"Was it planned?"

I think it is a typical 'generic' question people ask when conversing about a new pregnancy- especially when it is too early to ask the gender etc, but I would still be affronted by it, even though we have been trying for 14mths

Yikes! I don't think I would ask someone that. Now I'm afraid I'll be getting that question. I would want to yell YES it took 4 months! :haha:

People sometimes! Geez!

The best one for me was. I split with DD's Dad, and I started seeing someone from work, we where together almost 6 months, and I got PG, I had been totally faithful to him, and when I told one of my close friends, Their 1st question was 'Who's the dad?' I was shocked! They knew I was with My Bf, and not DD's dad. I was livid...Do I have slapper written across my forehead?

Dont get me wrong, yes, it was too quick, yes it was only once, and yes the gobs**te didn't stand by me, But I am going to have 2 beautiful babies to bring up and can truthfully say I did it on my own and I'm proud! (Sorry for the slight OT!) xx

I personally wouldn't ask it unless it was a very close friend or family member. They might as well say "Did the condom split?"! But i've been asked it a few times. I think it is just a generic question and although people are just genuinely interested and mean no harm, it is a little intrusive!

We're not married yet, so we have more of a 'taboo' for people to natter about! :haha: It's amazing how many people are still so traditional that it offends them.

I personally wouldn't ask it unless it was a very close friend or family member. They might as well say "Did the condom split?"! But i've been asked it a few times. I think it is just a generic question and although people are just genuinely interested and mean no harm, it is a little intrusive!

We're not married yet, so we have more of a 'taboo' for people to natter about! :haha: It's amazing how many people are still so traditional that it offends them.

this is exactly the answer ive been giving :happydance:

Hahaha! I might try it... be fun to see their faces :winkwink: x

agreed! so silly that the whole marriage before babies thing is even an issue. OH and I are married but we were TTC before we even got engaged. My dad brought it up and I thought hmm, him and my mother weren't married before they had their first! :haha:

I had multiple doctors ask me, both at the clinic and at the actual dr office. I think there concern is how we feel mentally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->