Waiting for ov after mc. 8BFPs so far!! *"the list" page 291*

sofa queen, that still looks neg to me. Maybe tonight or tomorrow it will darken up.

Cheers slg76, I've no idea what I'm doing with OPKs! I'm only CD14, and I usually don't O till CD20/21 (with loads of EWCM), so I'd say I'm a while off O yet!

How often should I do the OPK test, twice a day?
Do I need to hold my pee?

I'm such a dope! :haha:

I tend to do 2 a day. You're not meant to use fmu but I do to see the progression . I find the 2pm or 10pm tests pick up the surge first. When the tests getting darker I start testing. 3 times a day. You're meant to hold your pee and not drink anything for 3 hours but when you're testing 3 times a day you'd die of dehydration or a uti!! I wee in a cup and if it's a decent colour I test it. I usually see a fade in pattern but that's not always the case . If the second line goes nearly as dark as the first then starts getting lighter again I think it's safe to assume the surge happened after the darkest opk . It's easy to miss it even if you're testing 3 times a day!

Ladies I think getting too cynical even for ttc after loss. I used to post on lots of the threads and be really supportive and encouraging to new ladies and now I just feel really bad :( there was a post I was reading earlier about ttc before AF and I just wanted to write. 'You might as well , it won't work anyway so no point worrying about it' obviously I didn't but that's really bad. It's just so hard seeing ladies full of hope like I was straight after my mc and knowing how hard it can be and how long it can/will take. I know I've just got cd1 blues but I'm getting really fed up. I want to help new ladies again but I can't help being cynical . I can admit that cos I know you ladies know me well enough now! X

Ladies I think getting too cynical even for ttc after loss. I used to post on lots of the threads and be really supportive and encouraging to new ladies and now I just feel really bad :( there was a post I was reading earlier about ttc before AF and I just wanted to write. 'You might as well , it won't work anyway so no point worrying about it' obviously I didn't but that's really bad. It's just so hard seeing ladies full of hope like I was straight after my mc and knowing how hard it can be and how long it can/will take. I know I've just got cd1 blues but I'm getting really fed up. I want to help new ladies again but I can't help being cynical . I can admit that cos I know you ladies know me well enough now! X

Massive :hugs: honey!

Hey Munchkin - so sorry that you're feeling down today. But not surprised!! This is a tough place to be. We can't be upbeat and positive all the time - I know I'm not. I have days of wondering if I'll ever have a baby, and feeling angry at myself for waiting so long to try (I'm 34 now).

I don't think it's just cynicism. I work in a 'helping profession' and one of the things we're taught from day one is that it's really difficult to help someone when you're going through something yourself. Compassion fatigue! You need to save up some of that compassion for you right now, not worry about being able to give it out to others. It's hard to spread positivity when you're not feeling so positive yourself. After what I've been through, I was thinking of volunteering with a miscarriage support organisation - but then I realised that I'm nowhere near ready enough to do that - if I ever will be. It's waaaay too personal. You just can't do it without bringing your own situation into it in some way.

Allow yourself to have the crappy days, and know that they're understandable, justified and even necessary. It's a sign of what a good Mum you must be, and how much love you had for that little baby and for a future one, when he/she comes along. If you didn't, you wouldn't feel it nearly as much. And I know from reading your posts that you've helped loads of people on here, me included. Probably more than you even know - so many times before I joined up here, I checked in anonymously and you get so much comfort from what people have posted. Then give yourself a break for not being able to do it right this minute. It'll come back, when it's ready. For now, let others help you a bit xxx :hugs:

slg76 - Glad I'm not the only one :) SEEMINGLY, it stands for 'As For Me,' but I'm always going to think of my own definition :winkwink:

munchkin...I'm sorry you are having a tough day! CD1 sucks! I think we all have bad days and it's to be expected. It seems impossible to remain hopeful all the time. There are a few threads I don't post in anymore because I feel like my story is just a downer for them. If it makes you feel any better I'm still in the middle of my mc and I'm not super hopeful about getting pregnant right away. Cynical already! If it happens great, but I won't be surprised if it doesn't. Hang in there. Things will likely seem better soon.

sofa,
Most people will say to test twice a day at least 8 hours apart. I only test once a day until the test looks almost positive and then I do two a day. It's probably not a bad idea to do two a day for this cycle until you get the hang of it. The test usually starts out with no second line or a very faint one. As you get closet to ovulation the line will get darker and darker. When the line is as dark as the control line it is considered a pos test. The next day it should fade away again. You will actually ovulate about a day after your surge. I try to have some time with hubby the day I get a positive so there are some swimmers in there waiting for the egg to drop. If you aren't sure about your tests just post another pic---I bet there are lots of self-trained OPK experts on here :)

Munchkin - I totally know how you feel about being too cynical now and not being able to comfort people. I feel like that some days too. To be honest, what you wanted to reply to those people made me chuckle for quite some time - not because it was funny, but because it's how I feel too and I just relate to the cynicism so much. But hang in there. You *have* been a huge help to many of us and are very supportive and it is ok to have a few days where you can't be. Cd1 is the worst and I always end up having a meltdown. :hugs: you will get through this, get your beautiful rainbow baby, and then you will be able to say so many encouraging things to help people!

Hope is a renewable option: If you run out of it at the end of the day, you get to start over in the morning.

Sorry you're having a rough day Munchkin. It could have been one of my posts.... I know it might not happen this month, but it might.... :). Hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Happy Angels day, for anyone whos had to carry their baby in their heart rather than in their arms

My hopefully crypic enough fb status.

Celine when I opened Facebook today my top. 2 posts were from you and my friend who was a massive support after my mc and had a mc herself. It was lovely to wake up to sharing! Your post was lovely xxx

This is what I posted in the end. . Rachel I hope you don't mind I borrowed your words :)

image.jpg

Munchkin - that's beautiful too:cry:

Ladies

I know I can share anything on here - so today I took Munchkin advice and did a HPT (I did one 7 days ago:haha:).

As you all know my chart is a mess:dohh:my temps are up slightly but I think this is because hubby left heating on:wacko:

OPKs aren't much help this month either for me

So does anyone know what it means when there is a line but it disappears - yep looks like my HPTs are also messing me about:cry:

I will put it up for you to see - but honestly now it looks like a BFN:cry:

Of course now Ive started I will have to keep POAS - oh and my OPK is deff POS again:dohh:

How great would it be to get a POS HPT on Angel Day - :cry:

:hugs:

X

:shrug: i dont want to give fasle hope....i know a line is a line...anyone else see it?
Annie did u restest today?

I see a line hon. My Evaps on ic have always been too faint to see on the picture. If I were you I'd ask for a blood test at the docs x

I was so touched, a few of my fb peeps have shared my status <3
Oh gosh today a friend has confided she is ttc again :( she has two daughters already ages 1 and 2,5 and she is younge so she will be preggers quickly i bet...this is killing me inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->