Minxy - How are you? I hope you well, I wish all the best in what ever route you take! xx

mummy - Heeyy not long left before you finish work, you've got 1 more week of work right? Lucky u! Well you make the most of ur rest and enjoy! xx

2have4kids - Sounds like you had a great time on your holiday! Lucky youu! I like your taste in the baby sheets! When I buy baby bed covers/sheets I think I would go for something thats unisex like multicolor. I noticed you guys call it 'crib' we call it 'Cot'. xx

Bundles - Whoo hoo, thats soo great! What stage are you in now. I pray everything works out well for you, Im really excited for you! :) xx

AFM: I have finally started IVF injections. I had a scan on the 7th to check the ovaries, and on that day the doctor said to stop taking the Microgynon tablets and to start the Gonal F injections. Today was day 3 of my injection and I cant believe how fast 3 days has gone. You ladies are right it does go fast. I have a scan on Monday so Im looking forward to that.

Its been really quite in this forum lately, Hope all of u ladies are well. Take Care! xxx

Bundles, I'm so relieved to hear they've grown! Yearning, I'll be looking out for your scan results tomorrow :yipee:
Mummy, how did your 4-D scan go?
AFM, I'm trying to lose my last 15 lbs before IVF starts in the beginning of Sept. I got the crib/cot (lol) sets and they're so freeking beautiful I was dancing around our condo in Florida screaming silly that all I need now are two beautiful babies. Yes, totally bent on twins. Can't wait to set up the bedroom, burp some fresh milked angels & wipe some dirty bums.
The goal this year is to MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Hi Ladies

Bundles - good luck with the stimming, I hope you get lots of lovely big follies :hugs:

Yearning - so happy for you that you have started, looking forward to getting your updates, really hope this is the cycle for you :flower:

2have4kids - September isn't long, keeping everything crossed for you :happydance:

Minxy - I hope you find a path that suits you both. You have been through so much already :hugs:

AFM - still sending samples every two weeks until I get the all clear. Taking a break from thinking about it too much as we wont be able to get going again until November. Still feel very angry and bitter about what happened but it does lessen with time. Wedding is 5 weeks on Saturday so just concentrating on that. I lost my Grandad last week and the funeral is on Friday so I'm hoping that I'll be a bit more upbeat after that. Its been a really testing few months but we have so much to look forward to xx

Pinkie, so sorry to hear about your grandad. Nov will sneak up on us before you know it. Thanks for the wishes for sept, I somehow just have this innate feeling that it won't work and we'll have to shell out $14,000+ for donor eggs. I know I'm supposed to keep my hopes up, I don't feel negative about it, feel pretty neutral but think my time is up.

Pinkie - Im sorry to hear about your grandad. Best of luck with the wedding.

2have4kids - I wish you the best.. I hope everything works out well for you.

AFM - I had my scan today after taking Gonal F for 5 days. From today I start my Cetrotide along with continuing the Gonal F. I have another scan on Friday.

Hi everyone
Thanks for the support ladies, I am so sorry to hear about your grandad:hugs: was it unexpected?

2have4kids you have to try and stay positive it will work:hugs:

Yearning brilliant so glad your scan went well how many follicles did you have? What dose are you on?

Afm- had a scan on thurs and they decreased my gonal f to 75, then went for another scan on sat still did not have any over 18m and my e2 was at 11000 so had to decrease my gonal f to 50, they are worried about ohss so my trigger will not be ovetrile I have been given pregnyl and cabogoline as the limit is 15000. Went in for scan today and I have 1 at 19, and 1 at 18 and about 7 around 15. I have been told i should have a general anaesthetic for egg collection as my left ovary is behind my uterus and might be difficult to access. Egg collection is on wed but the clinic need to call today to confirm.
I am feeling really uncomfortable can really feel my ovaries

Thanks ladies :hugs: It was quite sudden, he was very poorly but we thought we had quite a while yet. I certainly didn't think he wouldn't be at the wedding. I'm doing a reading at the funeral and I'm dreading it!

Bundles - good luck for EC :happydance: you are nearly there. I always feel like my ovaries are like melons by that point in stimming! Go steady and don't overdo it. Looking forward to your updates x

YH - goo luck with the Gonal, its time for some good news on this thread and I think you and Bundles are going to provide it! x

2have4kids - I can totally understand why you feel the way you do but I'm keeping everything crossed that Sept is your time, you really deserve it :hugs:

xx

2have4kids - My dosage on Gonal F is 150. x

Bundles - Whooo Hoooo good luck with the EC, Thats so great! Im excited for u. The doctor didnt say how many follicles I have, he just said everything is fine and well and its looking good. By the way you know when you had cetrotide injection did it hurt? I had my 1st cetrotide injection today afternoon and it hurt bad even after the injection was taken out it still hurt, its very different to the Gonal F. Did you find this happening to you also? Is there a way to reduce this? xx

Pinkie - Best of luck with the reading, Dont worry be strong you will be fine! xxxx

Hey yearning I am not on cetrotide just buserelin and gonal f the buserelin does sting when dh injects. Is cetrotide for stimming also?
The clinic called my bloods are very high 22000 which puts me at risk of ohss. They are saying that I might have to freeze all the eggs that are collected. I have my trigger shot tonight at 10:30 and then go in on wed that's when they will let me know:cry:

Awwwww Bundles! Lots of hugs for you! I pray you recieve good news on wednesday and they say everythings fine. Try not to stress.. I know its easy said then done.

Thats interesting because I also have buserelin injection too, just not told to take them. Whats stimming? Yeah the injection hurts when DH puts in as well as when he pushes in the medicine, it left a bruise/painful feeling for a while. I am sooo dreading taking this horrible injection tomorrow!

Awww Bundles, I hope everything goes well, try and stay positive. The most important thing is that you are fit and well when those embies go back to have the best possible chance xx

YH - stimming is when you are stimulating your follies to grow (i.e. Gonal F etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->