waiting for ivf and struggling!

Hi melbram sorry to hear about your last fet.
Do you think you can appeal? For another cycle?

Hi bundles I wasn't going to based on other people's experiences but iv been told criteria may have changed so will definitely look into it x

Hi melbrem.

Good to see you back but not with that news! I'm so sorry. I just can't understand why at your age that could keep happening.
My hubby had lower than your hubby at the beginning his was less than 1 million but with Icsi it works.
I really am feeling for you. Life is very unfair for couples that are desperate for children.
Do appeal and see if you can do it 1 more time?
If not, can you ask both families for help?

I've had my 1st official week off but still just feels like a holiday at the mo.
I've been reading up about when most twin mums go into labour and I think the average is 34 weeks so that's 6 weeks time. We have so much to do.
I was taken into hospital again on Tuesday and had another check up today.
Got to go back on Tuesday too.
Then hopefully if its stayed ok I might be allowed to just be checked once a week which would be lovely x

How's everyone else?
Any news? X

Hi everyone, thank god its the weekend
Melbram - I am sorry to hear about your FET and what you have had to go through - big hugs to you
Minxy - enjoy Brighton, hopefully the weather stays nice, it is lovely to get away and take your mind off things
2have4 - I cannot get over those costs - is there the option for you to travel elsewhere to do it? And happy belated birthday x
YH - how are you doing, when is the OTD ?
Bundles - how are you?
Mummy - sorry you got taken into hospital again, I can't imagine how much harder it is baking twins but you are on the homestretch now

AFM, nothing much to report, we reached viability day, 24 weeks yesterday which I am very grateful for.
Been feeling much better, tired in the evenings but apart from that not much.
Full update on my journal, has been a bit of a crazy week with being offered a great job but having to massively compromise on maternity leave and getting my head round a lot.
stress
xxx
Mummy

I'm surprised they offered you a new job being that far pregnant. What is it?

I forgot to say minxychick have a well deserved break in Brighton with the girls x

Mummy: sorry to hear you have been in hospital - hopefully not much longer and your lil twinnies will be here. I will maybe look at appealing based on the fact embryo quality may have been compromised due to OHSS and I couldnt have fresh transfer. To be honest IVF isnt something I want to go through again at the moment. I think my body needs a break from both the physical and mental effects. I think if maybe in a year or so it hasnt worked naturally I will consider doing round 3 but maybe at a different clinic with different stimms or proceed with the adoption route. In the meantime I am having a break from it all as much as possible, I am getting into fitness (just been for my first run - I am exhausted!) and looking at booking a holiday for next year so we have something to take our minds off things and something good to look forward to.

Ducktales: great news on reaching viability day :) and to be offered a new job

its not in the police and they didn't know I was pregnant when he called me to meet up, but now he knows is happy to wait for a bit - its for a bank and I would start in May or June
x

It's so weird that the same rules don't apply to every hospital.
I was allowed 3 cycles when I hear others are only allowed 1 or 2.
I think it should be same rules, not just depending where you live.

If you feel a break would do you good, then its a great idea.
Do anything to take your mind off it as much as you can.
Your still young and have time and I really hope they let you try once more x

Oh right duck tales. Do you think you'll be ready to go back go work that early after baby is born?
What would the hours be x

I was only allowed 1 fresh and 1 fet cycle on the nhs
3 days in the office 9-5, 2 days homeworking
full update on my journal as it is very long and complex !
xxx

And we were at the same hospital. It just doesn't seem right does it.
It was the hospitals fault I miscarried on my 1st cycle so I would have been so angry to not be allowed another go, especially when I didn't get any to freeze on either cycle.

Hubby has done loads in the nursery today.
Cots are made and blind and curtains are up.
Big cupboard is made into a wardrobe.
I have washed loads of clothes.
Hubby is just building the dresser/ change table.
I can't wait to start finding things a home x

Sounds exciting, can we see pics when you have done?
Xxx

Yes course. Ill take some tomorrow when it's a bit tidier. Looks small with all the stuff in there now but we still want a spare room whilst they are young. They are right beside our room too x

image.jpg

Getting there.
Started to find homes for things tonight but have some serious amount of stuff to wash x

Lovely mummy!
I've been scarce -sorry. Just trying to take the mind off before IVF comes (start the new cycle tomorrow or the next day with injections shortly afterward).
Melbram I'm so sorry to hear about your bad news. Would you consider trying egg or sperm sharing/donor?
How's it going everybody else? I love reading your posts and I'm always thinking/wishing the best for this bunch of ladies. Who'd have known that this would turn into a nearly 200 page long thread :dohh:
And the waiting continues...

Mummy it looks great- how exciting, it makes it all so real!
2have4 good luck on starting, everything crossed for you
I have the midwife this morning just for a check up but saw the consultant on Friday so not a lot to check up but need my mat b form and have a few questions to ask so am going anyway
X

2have 4 I know when I 1st started this thread you haven't a clue what's going to happen and it seems we all have stayed. It's lovely to see everyone start and progress, but not so to hear all the bad stuff too. We are here to support and I feel like I know everyone a fair bit.
Hopefully this Is your round and they have upped your meds as much as they can to help you get as many eggs as possible.
Keep us updated when your up to it.

Duck takes hope the midwife goes ok. The consultant I'm meant to have, I've seen once right at the beginning and seen another bloke another 2 times and he is crap!!!! He doesn't talk or ask me what I consider important at this point.
No one has mentioned a mat b form either.
Even if I've finished work do I still need to give my boss 1?
I haven't seen my midwife for months either. I'm meant to see her at my scan and consultant apps but she's never on shift in the same hospital.
I want to know if the babies haven't turned when will I be arranged a c section date or if I start off and they aren't in position will I be rushed in for an emergency section.
We are going to a class at the weekend and hopefully we can stop and chat to my midwife after. It's about birth journey, breast feeding twins, managing with 2 etc and how you the theatre and twin suite x

Mummy: its all coming together nicely :happydance:

2have4kids: Yey for starting your meds again soon :thumbup: All the very best for this cycle x Im not sure about egg sharing because although I get a lot of eggs only around half fertilise and none so far have ever been any good. If it didnt work I would always wonder if the other lady had my good egg. Using donor eggs I am open to (such a hypocrite not wanting to share my own!) I really dont know how OH would cope with donor sperm but we have to be open to all options

Ducktales: GL with midwife.

Thank you.

It's not being a hypocrite. You just want this to work so much and any little thought like that could make you feel worse if you egg shared.
I'd consider it if I was to do it again but it needs serious thinking as I don't get a lot of good eggs either. Only had the 2 that were great this time.

I honestly don't want to go through it again tho but always wanted a large family x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->