Warning All Pregnant Women: Miscarriages From H1N1 Vaccine As High As 3,587 Cases

I think one of the key things that people have to realize, especially when they are a lay-person trying to understand any sort of study is that correlation does not prove causation. This is a basic principle of how science is conducted. This is why real science requires things such as randomized tests, control groups and fun things like p-values. Simply pulling up one set of stats and drawing a casual relationship to another set is misleading. I can give you stats saying drowning increases in the summer and another saying ice cream consumption increases in summer but that doesn't mean eating an ice cream cone increases your chance of drowning.

I think one of the key things that people have to realize, especially when they are a lay-person trying to understand any sort of study is that correlation does not prove causation. This is a basic principle of how science is conducted. This is why real science requires things such as randomized tests, control groups and fun things like p-values. Simply pulling up one set of stats and drawing a casual relationship to another set is misleading. I can give you stats saying drowning increases in the summer and another saying ice cream consumption increases in summer but that doesn't mean eating an ice cream cone increases your chance of drowning.

very good example! thanks x

I'm not trying to be argumentative or sarcastic but I have heard that you should avoid swimmnig on a full stomach because it could cause stomach cramps which, potentially, could cause drowning.

Just wanted to point out there has never been a case of drowning caused by a full stomach + cramps associated documented, anywhere. :p

To add, I HATE vaxs. Not because I think it causes autism, etc. I have many other reasons I don't agree w/most vaccines and don't want to type it all out right now. I assume many pro vax think I am trying to avoid autism (example) which honestly makes me look foolish. It's some of the anti vax community that makes someone like me look like I base my research off evidence that is blatantly wrong.
it's like the above post...there has NEVER been a documented case of anyone drowning because of a full stomach and cramps but it says,
I have heard that you should avoid swimmnig on a full stomach because it could cause stomach cramps which, potentially, could cause drowning.
Really? Maybe you should avoid it because it could reduce your comfort level BUT it's not going to cause you to die and that's realistic.
When I tell someone I don't vaccinate I don't want them assuming I am trying to avoid something that has never been scientifically proven because of myths out there that some anti vax groups promote.

I don't belive vaccinations cause Autsim. Having worked with autistic children and looking at how they developed as young babies. The signs are all there. But so small they dont have any significance until the child is other and they begin to interact with other children. Then all the signs come together to form a bigger picture. My friends son has Austim. She didn't give him any vaccinations yet he still had autsim. Which means he was born with it. It just so happens when children do have the vaccinations it is around the same time they begin to interact with others and the signs appear
xx

Just wanted to point out there has never been a case of drowning caused by a full stomach + cramps associated documented, anywhere. :p

To add, I HATE vaxs. Not because I think it causes autism, etc. I have many other reasons I don't agree w/most vaccines and don't want to type it all out right now. I assume many pro vax think I am trying to avoid autism (example) which honestly makes me look foolish. It's some of the anti vax community that makes someone like me look like I base my research off evidence that is blatantly wrong.
it's like the above post...there has NEVER been a documented case of anyone drowning because of a full stomach and cramps but it says,
I have heard that you should avoid swimmnig on a full stomach because it could cause stomach cramps which, potentially, could cause drowning.
Really? Maybe you should avoid it because it could reduce your comfort level BUT it's not going to cause you to die and that's realistic.
When I tell someone I don't vaccinate I don't want them assuming I am trying to avoid something that has never been scientifically proven because of myths out there that some anti vax groups promote.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I had only HEARD that swimming on a full stomach COULD potentially cause drowning. I have never read about it myself and I have never seen it so, you're probably right, it's probably unlikely. Anyway, I was only trying to point out that vaccine reactions can happen just like, maybe, it's a good idea of avoid swimming on a full stomach because drowning COULD potentially happen. I agree wtih your no vax argument.

An interesting video (it comes in 3 sections)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Nx9FufpXX4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->