waiting for ivf and struggling!

Thanks yearning and pinkie that's what I am trying to do not stress out about it and just see what happens.
I think maybe your cetrotide is the same as buserelin in what it does, it was painful for me to I have a very bruised tummy.

Thanks for that info bundles - yeah my tummy get bruised too. Let us know how ur wednesdays appointment goes. xx

Hi everyone had my EC today 14 eggs were collected. Due to my estradiol levels the doctor cancelled my fresh egg transfer. Due to risk of ohss. So they are going to freeze them all and wait till my bloods have gone down. Really upset about it and very sore find out tomorrow how many fertilised

Aww Bundles I'm sorry :hugs: 14 eggs is a great number though, fingers crossed for a good fertilisation rate for you. Rest and let OH look after you xxx

Hey called clinic 10 eggs fertilised and all frozen:happydance: let's see how long it takes my estradiol to go down

Bundles, that's SUPER exciting news. congratulations!
Yearning, did anyone tell you about icing before you do the needle? It's meant to take the sting out (the medication is likely making that happen) and reduce the bruising. Hopefully it gets easier.
AFM, just checking out donor clinics incase the IVF fails. I've picked a donor with one clinic and frustratingly can't see the images of the donors on the site that the clinic primarily uses. One clinic charges $16-17,000 for 6 eggs and guarantees pregnancy (they give you new frozen eggs if it doesn't work with the first batch). They have a donor there that looks very similar to myself, less the curly hair and 2 inches in height. The other clinic doesn't guarantee a pregnancy but they have extremely high rates of success and only charge $10,000 for 6 eggs. My clinic uses them primarily but they have less donors to choose from.
I'd be willing to travel to the USA if it's more successful to do a fresh cycle with a donor, especially if it's by the ocean where I could get a day of surfing in and possibly some shopping :thumbup:

I really just want to have a plan B set up to go asap the minute they tell me my eggs aren't growing. And if I get surprised and my eggs grow, well, I'll be over the moon!

Mummy how's everything with you?
Has anyone heard from Melbram?
Pinkie & Ducktales I hope you're both OK too, Ducktales hope you're feeling better.

Bundles - Yaaaay thats great stuff! Looking forward to hearing good news soon! xx

2have4kids - No, Iv not heard of icing before the injection, what is meant by that? Its funny because sometimes my injections dont feel too bad and sometimes it hurts a little.
I really really really pray your eggs do grow! That would be very nice! Wish u the best! xx

AFM - I am on day 4 of Cetrotide and day 8 of Gonal F injections. Tomorrow I have a scan. Im going to ask the Doc what they see from the scan. Dummy me dont ask and all the doc says its good and I have no idea of what goes on. So tomorrow Im going to ask them what they saw etc. Im just so exciting for this, I want it to happen quick and fast. I had to plan out what I am going to do after ET because Im thinking of taking 2/3 weeks off work. iv already told one of my work place and they have absolutely fine and supportive about it, Iv still got another work place to tell. Hope all of you ladies are well. xxxxx

Hi Yearning, if you put ice on the area that you're going to inject before you inject, it completely numbs the sensation. No stinging, no bruising etc. The capilaries won't bleed as much when they're closed and cold as when they're warm and wide open. It still absorbes perfectly because your tummy warms right afterwards. It's what my pharmacist told me the girls do because the burselin stings, I never had to ice though, really didn't feel any pain.

Hi everyone
Sorry not been on for awhile.
I've had a rough few weeks with 3 hours sleep a night and I can't function.
Doing a lot in the house still and counting down the days to finish work!
I haven't had a chance to go back and read what I've missed as got my sister in laws wedding today. Not a great night to have worse insomnia!
Ill catch up over the weekend and speak to you all soon xxx

Hi everyone, sorry I have been AWOL, I have been so busy with family stuff and also very exhausted so just resting lots
Bundles-14 is fantastic- am sorry it couldn't be a fresh transfer but all the reading I have done says frozen has a higher success rate?
Yearning, its all so close now- I was on gonal f for a lot longer than they initially thought as I wasn't responding so well
2have4- always good to have a plan b and sounds like you are well researched
Mummy- sorry you are feeling rubbish

I am sitting waiting for my consultant appointment at the antenatal clinic
We had our 20 week scan but arms and legs crossed so have to go back on 3rd sep to try again to get the measurements they couldn't but all looked good
Xxxx

2have4kids - Thanks for that tip! I will try that

mummy - Hi, hope your well! enjoy the wedding, sounds like you have been veeerrryy busy!

Ducktales - I think Il be on Gonal F for a while too. Have lots of rest and good luck with the scan, update us how it goes. xx

AFM - I had my scan today after 5 days of Cetrotide. The doctor said I have 3 follicles on my right ovary and 6 on my left overy. They are growing slowly. The size is 10mm. I had to have a blood test as well and the nurse said depending on my blood test results etc. they might make my Gonal F dosage higher. Currently I am taking 150 dosage for Gonal F.
I have another scan on Wednesday and until then its just taking the Gonal F and Cetrotide injections everyday.

xxxx

Wow, so much exciting news on this board, it's about time. Yearning best of luck with those little eggies, Grow eggies grow!
Ducktales, try to kick those feet up and relax. Hopefully the heat is subsiding for you pregnant ladies over there. Hopefully your Sept scan reveals your little sprogs measurements.

2have4kids - Lol, Yep I hope they grow grow grow, not too big just the right size. How you been?

Its been kind of quite in this group. All of ladies must be busy. Lots of love. xx

Thanks Bundles! - The nurse called me yesterday and said I have to put the dosage up of the Gonal F. So now I will be taking 225 dosage instead of 150 dosage. I cant wait til the injections are over. The injections are not as bad as I thought however its still daunting every time I get it done! lol x

Doing well thx Yearning. Yearning it's so much better that you're on a low dose to begin with-and have the ability to increase it. i felt quite stuck being on the highest dose while seeing nothing happen, no growth.

I hope you're all having a good weekend. We just hosted a family BBQ last night and today we're off to the Rockies to do some climbing. It's supposed to be a cracking hot day...looking forward to it.

Still trying hard to get this weight off. Did 4 lbs this week so not a bad start after no weight loss all last month. 18 more to go!!!

Bundles - great news :happydance: I hope you can get them nestled in soon. Hope you are feeling ok x

YH - good that they have increased your dose, slow growing is really common. Hope it all starts to happen for you soon x

2have4kids - hope you have had a fab time climbing. I used to really enjoy it when I was young and fearless, now I'm too much of a wimp! :blush:

mummy & ducktales - you are doing really well, hope you are enjoying the experience xx

AFM - Grandad's funeral was Friday. I couldn't do my reading so my brother did it for me. It was very sad. But onwards and upwards. DF is now working away for 4 weeks although I'm going to stay with him next weekend. I was really upset when he left today but he said he needed to go so we can keep the money rolling in for baby making, bless! I'm spending the evening with a large glass of wine looking at wedding bits on the internet, less than 5 weeks now :happydance:

:hugs:

Hi pinkie aw sweet of your hubby, is it abroad he will be working? You must be so excited less than 5 weeks.

2have4kids 18lbs to go! You have done so well congrats.

Yearning it will be ok grow eggies grow. What have you even eating and drinking also for egg quality

Pinkie :hugs: I find funerals so hard to handle, glad your brother was there to assist
YH - how is the increased gonal f going?
2have4 - good going on the weight loss
Mummy- hope the wedding was ok
Bundles - how are you doing?

I went to a wedding on Saturday and it was Caribbean food - I know my stomach can't handle that so I had about 3 mouthfuls and a piece of cake. Woke up yesterday with terrible diarrohea (TMI) and have had sweating and shivering and upset stomach all day yesterday and all night last night too. My DH is also unwell, but nowhere near what I am and he ate a whole plate so maybe not that food - we also both had melon in the morning so who knows.
anyway, my temperature was over 38 degrees last night and I felt dreadful - have taken today off as annual leave - I was off on sick leave less than 2 weeks ago and cant afford more sick leave- it triggers a warning on the system and I get a bollocking, so I was going to go in today but DH said no way, the baby was more important than dragging myself to work - I have a 1 mile walk then 1 hour tube journey, plus a walk at the other end, so not an easy car journey.
lying in bed watching TV
bored already !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back