Waters breaking question

Clartylou

Mummy to Samuel, Pgt no#2
Reaction score
Hi all

I was wondering if my waters break as H is heading off to work, do I get him to phone in and say he won't be in that day or do I send him off to work?

H doesn't drive and is car sharing with a work colleague. If I have to call him back from work he will have to either get a train then bus to the house or get a taxi. We live 22 miles from his work, so the taxi will cost a few ££, but will be quicker than the bus/train option.

However, is there any point keeping him home if it could be hours/days before I go into labour?

Cx

I will be sending my hubby off to work he doesnt drive either ....he as 25 pound in his work bag for taxi so he can come home if needed x

Hmmm, im not sure! My OH works local but he's the only manager in til the 18th may (3 days before DD) so would have to wait for someone else to arrive before he could leave!

His work is on way to hospital so i could get him on the way!

I would make sure he had cash on him incase he has to get a taxi or train quickly x

Thanks serina27, we're going to look into the cost of fixed rate taxi's. H works for a bank so can get the ££ out before the taxi arrives if that is the option we go for.

Cx

I'd send mine to work.
We've had a lot of days wasted where hes come with me to the hospital and it's turned out to be nothing!

Only time I'd get him to stay is if it was a big gush and no mistaking it was my waters and if I was getting contractions with it.

I would be inclined to send him unless accompanied by pains x

I would send mine to work only because he will lose more £ if it was a false alarm. Think he will be more stressed when I go into labour that he is better out the way in the early stages to be honest so I can deal with it as best I can until I feel it is time to go to hospital. Because I have Strep B I do have to get to hospital quite soon to start the antibiotics anyway but have still got to double check that with midwife

I would make my DH stay home with me! LOL.....

I'm sure he would stay home without me asking anyway, he's so excited about this!

xx

It depends, would you have someone else who could go with you?
Not time to be on your own i think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"