waiting for ivf and struggling!

mummy - Hiii we missed u here! I cant believe how much your scan picture and your niece look alike! The nose,lips are exactly the same. Those scan pictures are so lovely, your going to be having some gorgeous babies! :)

I like the colour you painted and the clouds. It must be exciting preparing a nursery, all them lovely colours. Im sure it must be hard work though - It will be all worth it in the end. I think when I make a nursery I would use neutral/unisex colours that way it can be used by any gender. Show us more pics when the nursery is more done. I love looking at nursery pics. I cant for when I start one. I love house deco.

As for me - I have a scan tomorrow and then egg collection on Monday unless something doesn't go to plan in tomorrows scan (I hope its fine - I want to move on to the next stage)

xx

just a quick question for you all - After how many days was your embryo transfer after egg collection?

x

Wooo collection Monday!!!
I had a 5 day transfer on both cycles. They can see how good the eggs are on day 5 but then others say a day 3 would survive better inside.
There's pros and cons for both.

I can't wait to see what I'm having and what they look like.
Can't wait for the nursery to be finished too. Ill keep going in there and looking at it all when its done x

Mummy those photos are great! Can't believe the detail. Sorry to hear you've had issues with blood pressure. Can you put your feet up the wall, does this help? Drink loads of water and enjoy your time at home. Glad you're off soon!

I've lost 55 since surgery. The cardinal rule for losing weight (from what I get from the people having success around me) is 2 parents for every child (2 proteins for every carb) and carbs should be in the form of veg not bread, pasta, rice or the such. Proteins heal your body and repair muscle tear from workouts, bread carbs turn to sugar and fat and cause a massive release of insulin making you hungrier in an hour or two. I don't crave bread very often now but I still have pizza now and then. It's nice to be gluten free, I feel much better.
My cycles have changed too, I'm down to 27 days rather than 33 and sorry for TMI but bleeding for 7-8 days rather than just 3. I hope this impacts my IVF in Sept in a positive way but either way, we have the alternate path to success mapped out too. It will be a good year, I'm certain of it! I've heard that upping protein and lowering carbs is good for egg health, it's now or never!
Do you ladies have a long weekend Aug 30-Sept 2? We're off to do some hiking in Jasper National Park that weekend, it's my birthday too. Looking forward to it much! Everyone is saying autumn is in the air here, it's really chilly at night. I'm looking forward to the colours but not the cold!

I put my feet up but it doesn't stop the twitchiness of my feet and legs.
Just can't wait to fully finish work.

All the diet changes sounds good if its changed your cycles like that. It can only be a good thing.
I just couldn't live without bread pasta and rice. We have it am the time but guess ill never be thin ha x

We just have bank holiday Monday but I have to work.
When's your birthday? X

Sept 2. early in the morning, I made her labour ALLL night. I was always a problem child lol. I hope that doesn't happen to you or I (labouring all night) ha!

YH - hope everything is going well. I had bloating towards the end with stims, I think it's the growing follies & eggs.

mummy - ooo I love the pictures, the babies sound a good size, I'm sure I've heard of people having twins that are only 1lb. The nursery is coming along nicely.

I didn't put much weight on the first 2 ivfs doing short protocall but this a time doing long, I've put on nearly a stone after maintaining my weight for 10 years. It's really hard to shift. Even 3 months later my stomach is still out of proportion. Have just bought a fancy pedometer and started using my fitness pal phone app, will let you know if this works. I wouldn't mind the weight if Imwas pg, but to know we'll be cycling again it's annoying.

Afm - spending the week at my best mates in Cromer for the carnival. Enjoying the break but cant wait until I'm bringing my own family here. Monday is a bank holiday here, I'll be chilling out at home after a busy week. Hope everyone has a good BH x

I was told that your ovaries are normally the size of walnuts but with all the follicles growing they get up to grapefruit size and bigger. That's why you bloat so much.

My in laws have gone to there caravan in east Runton to chill out after the stress of their daughters wedding. She did nothing x

I hope I wouldn't be in labour for too long but was will see when the time comes x

Aww bless 'em. Hope they can have a good rest. Weddings seem to send everyone crazy. We're just off to the fireworks x

Hi everyone, hope your all doing great

I went for my scan today (My 5th scan!) and everything seemed good. Good enough follicles and size so my egg collection will now be on Monday. :) I cant believe it

I will be taking Gonal F and Cetrotide for the last time tomorrow and then at midnight the trigger. I hope all of this goes well.

Bundle - How are you, not heard from you? Whats the update, I hope you are well.
x

Yearning that's really great news - so happy for you! Will look out for you to see how egg collection & blasting goes (blast growth to transfer, I call it blasting). Take care & rest up!

2have4kids - thanks. I am ready at the hospitial, the nurse said i will be called within 2 hours. I feel so nervous but at the same time want to get it over and done with.
Hope your doing well. Xxx

Ohh good luck!!! You'll be fine. Are you being knocked out? You don't feel anything and are down there for 20-50 mins.
Let us know how many you get xx

mummy - im going to get called within an hour now. They will call me and take me to theater and sedate me, i just cant wait til its over. Thanks. X

Hi all
Loads have happened here glad everything is going well with everyone.
I was admitted to hospital on tues was discharged today for ohss feeling much better and the bloating has gone down.

How was EC yearning?

Bundles - glad your feeling better. Take care x

YH - good luck for today's EC xx

bundles - That was quite few days in hospital. Good to hear you are better now, take rest and I hope everything goes smooth and well for you. Have you had your embryo transfer? x

EC today was fine, I was so scared of the sedating but it was not too bad however after when I woke up, roughly an hour later I had a very sick feeling, it was so bad I kept thinking I would vomit but I wasnt vomiting (I was wishing I would just vomit so I feel better - Not that there was much in my stomach as I could not eat for hours before). That vomiting feeling was weird and lasted for most of the day, I forced my self to eat lunch and when I came home I just slept. Now I feel much better.

Today (after an hour or so) I have to use the cyclogest pessary just before going to bed and that has to be from the back side. haha
Im dreading that.

Oh yeah the nurse said they took 17 eggs in today's EC :) I just hope they are good eggs which fertilise, which I will find out tomorrow.

Take care all. xxxx

Yeah was in there for nearly a week and put on over 8 pounds in water weight over a week. Have been told will not have the egg transfer for a couple of months I have not been back to the clinic yet as my appointment was scheduled for fri and I was in hospital but I will call them tomorrow to book an appointment.

17 eggs! Congratulations. Fingers crossed you get loads that fertilise.
That sounds like a reaction to the sedative hope your feeling better, are you sore from the EC?

Yearning I have fx for you that you get loads of big juicy healthy blasts from your 17 eggs and a pregnancy to boot.
Bundles, I'm sorry you had to go through all of that, lets hope it was all worth the effort & extra wait. Christmas bfp perhaps!
Hi to everyone else, I hope you're enjoying the last of August.

Afm, I've luckily just signed new annual leases with our renters, they are really wonderful people and thankfully they all wanted to go on to a third year In the property. Sometimes new renters can cause new problems/upset the balance so I'm so pleased to have another drama-free rental year.

Other than that, I'm just biding time till my surge (it's cd13) :coffee: I then wait 10 days to start the estrogen patch - leading into stims with the new cycle. The waiting is killing me. Hoping I surge around cd 16 rather than 18 as I always have before. Now that I've lost weight though, my cycle is only 27 days as opposed to 33. Lets get this show on the road already!\\:D/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->