Walgreen's brand OPK - CD10 - help pls.

Mintastic

Reaction score
https://s14.postimg.org/4ndgzb5ip/tmp_5279_IMG_20140803_084925391_HDR_1027628952.jpg
image hosting 5mb

So I know this isn't positive but here's the problem:
My cycle is irregular - last month I never got one of these to look totally positive - even on the day I got a positive on an FR digi.
I got that positive last month on CD23. This month I have a pack of CB digis but there are only 10 in the box and I am not sure when to start using them.

Even though it is not positive, isn't that line a bit dark for CD10 if I wasn't going to O until around CD23 again? Could it mean I am going to O earlier this cycle?
I started taking vitex and B vitamins. I also just started temping so I can't confirm O last month with temps.
Thoughts? Does it look close or is it possible I still have 2 weeks to go? When should I start taking the digis?
TIA.

Mintastic
that looks pretty close to positive to me... I would say tonight or in the am would be positive
I usually test a two/three times a day when I think my surge is coming - but I am an early O person with short 23-24 day cycles... and my surge last right at 24 hours... so I could miss it only testing once a day

sorry I don't have better advise!!!

Good luck!

Thanks Wish - I thought it looked close too but I was questioning things since it seemed way too early - this is my third cycle off BC - my first was 34days and my next was 29days with +OPK on cd23. I did start the vitex and b vitamins this month though so maybe they did something.

yes vitex and vitamin B could be at work here - I have heard lots of good things about both...

it does seem early - but with you just coming off bc - your body is trying to adjust... I would just keep taking your vitamins and temping...and getting in the :spermy:
who knows this may be YOUR month!!! FX FX

I think it looks pretty positive to me. Definitely couldn't hurt to DTD :thumbup:

It certainly looks close Mint! I'd be breaking out those digis and BDing! x

I agree with the others, get bd'ing Mint! I'm not sure my opks ever get quite fully positive either, but when I'm seeing progression that means it can't be too far off. I'd call mine positive when it's like one shade darker than yours, even if it's not the same as the control line. Better to bd a lot and have it be a false alarm than miss it altogether.

Thanks Loobs and Mia! I am still in shock that it was so dark this early! And we just bought a bottle of wine...which I usually would only have early in my cycle when there is near zero chance. D'oh!

Have the wine - enjoy! People get pregnant all the time after a boozy night out etc, go for it! x

Yes enjoy the wine - after 20+ cycles of this - I have learned that you can't keep putting off life while TTC...

FX
:hugs:

that's looking really close mint! grab your husband, have a few glasses or wine, and get to baby making!!

Thanks for the advice everyone.

An update:
The day before this one I had gotten another pretty dark but not all the way positive on a Walgreen's strip but I ignored it since it was so early.
Later yesterday I did try a digi but I think my pee was too diluted and it came up negative. Yesterday pm I tried another Walgreen's - negative. This morning I did a Walgreen's and a digi - both negative. We did manage to BD yesterday afternoon so if that was my surge I hope we caught it.

I am still feeling pretty confused and not sure if I should keep using the digis or assume that was my surge and save the rest of the pack for next month...

Has your cervical fluid dried up or do you still have wet quality CF? If it's dried it is safe to assume you already O'd. If it's still wet/egg white I'd keep on BDing every other day just in case you didn't O yet.

Also, since both OPKs this morning were negative (with what I'm assuming was at least a 4 hour hold/more concentrated urine), I'd say you probably O'd.

Looks like the vitex and b vitamins are doing their job :thumbup:

Thanks! Yeah it was a little over a 4 hour hold. I woke up a little before 2am to pee and took OPKs around 6am.

TMI answer... I think maybe I had a bit of egg white left but not totally sure since obscured by semen.

Thanks! Yeah it was a little over a 4 hour hold. I woke up a little before 2am to pee and took OPKs around 6am.

TMI answer... I think maybe I had a bit of egg white left but not totally sure since obscured by semen.

HA I know what you mean! If you can, keep up the BD every other day just in case.

:dust:

I'm with starluck, if you keep seeing more ewcm then keep bd'ing. Any chance you can post your temping chart in your signature? We could try and see if there's an O pattern in your temps.

I only started charting this cycle so I doubt patterns exist yet
but here it is:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/50c628/ttc.png

I wonder if today is O day. You should hopefully be able to tell if you get a temp jump tomorrow.
But you never know too, if this seems really early for O you could've geared up but still won't O until later. Hopefully tomorrow's temp will help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->