Waiting till the new year - TTC January 2014!

Hi Jennifer and welcome! Glad you can join us (I was supposed to be ttc myself from January but I seem to have miscalculated my fertile days last month and am now already expecting lol!). Are you doing anything else in preparation for ttc? I was attempting to lose weight but managed to lose it then gain it again ooops!

Tmb any sign of AF yet Hun? How are you?

Jessica's mum how is the NTNP/relaxed ttc coming along, having lots of fun I hope :winkwink:

Meep how are you feeling my bump buddy? I was at work today (I work in healthcare) and some of the strong smells were making me gag!! I never ever gag so I'm wondering if I'm not going to be as lucky this pregnancy and I'm going to get MS this time!

Linny any signs of AF for you yet Hun?

Kate how are you doing Hun, is everything going well?

Is everybody looking forward to Christmas?

Lol! Congratulations! Thank you for the welcome! I've been using my ladycomp for over a year -- so as long as I pay attention to the red light days, I'm 99.3% not getting pregnant. :thumbup:

I'm pretty healthy overall, so I'm not really doing anything other than vitamins and continuing to exercise/eat lots of vegetables. My husband and I are going on vacation for Thanksgiving (our anniversary), and Christmas through New Year's... I guess that is sort of a preparation. :flower:

I've visited my doctor for a preconception appointment. I had spinal fusion surgery for scoliosis years ago, I wanted to make sure I was good to go in that regard and have blood work done (I'm mostly vegan, so I wanted to check on my iron and b12 absorption levels).

Mostly, I'm just excited to get the party started! :happydance:

That sounds great Jennifer so you are definately ready to go yay! Aw I hope you have a lovely pre-baby vacation! That will be nice to spend the time as a couple and think about the excitement of what's to come!

Bailey - I basically feel sick all the time now. Certain smells are bothering me but not to the point where I'm gagging, they just smell disgustingly rank. Foods are starting to taste very wrong too ... broccoli especially. It just tastes bitter!

I've hardly been online as I feel like shit. Nice one getting that early scan, I'm sure everyone will be pleased for you. I'm going to just wait it out though I think.

Linny, thanks! It's been fairly miserable so far!

Jennifer - welcome!!

Welcome Jennifer :D I too am a vegetarian, have been for over 13 years now, haven't heard of them vitamins will have to check them out. :)

Baileybubs, TTC going ok so far, just waiting for hubby to get home so can BD as trying to stick to every other day.

Meep, I remember when I was pregnant with my daughter I hated the smell of tea which I normally drink every day even more so now. Really strange isn't it how sensitive your smells are.

My df smokes (he did quit when we had Emilia but soon started again) and I cannot stand the smell! I used to smoke socially myself before we started ttc (2 years ago) but right now it makes me feel sick. So does the smell of cooked veg for some reason! But I love the smell of fresh bread and of coffee! I've just bought a large Yankee candle that's Christmas smells so hoping I like it rather than it making me gag lol!

I can feel the fatigue settling in now, I had a decent nights sleep last night and yet I've just put Emilia for a nap and decided I want one too! Now if only she would actually go to sleep then I would too lol!

Oooh get that hubby Jessica's mum!

Meep sorry you are feeling so poop Hun

:haha: baileybubs, I did in the end :winkwink:

Thankfully hubby quit smoking 5 months after we got together which I like to take credit for helping him quit, so he's been smoke free for 10 years now!

Heather - glad your DH quit smoking for you....mine is still a smoker and I hate the smell, even more so when pregnant. I don't want to push him to quit though because I know how hard it is :) When are you thinking your fertile day will be?

Bailey and Meep - sorry to hear your feeling sick and getting tired....Luckily it's all worth it in the end!

Jennifer - Welcome! We will be stating to try in January. This will be my 4th baby and my DH's 2....this will be the last for us both. Where are you guys planning your vacation? I'd love to go on vacation right about now!

Kate - how are you?

AFM - So it's looking like I didn't O 2 weeks ago as AF has not shown up yet. Sigh :( CD46 today so I'm felling a little frustrated. My temps were slighly elevated for a bit but seem to have come back down now....I guess I just have to try to remain patient and calm. The weather here is getting cold...we've got snow on the ground!

Just want to throw this out there....anyone interested in being Facebook friends (assuming you're all on there)? If you'd like to add me look me up.... Tasha Lappage email is [email protected]. Ill leave my info here for a day or two then I'm going to remove it.....add me if you'd like :)

I would tmb, I'm friends with quite a few people from bnb on fb now! It's great sometimes to put a face to the name lol! I'll have a look for you now, my profile pic is Emilia.

Think I found you, sent the request. My name isn't Bailey though lol, that's my dogs name who incidentally is the dog in my cover photo.

No af yet baileybubs but hoping its in the next two days, I thought I had ov symptoms 14 says ago fri so be nice to see if that may have been the case, im so irregular its hard to know x

meep I remember been really nauseous with dd couldn't decide wat to ea everything made me feel sick but after having the mc ( no preg symptoms)I took it too be more positive and I didn feel so bad cause it shows the pregnancy good and strong but it eventually goes away xx

B - you did find me :) I had a nurse with the same name as you when I had me first son....she kinda looked like you to! Ay chance you worked in Canada nearly 10 years ago? Lol

Linny - hope AF shows soon! How old is your DD?

Hi Ladies,

I've been busy the past few days... we hosted dinner parties both Sunday and Monday. Now, I'm soo exhausted!!

Welcome Jennifer! The vacations sound like fun! Where are you headed? My husband and I are going away for New Years too - we're renting a cabin in the mountains a few hours and will do some skiing, snowshoeing, drinking ;)

Tmb, I feel for you! The long irregular cycles must try on your patience! It's awesome that you're tracking though. You must know your body quite well then and it probably provides a bit of sanity! Linny, sounds like you have irregular cycles too?

Meep & Bailey, I love the updates on how you're feeling. I'm living vicariously through you both right now! :laugh2: And, I think I drank enough wine for both of you this weekend. Oh boy!

Nothing too exciting to report on my end. I'm just sooo tired from this weekend. My husband was awesome and helped with most of the cleaning while I did the cooking (he's a keeper). The first night, we had a couple from my work over. They have a 4 month old baby that I'm just smitten with. He was smiling and laughing most of the time. It was pretty cute to see our dog with him; when the baby was crying, Hank (our pup) was soo worried and unsure about the whole thing. Then seeing my husband with the baby... I'm just so ready to get started!! Guh. My AF is due next Monday and I'm still getting these odd sensations in my uterus. Sometimes they're like mini cramps, other times it feels like pressure or a fullness. It's odd. But, I'm sure my body is still sorting itself out after the mc. I'm also telling myself, I've been doing too much pilates. haha.

I can't wait to ttc. I'm in a better place then after my mc. I know this because I feel excited seeing you PG ladies and talking about it rather then scared or upset.

Woop bring on the crazy symptom spotting

:) We are going to the Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Jamaica & Key West for Thanksgiving week-- then to a cabin for Christmas. I can't wait!

Oooh Jennifer that sounds amazing! I'm jealous lol!

Apple I love listening to people symptom spot! Bring it on!

Ooh Kate I'm liking the sounds of those twinges, could be another bfp for this thread

Tmb lol no never been to Canada I'm afraid, maybe I have a doppelgänger lol!

Meep how you doing Hun? Who have you told already? Are you still waiting? We told parents, we got a mixture of shock but ok with it.

Linny I hope AF has shown for you so your cycles are more regular. Mine were haywire after my MC, I was ovulating on anything from cd16 to cd21 (which isn't too bad) and I actually conceived on the cycle that was longest with Emilia. This time round they had settled down to cd16 ovulating. Is your lp 14 days?

Heather - glad your DH quit smoking for you....mine is still a smoker and I hate the smell, even more so when pregnant. I don't want to push him to quit though because I know how hard it is :) When are you thinking your fertile day will be?

Yeah it was hard for hubby to quit and was pretty horrible to me when going through the process of quitting (the way he talked to me) but it was worth it in the end.
If my cycle is similar to last then around 27th November but I wont know for sure because of not using OPKs and my cycles are irregular just hope I actually do still ovulate.

Jen - so jeleous! I would love to get away for the holidays!

Apple - did you recently O? Feel free to share all your symptoms!

jessicasmum - it's mental, I can smell really ridiculous stuff from downstairs when I am upstairs. Stuff which I wouldn't usually notice unless I was actually there in the room. It's really annoying, because it's always gross smells I can detect. :|

Linny - I am trying to remember this and desperately telling myself that feeling awful is a good sign! I feel a little nervous as I had full on vomitous morning sickness with my first baby which ended in a MMC, and I haven't even been sick with this one, but my boobs are definitely still changing, so that's got to be some progress at work right? I hate my boobs so much right now. They've become two enormous misery points.

Kate - how I wish I could be drinking vast amounts of wine right now. So jealous. All I do is eat yoghurt.

Bailey - I can't believe you TOLD!!! Omg! Only my boyfriend and two of my friends (twin girls) know. They both seem mad pleased for me ... I told them on my birthday after they texted me, figuring they don't know any of my other friends and thus won't be able to tell anyone. What did your MIL say? And your parents??? Omg omg, I can't believe you told. I am still way too scared. Still waiting, for as long as I possibly can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->