Waiting to Ovulate...

I'm day 23 and have only been testing since day 16 but I'm sooo irregular I don't think I'd have ovulated before this! I don't know if I should be looking at something to regulate it?!?!

Here are my OPKs so far... todays is as dark as the first day I tested. Def not a BFP. Here's hoping tomorrow is darker! :thumbup:
OPK.jpg

got a very positive this morning...ovulating hopefully tomorrow, 5 days late! squeezed in one more dtd session which was a bit of a chore...we're once a month kinda people and just exhausted from a week of ttc sex (mostly for nothing as I didn't ovulate when expected)! haha! just hoping to see a nice rise in temps now and I'll be happy to know I'm working! lol!

Good Luck Reno! I'm still waiting for my positive OPK. I hope it happens soon!

got a very positive this morning...ovulating hopefully tomorrow, 5 days late! squeezed in one more dtd session which was a bit of a chore...we're once a month kinda people and just exhausted from a week of ttc sex (mostly for nothing as I didn't ovulate when expected)! haha! just hoping to see a nice rise in temps now and I'll be happy to know I'm working! lol!

Hi ladies, I've been searching through this site to find a thread where I can share my ovulation frustration !! Haha. This is only our 3rd month ttc and the last couple cycles since I got off the bcp have been around 32 days. Right now I am on CD 20 and still no positive opk !!!! I really thought I would have one by now.. The last two months we had stopped trying by this late because I thought I had od'ed before now..
Is anyone else driving themselves crazy with opk's ?? Haha. & I have been using the clear blue digital because I thought it would be easier to read but now I'm wishing I had a line to look at !! (Actually when you do take the test out of the digital case, there is a control line there but the box says not to pay attention to these lines.. Do you ladies have any experience with these test?)

I started testing at CD12 so I definitely don't think I missed it.. If you test everyday around the same time is it possible you could have missed it?

Also, this may be a stupid question but I need to ask it. Can you have a period if you don't ovulate ? Because to me it makes sense that you wouldn't have one with ovulation but again I'm not 100% sure.

We have been bd'ing around every second day just to be safe, so I'm hoping we still have a chance this month !!!

Thanks for reading ladies, any input is greatly appreciated :)

Baby dust to all !!!!

Wow! There are lots of us! I was getting so upset! I am day 23 tested my ovulation this morning and I thought it was positive! But then I did it again two hours or three later (I read that first thing isn't the best time to do it!!) and it was negative! Freaking hell! Ovulate already!!!!

I am on CD 21 and still no positive... Grr!

Anyway... I've been going crazy testing... I figure I should have a positive by tuesday or thursday at the latest. (I better!):wacko:

I've been using the IC sticks and they worked for me to conceive DS so I trust them. I like the line to look at so no smilies for me! :winkwink:

If you only test once a day it is possible to miss your LH surge. I usually test once a day in the late afternoon. When I get one that looks a little darker than the rest of the tests, I test the next morning as well as the evening so that I can see my peak surge.

Also, you can get your period without ovulating. It's called a Anovulatory cycle. You can google it to read up more on it.

I usually recommend using a basal thermometer as well as OPKs. By tracking your temperature pattern on a site such as fertility friend, you can get a confirmation that you did in fact ovulate when you got the positive OPKs.

Hope this answered some of your questions. Lots of :dust:

Hi ladies, I've been searching through this site to find a thread where I can share my ovulation frustration !! Haha. This is only our 3rd month ttc and the last couple cycles since I got off the bcp have been around 32 days. Right now I am on CD 20 and still no positive opk !!!! I really thought I would have one by now.. The last two months we had stopped trying by this late because I thought I had od'ed before now..
Is anyone else driving themselves crazy with opk's ?? Haha. & I have been using the clear blue digital because I thought it would be easier to read but now I'm wishing I had a line to look at !! (Actually when you do take the test out of the digital case, there is a control line there but the box says not to pay attention to these lines.. Do you ladies have any experience with these test?)

I started testing at CD12 so I definitely don't think I missed it.. If you test everyday around the same time is it possible you could have missed it?

Also, this may be a stupid question but I need to ask it. Can you have a period if you don't ovulate ? Because to me it makes sense that you wouldn't have one with ovulation but again I'm not 100% sure.

We have been bd'ing around every second day just to be safe, so I'm hoping we still have a chance this month !!!

Thanks for reading ladies, any input is greatly appreciated :)

Baby dust to all !!!!

Hey there Kristeeny,
Thanks so much ! You have some really great info here.
Tested today again and still nothing ! How long are your cycles usually ? & How long have you been ttc ?
& Yes, I am starting to really dislike this whole digital thing because I miss having the lines to look at and judge and keep track from day to day ! I think next cycle I may switch back. Do you order yours online ? I notice a lot of pictures people have are just the single strips. (& honestly, some of the brand name tests can run expensive after a while).. I have only been testing once a day (around 5;30 pm), so I am trying to convince myself maybe I did just miss my surge. We have still been bd'ing often just in case !!
Have you noticed that your lines do get darker before your positive ? Some ladies have said their's fades out and then bam, a positive.

I do find that it is stressful using these ! I don't want to scare away my o, haha.
& I did in fact read up upon the anovulatory cycle last night.. That is quite annoying.. Haha.

Thanks so much for all your great help ! Hopefully we get our o soon and then a bfp :)

Lots of baby dust to you all !

Newlyweds,

My cycles average 36/37 days but last month it was 46! :wacko: I am on CD 22 now and still no positive OPK, but I am starting to get some EWCM. :happydance:

This is our first cycle trying to conceive #2. It took us 9 months to conceive DS. With my cycles being so long, it took longer than we had expected.

I order my OPKs from https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/. I used them for DS and they worked well and were pretty cheap.

The only cycle that I have a picture of my OPKs from is the cycle we conceived DS. I attached a picture. Sorry it is so blurry. My camera phone from 2011 wasn't good. LOL.. but as you see. it did get a little darker a day before the positive.

Keep me posted on how your're doing! Lots of :dust:

Hey there Kristeeny,
Thanks so much ! You have some really great info here.
Tested today again and still nothing ! How long are your cycles usually ? & How long have you been ttc ?
& Yes, I am starting to really dislike this whole digital thing because I miss having the lines to look at and judge and keep track from day to day ! I think next cycle I may switch back. Do you order yours online ? I notice a lot of pictures people have are just the single strips. (& honestly, some of the brand name tests can run expensive after a while).. I have only been testing once a day (around 5;30 pm), so I am trying to convince myself maybe I did just miss my surge. We have still been bd'ing often just in case !!
Have you noticed that your lines do get darker before your positive ? Some ladies have said their's fades out and then bam, a positive.

I do find that it is stressful using these ! I don't want to scare away my o, haha.
& I did in fact read up upon the anovulatory cycle last night.. That is quite annoying.. Haha.

Thanks so much for all your great help ! Hopefully we get our o soon and then a bfp :)

Lots of baby dust to you all !

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 6
Hey ladies!!! Hope you get positive opks very soon. Im only on cd 11 but started to get watery cm, I've been taking inositol which is supposed to help with ovulation and fertility in women with PCOS so I'm just waiting to see if it shortens my cycle at all. I ovulated day 23 last month, but my cycles vary from 34 days to 60 odd days, so never really know when to expect O! I'm going to start on opks this week just incase, I doubt I'll ovulate early, to my knowledge I've never ovulated earlier than day 20 but I guess you never really know.

I was thinking about getting a clear blue fertility monitor but then thought with the amount of time id have to use sticks it would just cost me a fortune, plus apparently its not that accurate for women with pcos, so I'll stick with opks and cm checking.

Do any of you temp? I've started but I think Im giving up, at least for this cycle. I only managed 3 days, but it went from 36.40 to 36.61 and then yesterday was 36.18...I didn't think it was supposed to vary that much? I get woken up at different times by my son and sometimes wake up at 4am/5am, so the the different times are probably adding to the varying temps.

x

I am only cd9 but using opks now seeing a little progression but i cant see me ovulating anytime soon still.

Attachments

• 20130723_105658.jpg
    20130723_105658.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 12
Lh levels tend to fluctuate, so could be that. Guess all you can do is keep an eye on it, I think I might start testing today/tomorrow just incase.

I know, i hope it keeps rising and doesnt go back down i am trying to keep to testing to just once a day i think 2 times would be pointless at this point, i dont have any ewcm yet i did have a little yesterday but it quickly changed.

Hello ladies, I'm think I got a positive opk today. I have long cycles but wasnt expecting a + till weekend. Im going mental here trying to post my picture on here to see what you ladies think but my stupid phone wont let me. Is it possible I could email my pictures to one of you lovely ladies to put it on here so I can see whay you think. Hope you dont mind me asking thank you xx.

Hello ladies, I'm think I got a positive opk today. I have long cycles but wasnt expecting a + till weekend. Im going mental here trying to post my picture on here to see what you ladies think but my stupid phone wont let me. Is it possible I could email my pictures to one of you lovely ladies to put it on here so I can see whay you think. Hope you dont mind me asking thank you xx.

if you download the photobucket app you can upload it to there, then paste the link!?

whoops just realised I don't belong in this thread anymore! I FINALLY ovulated 5 days late, and am now 3DPO! Not too sure when to expect AF now, as surely a 9 day LP would be too short?

Since I had EWCM last night I decided to test this morning. Still a BFN. Hopefully this afternoon's will be darker!

Congrats on the O Reno LOL.

Stircrazy - the way I post pics is email them to myself from my phone, then save it to my computer and upload it from there. Good luck. If it doesn't work, you're welcome to email me. Enclosed is a pic of my my last +opk so you can see what you're looking for. The test line must be as dark or darker than the control.

Attachments

• LH2.jpg
    LH2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 5
Thank you. Finaly figured out how to post pictures but this site wont let me lol apparently I need to
Post 10 posts or more !!. I think its positive, both lines was.same colour last night and this morning test line was darker then control line. As the day has gone on i'be done a few more tests and the test line is.starting to fade.going to dtd over the next few days anyway. Good luck to you all and thank you all for your advise( no doubt i'll be back) xx

Hi there, how is everyone doing ?
Good luck to all the ladies that are still waiting on their positive opk ! I am getting frustrated with these little inventions !! Haha. I am on CD 22 (The last 3 cycles since I got off my bcp have been 32 days), So I really expected my o by now. No EWCM either so I think either it just didn't happen this month or that it did and I missed my surge..
Good luck all !! We should all keep bd'ing just to be safe :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->