waiting for ivf and struggling!

Fingers crossed its not ohss
I did 3 litres a day
Not sure about glasses but depending on size I would probably say that was more than 7/8 glasses
Good luck
X

Hello ladies. I will weigh myself to check of I am putting on weight. I still feel very bloaty today and same symtops. I had ET today and told them my symtops. They said its fine, they did scan and then did the ET. Im hoping everythings well. I hate the way I am feeling anyhow I am over the moon to finally have the ET. I got so emotional, I have waited for this day for a very long time. They have me inkections (Great! Just when I thought it was end of injections!) the injections will stop OHSS happenimg and reduce the symtops. I will be taking folic acid from today.

The doctor said the embryo is of v.good quality and he placed it in the perfect place. Im feeling weak and tired, I just want my tummy back. X

:happydance: I am so happy for you yearning :hugs: you will be our next BFP. I bet it was very emotional

If they did the scan before the ET they would have seen if you were collecting fluid in your belly so I am sure it will be ok. Just still check your weight, tummy girth and how much you are peeing.
When is your test date? Are you taking the whole two weeks off?

Wow Yearning, that sounds great! Keep that little bean hydrated from here on in. Congratulations and wishing you a speedy bfp confirmation.

Glad ET is done
Fingers crossed for you
Are you testing early or holding out?
The next couple of weeks will be an emotional rollercoaster - feel free to vent - I had so many highs and lows during the hardest 2ww
Xxx

Yay glad egg transfer went fine. They wouldn't have done it if they thought there was any chance of you already having OHSS.
I also had to do the progesterone injections to stop me getting OHSS which I had to do into my back muscle for the whole 12 weeks.
Have they said if this is what you'll have to do?
It's not nice but it makes sure you get the correct amount of progesterone into your body to help the egg stay.

Are you having your 2ww off?
I would say you really need it x

Thank you ladies so much for all your support and advice you guys have always given.
Yeah I start on the injections today, DH is coming home soon so he will do the injection (the nurse said to do it on the thigh or tummy). The nurse said the bloating feeling will slowly go especially with the injections. I cant wait for it for the bloatness to go.

My blood test is on Thursday 12th Sept, exactly 2 weeks. I dont intend to check before hand so I will be just waiting for that day.

And nope I did not take 2 weeks off - I took 3 weeks off! :) because my work place will give me stress even if they do not mean too. (I am a teacher)

Bundles - I have weighed myself and looks like I have lost 1 kg! haha I feel I have put on weight but I have lost little. (Maybe because my intake of food is very very less)
I am peeing fine. :) x

I am off away to familys house today and will stay there for 2 weeks, Im going to enjoy the pampering I will get :)

Aww that's great news yeah it should go down after a while.
3weeks off that great, have fun with your family and rest up

So glad your off for 3 weeks. You really do need to rest and put your feet up and let that egg do its thing. Remember loads and loads of water.
Where is your friends place?
Hope you have a great time xx

How's everyone?

I have a scan and consultant today.

I think they have had a growth spirt as I'm getting wider and a lot more uncomfortable x

YH - Glad to hear everything is going well. Enjoy your time off work & away as much as you can. It's all sounding good. Did you get any embies for the freezer? xx

Mummy - Good luck with the appointment. Sorry to hear your uncomfortable but sounds a good sign from the babies point of view. So exciting.

How's everyone else?

AFM: DH's karotyping, chromosome tests can back and all ok. Think DH was disappointed as it would meant straight to donor no questions asked. Got an appointment with consultant next Wednesday (can't see he'll have anything new to say but opportunity to ask questions), and following week Andrologist.
The whole IMSI Vs Donor has been doing my head in, had a chat with DH about it at the weekend and we're 80 -90 % sure we'll do donor. IVF1-2 was easy, I thought 3 would work and now I'm not sure I could cope with not getting to blast on the 4th attempt again, I think 3 cycles all the same is enough for me. Just need the Dr to man up and stop sitting on the fence. World seems to have gone crazy in being nice to people, need a bit of honesty even if it hurts - easier in the long run.
Going to Brighton for the weekend with the girls, can't wait. We booked this after our fail in June as soemthing nice for me to look forward to.

That's annoying about hubby. You want to know if its not happening that there Is a problem.
It hate to have unexplained infertility, Its just easier go have something wrong with you.

If hubby is ok with it just go for donor, it would stop the heart ache for you if it didn't work again. Tough on him tho but I bet when your pregnant and he's seeing that baby grow and born or twins, he won't even think about it x

Yearning I'm glad you're in the homestretch and pupo, can't wait to hear from you with a bfp! Enjoy your pampering.
Mummy, sorry to hear you're more uncomfortable, it'll fly by now!
Minxy, I was just going to say what mummy said, your DH might be dragging his heels for a donor cycle however when he gets his sprog(s) in his arms he'll, like you, will forget about all of the steps it took to deliver your gift. In fact, he'll be so busy preparing bottles and wiping bums, he'll be glad for the simple things like sitting down and watching the tube.
We have to do what we have to do, I'm not looking forward to donor eggs especially since it'll wipe out my finances but I'm willing to do whatever it takes. Just sorry to hear for you, that he's dragging his heels rather than being excited for a solution.
We just got back from Jasper National Park where we did some great hiking & rocky mountain touring. It was my birthday yesterday and we had a lovely dinner in Canmore at my favourite restaurant on the way home. Yes, I'm 38 now with no children in my arms. I'm not happy about that but I have a foul proof plan for this year to get my sprogs. I just hope that the donor eggs give us more options than just the chance of 1 successful pregnancy in 6 eggs (which is the current Canadian average using donor eggs). That's pretty dismal and I'm set on twins. If we have to fly to the States to do a fresh cycle (with more chance of having really nice frosties for future kids), it'll take a while to put the donor lady through IVF and that might mean I don't have a baby in my arms until after I'm 39, that's too much time. I know that would be the smartest thing to do, after all this waiting it just seems so wrong to wait longer.

Happy birthday for yesterday!!!!!
Glad you had a nice time away.
It would be great if you had twins and you don't have to go through it again.
When do you realistically think you could start with donor eggs? X

Happy birthday for yesterday!!!!!
Glad you had a nice time away.
It would be great if you had twins and you don't have to go through it again.
When do you realistically think you could start with donor eggs? X
If we do frozen, they said we'd have them within 2 months. I've just looked up a fresh cycle in the US with a donor and they said it'd be 28,000 + $5000 for the meds. Then we'd probably wind up with ~15 fertilised frosties. I really hope IVF works out or we'll have to sell our rental property to afford all of that. Fresh is the way to go if we want more than 1-2 kids (which I do).

I was wondering if we just paid someone in Canada and had them go through a cycle, getting rid of the middleman I bet it'd be alot less expensive. But how does one just go out and recruit for donors? This is really frustrating. Why is Canada such a caveman when it comes to infertility? Oh yea I forgot, we have caveman religious conservatives as politicians. Harper should be shot & pissed on. Rant over, sorry for the negativity today.

Don't worry. It's fine.
That is an awful not of money.
So if the person donating the eggs get 15 for example.
They can freeze some and you still own them so the children had the sand donor?

I'm not sure how you'd go away finding a donor privately but I know places normally try and match what the person looks like with you, so you didn't get a black haired child if you were blonde for example.

We went out for our 4th anniversary meal and I didn't last long as I felt so uncomfortable and couldn't sit up straight as babies have moved and is awkward.
I tell you what cooking twins Is bloody hard work and think the pains have only just started.
Don't get me wrong I love being pregnant but its hard on your body x

Yes, I feel for you mummy. Two of my gf's who've had kids have serious bladder issues now. One wears a support that keeps it up in the correct position. It's like a hammock of sorts and the other gift had twins and had surgery to help her out. I know my mom in her senior years now has leaking issues too. The babies push your urinary mechanical bits down and they never quite get back to where they should be. I'm sure it doesn't happen to everyone but I'm fully expecting to have issues too.

Hello Ladies sorry I havent been on here for ages. Although the forum is a great source of support and to get information sometimes I feel it makes me focus too much on IVF. For my frozen cycle I wanted to try and be more relaxed and just take things as they came and not thinking about it every moment of the day.

I have 4 frosties and on Wednesday was told that my day 3 frosties were all at least 24 hours behind so they were thawing them all a day earlier to give them time to catch up. They all made it through the thaw however made no progress over night so my ET today was cancelled. That was our last NHS attempt. Going private is out of the question for us as we couldnt raise the funds and I really dont know whether I could put myself through it again given I had such a bad time with OHSS.

Im waiting for an appointment with head embryologist in the hope we might gain some insight as to why my embies are not good quality. I get lots of eggs - 19 both times - but embryo quality is hopeless really. I havent got a clue what sort of tests would make a difference

The prospect of adopting possibly being the best way forward is very daunting.

YH: congrats on your ET!!! when is test date?
mummy: sorry to hear you have been uncomfortable recently when is your due date?
2have4: best of luck with donor eggs. The cost is unreal. everything crossed for you
Minxy: I hope DH makes a decision soon so you can get moving. I appreciate it is hard for him my OH would be the same in that situation it takes him ages to get his head around things which I find frustrating as I feel Im the one being strong for us both

HI to everyone else that I have missed out. Hope you are all well.

Hi Melbram,

I'm absolutely gutted for you to hear what has happened, to go through OHSS, waiting & waiting for FET and then not to get to ET, just awful. I know what its like to not get to blast but at least I know that within 5 days, I can't imagine how awful it must be to have that strung out. Big hugs, so disappointing for you both.

Remind me about your & DH ages, sperm quality and fert rate, progress etc (or DM me) - because I've been investigating poor embryo quality for the last 12 months & I've read up on so much stuff & may think of something you could ask your embryologist. I think speaking to the embryologist is an excellent idea, I've spoken to 3 Dr and the head embryologist at our clinic and the embryologist was the most useful. The Drs see the patient during treatment and make a drug plan but the embryologist is dealing with things at the key stage.

It's a shame you can't have a 3rd NHS cycle or can't afford to carry on treatment, but I think adoption could be a wonderful alternative. It is certainly something I have considered but mainly due to the timescales I would rather pursue donor (DH prefers donor for other reasons), but its our fallback and if we want more children I'd perhaps do it also. I think once you've had chance to grieve for your own DNA children adoption could be a wonderful thing. I always think people like us in strong relationships would make wonderful parents to these children who've had an awful start to life. Its so tough closing the door on treatment.

I understand why you've stayed away, I only use this thread but I also use twitter alot as there are thousands of ladies in our boat on there and I have little breaks from it as I find it very hard when I see so many get BFNs, I get very disillusioned with it all (IVF) and hearing about the awfulness of IF is tiring.

2have4 - I need to read through you posts again to take it all in but it seems very unfair in canada and eggs seem so expensive. I really hope it works for you this time.

AFM: I need to get on, am off to Brighton today for a weekend with the girls. We booked this after our fail in June as my 'something nice to look forward' thing. Can't wait! Need to coffee up for the drive, i think its 4 hours on a good run.

Hate INFERTILITY so much!!!! xxx

Thanks for your response Minxy x I'm 26, oh 31 I have irregular periods but main issue was make infertility oh low on all counts x last SA was about 2 years ago I think count was abou 6mill x I produce lots of eggs and appx half fertilise and then they are slow growers x any info u have would b much appreciated x

In the meantime have a fab break away x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->