Waiting till the new year - TTC January 2014!

Kate, that's not the Isle of Arran is it?! One of my favourite places if so! Boyfriend and I took our first holiday there together, back in May. We also climbed Goat Fell, which just about finished me off.

The reason for WTT in the first place was to lose weight but that isn't going great at the moment :(

I have still not spoken to hubby and don't even know if I should now, I just really want to TTC so bad but I know I need a rocket up my arse over dieting. I was doing well a few weeks back I lost 18 pounds in 3 weeks but ever since then I have been terrible, you would think TTC would be enough motivation to stick at it.

The only way I ever managed to stick to a diet and lose weight was by following the Harcombe diet. It's not for everyone, but basically you can eat what you like and as much as you like, as long as you don't mix fats and carbs in one meal. Sugar's pretty much out, which sucks, but I did go from 9 st 11 lb to 8 st 12 lb in about a month, so it definitely works.

18 lb in three weeks is amazing - you CAN do it.

I live in the middle of the coast mountain in Canada's west coast. Our mountains get up 4000 m here. Meep, I've travelled to Scotland but didn't make it to Isle of Arran. I heard it's beautiful there!! Maybe another trip?

I feel for you Jessica. I've been trying to lose a little too and it's definitely not easy. Maybe because you lost so much so quickly your body is just adjusting? I'm doing myfitnesspal now and it seems to be working well for me. You're doing awesome though! Keep at her! :thumbup:

Hahaha waaaaay out! Your picture just looks very similar to one I took myself, although perhaps on a much larger scale?! You should definitely go there if you ever get the chance, it's lovely!

18lbs in 3 weeks is awesome Jessica's mum! It can be so hard though losing weight, an gaining too for those who struggle to gain weight. I myself was trying to lose weight a couple of months ago but we went through a bit of a hard time with Emilia going through the 4 month sleep regression and I just couldn't cope. It was bad enough that she was always cranky without adding to it with me being super cranky from not eating what I wanted lol! Plus she was making it really hard for me to cook myself proper meals so I was just grabbing snack food.
And after losing 10lbs I'm right back to my "forever" weight of 11 stone 4lbs (158lbs). I was that weight before I got pregnant the first time and with Emilia, I was that weight 6 weeks after giving birth and again now.
Do you ever think that our bodies just like being a particular weight?

Kate I've tried fitness pal too, it's pretty good really, as long as you don't underestimate the calories in anything.

Meep how are you feeling Hun?

Tmb how's things?

How is everyone else?

Crampy and sick Bailey! You?

God, that picture put a smile on my face though!!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Do you mean my new avatar? She's a cracker isn't she lol!

I'm thirsty and peeing lots lol! Started having the weird dreams already, can't remember it now but I know I woke this morning thinking "that was bizarre"! Also felt a bit sick earlier but think it was coz I was hungry.

I'm getting myself worked up about telling people though, wish I could be more laid back like df. He's so laid back about everything. I always say I have to worry enough for 2 people coz he doesn't worry about anything!
I'm also looking at having a private scan at 11 weeks then it's just before Christmas. I don't want to wait til New year to see if everything's ok plus then I can tell family on Christmas Day, then run away back to our house haha!

I also suffer with long regular cycles 53-63 myself and dh are going to ttc at the end of december and haven been checking for ovulation. Does anyone with long cycles like me know if the ovulate?

Super cute photo Bailey! You're making my baby fever rage again ;) hehe

Linny - I have long cycles as well! AF typically will only show 2 or 3 times a year for me naturally. I'm taking an herb called vitex right now in hopes that it will shorten/regulate my stupid long cycles. I think I Od about 10 days ago...not 100% sure though....waiting to see if AF shows.

Kate - I thought I recognized those mountains! I'm from Manitoba....about an hour out of Winnipeg :)

Jess - Hope hour doing well. Where are you at in your cycle right now?

Bailey - she is adorable :) I just love baby photos!

Meep - who's baby are you holding in your photo?

AFM - nothing new.....just plugging along!

Bailey - yes! She's brilliant! I love her expression, absolutely hilarious.

I am having the freaky dreams too - last night, I was required to do some sort of cookery A level exam back at school, which was being moderated by Paul Hollywood - I love cooking and am generally good at it, so that was fine, but at the last minute while waiting to go in, I decided chilli was crap and I wanted to cook risotto. So I raced off in search of a Sainsburys and found one which had some of the stuff I needed, but no sage. So I raced off again and got totally lost and ended up in this mad little head shop begging the drug addict who ran it for sage leaves ... and he gave me a snake and some questionable foliage (definitely not sage) and a map to get back, painted on the pink shell of an indeterminate sea creature, but I was too late and Paul Hollywood sent these little Asian ninjas in bowler hats after me to tell me I had provisionally failed for not turning up and that my case would be reviewed ... woke up sweating like I'd run a marathon! It was fantastic!

Anyone else got a weird dream they'd care to share?

Bailey, I am terrified of doing it too. Seriously pooping my pants. I don't even know how to say it. At least you've already got Emilia as proof that you are doing a great job as a mum. Everyone will probably worry that I'll be useless. I'm scared of doing it around Christmas in case I ruin the festive season for everyone. I'll do it at New Year. Nobody likes New Year.

Tmb - it's my nephew (my sister's baby). He's heading for two now!

Thank s tmboo, im just a little anxious about it, im just not use to have irregular cycles, I would have had 32-37 day cyles I suffered a mc in nov 09 and feel pregnant in march having only one proper af in feb post mc and since having dd in dec ive had non existent af until this year and cycles now are 53-63. We are hoping to ttc last week dec first week if January and just hope im ovulating with the long cycles.

Thank you ladies for your supportive messages :flower: , I was having such a big downer yesterday but as of last night we are TTC again!!!

No pressure, no OPKs/charting just every other day BD while also keeping track of dieting/healthier eating.

I'm currently on cycle day 11, last cycle was 42/43 days long (I know long cycles but hoping will get bit better with dieting and vitamins) so thinking will O last week in month if cycles stay similar length.

Hey ladies

Linny hi and welcome, I can't help you with any advice about long cycles I'm afraid but I hope you manage to get to ttc from end of December Hun!

Tmb - thanks Hun, I am biased of course but I think she's gorgeous lol! She looks just like her dad and people keep saying things like "are you sure she's yours" to me and I'm like "yes I'm sure, I felt them yank her out of me" lol!

Meep - that's some weird dream lol! I've booked a private scan on 20th December now for when I'm 11 weeks + 2 so then I can tell people by giving them the scan photo, they can't really react negatively when they see that little baba can they? Plus I don't think I can cope going through the festive season not knowing if everything is ok.
Eurgh I feel sick again, I seem to be getting evening sickness at about 6pm these days. Must be linked to hunger coz I'm ready for my tea.

Jessica's mum that's fab Hun! Fingers crossed you catch that eggy first cycle!! Are you using opks or charting (sorry can't remember!).

Jessica's mum that's fab Hun! Fingers crossed you catch that eggy first cycle!! Are you using opks or charting (sorry can't remember!).

Thank you :flower: No we trying a more relaxed approach so no OPKs or charting just every other day BD and hope for the best :D

Thanks for the welcome baileybubs, I hope so too I think im due af in next few days and if cycles remain the same I should ov christmas week and hopefully get my bfp early jan.

Congratulations baileybub hope everything goes well on your scan and your rite no one could be negative about a baby precious little things.

meep- congratulations too hope all is well your in for a wonferful journey

Hello everyone-- my name is Jennifer and my husband and I will be trying to conceive starting in January as well! I'm excited to share and learn about your experiences! I use a device called the ladycomp for birth control -- it tracks my cycles and identifies fertile days and ovulation... I started taking rainbow light prenatal one-- which is organic and vegetarian friendly (we are vegetarians). I'm brand new to forums/message boards/baby sites, but I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->