Waiting to Ovulate...

Hey again,
Kristeeny - I don't temp so I am really just basing it on the opk's.. I got a positive yesterday at 4:00pm and tonight at 8:00pm (I try to test the same time but I was late getting home today), it was a negative then. (But my urine wasn't as concentrated as it has been).. So I am thinking that I did o today since it seems that my surge is gone. We bd'ed last night, the night before, and hopefully will again tonight too so I think we should definitely cover all bases.
Best of luck to you !!! I will join your thread for sure :) I am going to try to hold off on testing until at least 12 dpo, unless af shows up before then (which I really hope not !!!!!) This is my first confirmed tww so I am pretty excited about it !

& To all the other ladies out there - Your o will come !!! I was completely losing hope and ready to run to the hospital for fertility drugs, but I actually think that I was prolonging my o by worrying about when it was going to show up. So stay positive & keep bd'ing, because you never know when it will arrive !!!!

BABY DUST TO ALL !

I tested this morning and it still was positive. This evening it was as dark as the control. So my surge has already peaked and I should have O'd earlier today.

I don't know how long I'll be able to hold out testing!

On a down note, I might be getting a UTI. :nope: A downside to all that BDing.

Hey again,
Kristeeny - I don't temp so I am really just basing it on the opk's.. I got a positive yesterday at 4:00pm and tonight at 8:00pm (I try to test the same time but I was late getting home today), it was a negative then. (But my urine wasn't as concentrated as it has been).. So I am thinking that I did o today since it seems that my surge is gone. We bd'ed last night, the night before, and hopefully will again tonight too so I think we should definitely cover all bases.
Best of luck to you !!! I will join your thread for sure :) I am going to try to hold off on testing until at least 12 dpo, unless af shows up before then (which I really hope not !!!!!) This is my first confirmed tww so I am pretty excited about it !

& To all the other ladies out there - Your o will come !!! I was completely losing hope and ready to run to the hospital for fertility drugs, but I actually think that I was prolonging my o by worrying about when it was going to show up. So stay positive & keep bd'ing, because you never know when it will arrive !!!!

BABY DUST TO ALL !

My average is 35 days, but I've gone as long as 46 to skipping a cycle, my LMP was july 4th. I've NEVER been this irregular, ever. So according to my ovuline app I'm in my fertile days...I was using FF but it had me ovulating 8 days after my period, yeah that's so not right. So me and the hubby have been doing the BD as Often as we can, been trying for a couple years, hopefully we get our BFP soon. Good luck everyone baby dust to all!!!

I tested this morning and it still was positive. This evening it was as dark as the control. So my surge has already peaked and I should have O'd earlier today.

Kristeeny please help...how do you know you O'd?? I got a bunch of positives early yesterday morning [wondfo, clearblue, clearblue digital advanced]. This morning my clearblue Ovulation was back to blank O but my wondfo's are still super positive...I'm trying to figure out if I O'd yet...

Is it 12-36 hours after the first or last LH surge?

Thanks!

Attachments

• positives.jpg
    positives.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 6
You ovulate 12-36 hours after your first positive usually (I think).

This cycle I had positive OPKS all about the same darkness AM&PM CD@25 and AM CD 26. It was much lighter/negative PM CD26.

I would guess I ovulated AM CD 26. Which would be 24 hours after the first positive so it sounds about right.

I confirm I ovulated by temping.

If you had positives on everything yesterday, and this morning only a positive on one OPK, I'd say you most likely just ovulated. Get busy BDing! :thumbup:

Kristeeny please help...how do you know you O'd?? I got a bunch of positives early yesterday morning [wondfo, clearblue, clearblue digital advanced]. This morning my clearblue Ovulation was back to blank O but my wondfo's are still super positive...I'm trying to figure out if I O'd yet...

Is it 12-36 hours after the first or last LH surge?

Thanks!

You ovulate 12-36 hours after your first positive usually (I think).

This cycle I had positive OPKS all about the same darkness AM&PM CD@25 and AM CD 26. It was much lighter/negative PM CD26.

I would guess I ovulated AM CD 26. Which would be 24 hours after the first positive so it sounds about right.

I confirm I ovulated by temping.

If you had positives on everything yesterday, and this morning only a positive on one OPK, I'd say you most likely just ovulated. Get busy BDing! :thumbup:

OK thanks! I've heard conflicting theories on O being from the first or last opk...honestly that makes all the difference! I just read fertility friend again and it also mentioned you ovulate from the first pos opk as well so I think I'm all set this month! Been BDing from 7/25-7/28...now comes the tww once again lol.

Good luck to you too!

Hey Kristeeny, Just wondering how you have been doing ! I had no luck last month and right now I am back in the "waiting to ovulate" phase, haha. But I will be at CD 18 tomorrow, so I am slowly getting closer. I've been testing since CD 11 just incase my body decided to go back to my old 28 days, but no such luck. I am using the internet cheapies now and I still feel like I'm unsure if they're good enough, but I know the other ones are just done up in fancy cases and overpriced..
Did you have any luck last time? If not, where are you to in your cycle now??
Hope all is well :)

Hope you don't mind me jumping in! I have short 25 day cycles but was supposed to ovulate yesterday (CD12) but no signs so I'm technically waiting to ovulate (or maybe more HOPING to ovulate). First month temping!!

Newlyweds,

I'm doing well. I had a nice long 39 day cycle. (On par for average) :nope:

This cycle I've had a ton of EWCM the past few days. I've never had it this early. I tested this morning and evening and both OPKs were positive. (I always use ICs and they've been accurate) :happydance: I still can't believe it. I've never had one even remotely close to this early before (I am on CD 16) I am curious to see if my temping confirms ovulation.

Keep me posted on how you're doing! :flower:

Hey Kristeeny, Just wondering how you have been doing ! I had no luck last month and right now I am back in the "waiting to ovulate" phase, haha. But I will be at CD 18 tomorrow, so I am slowly getting closer. I've been testing since CD 11 just incase my body decided to go back to my old 28 days, but no such luck. I am using the internet cheapies now and I still feel like I'm unsure if they're good enough, but I know the other ones are just done up in fancy cases and overpriced..
Did you have any luck last time? If not, where are you to in your cycle now??
Hope all is well :)

Welcome Mom5285,

Wow 25 day cycles. My last one was about double that! Lol

Good luck temping. I have found it extremely helpful. Are you using OPKs?

Lots of :dust:

Hope you don't mind me jumping in! I have short 25 day cycles but was supposed to ovulate yesterday (CD12) but no signs so I'm technically waiting to ovulate (or maybe more HOPING to ovulate). First month temping!!

Hi Mom 5384, Wow that must be awesome to have such short cycles !! How many months have you been ttc ? This is our 4th month trying and my 2nd month using opk's, but I do find them super helpful. Baby dust to you !!!

Kristeeny - That is fantastic !!!!! CD 16 is so good for people like us who have longer cycles. Congrats !! Get bd'ing ! I am on CD 18 now, and yesterday my test looked like it was getting darker so today I figured I would test twice. At 1pm today it looked definitely dark, but still not completely darker (so I did a test on the clearblue digital and that said neg, but that was what I had suspected anyways), so do you think this means I should o soon though ?? Hopefully ! If I do tomorrow then CD19 will definitely be a record for me as well haha.
Goodluck !!

Newlyweds,

If its darker that is definitely a good. sign. :thumbup:

I hope I have my temp increase tomorrow. It'd definably be a record for me.

Keep me posted! :flower:

Hi Mom 5384, Wow that must be awesome to have such short cycles !! How many months have you been ttc ? This is our 4th month trying and my 2nd month using opk's, but I do find them super helpful. Baby dust to you !!!

Kristeeny - That is fantastic !!!!! CD 16 is so good for people like us who have longer cycles. Congrats !! Get bd'ing ! I am on CD 18 now, and yesterday my test looked like it was getting darker so today I figured I would test twice. At 1pm today it looked definitely dark, but still not completely darker (so I did a test on the clearblue digital and that said neg, but that was what I had suspected anyways), so do you think this means I should o soon though ?? Hopefully ! If I do tomorrow then CD19 will definitely be a record for me as well haha.
Goodluck !!

Tested again tonight and it seemed slightly lighter... Hmmm ! Our bodies are a mystery.. I'm thinking maybe it was darker earlier because it was so concentrated.. But some people's do get lighter before they get positive ? Frustrating !! Haha.
I like to be able to see the lines so I can try to figure it out and see where I'm at in my cycle, but at least with the clear blue digital they give you a yes or no answer haha.
& I will keep my fingers crossed for you !!

I got a very light OPK the day before my positive so you never know :winkwink:

Hi there, sorry for the delay Kristeeny ! I haven't been around the computer, but YES, I DID GET MY POSITIVE OPK !!! I got it yesterday around 12pm, so that was CD20 for me which is much better than last month !!!!!!
Did you get your temp change ? We must be good luck to each other !!!! Haha
I am sooo excited to be coming into the tww, because then I feel hopeful unlike when I am waiting to o.
I got my positive the 27th and we bd'ed the 26th,27th and will hopefull bd again tonight and tomorrow night... so that is about as much as we can do for this month haha.
I tested again today at 12pm and my test was negative, so when would you count 1dpo, would it be today or tomorrow ?
Thanks !! Keep me updated !!! :)

Newlyweds,

Yay for the positive OPK! :happydance:

You ovulate 12-36 hours after a positive OPK. (usually) So it would depend if you caught your positive OPK on the way up or down. Lets say you caught it on the way up. You would have ovulated today in that case and tomorrow you'd be 1 DPO.

Are you temping? Temping would give us a better idea of when you ovulated.

Yes I did get my temp shift. :) I'm hoping I can hold out testing til the 8th but I will most likely cave before then

Hi there, sorry for the delay Kristeeny ! I haven't been around the computer, but YES, I DID GET MY POSITIVE OPK !!! I got it yesterday around 12pm, so that was CD20 for me which is much better than last month !!!!!!
Did you get your temp change ? We must be good luck to each other !!!! Haha
I am sooo excited to be coming into the tww, because then I feel hopeful unlike when I am waiting to o.
I got my positive the 27th and we bd'ed the 26th,27th and will hopefull bd again tonight and tomorrow night... so that is about as much as we can do for this month haha.
I tested again today at 12pm and my test was negative, so when would you count 1dpo, would it be today or tomorrow ?
Thanks !! Keep me updated !!! :)

Hi ladies...I've been stalking this thread and hope it's ok if I join. I have a funny feeling that my body is trying to ovulate but hasn't as of yet...what do you think? I THOUGHT the one on the 24th FMU was a +OPK but now I'm not so sure.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 7
The one on the 24th does seem the darkest but not positive.

How long are your cycles normally?

Do you temp?

Hi ladies...I've been stalking this thread and hope it's ok if I join. I have a funny feeling that my body is trying to ovulate but hasn't as of yet...what do you think? I THOUGHT the one on the 24th FMU was a +OPK but now I'm not so sure.

Normally I'm between 25-29 days. When I saw the doctor she said that she expected me to ovulate by the 25th. I don't temp but I may need to start. It looks to me like my body is TRYING to ovulate but hasn't as of yet. The 24th would be CD 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->