We Waited-It-Out Successfully!

Haha brilliant. I certainly got extra baby cuddles last night. 6 of them to be exact.

We are having sleep disaster at the moment I I'm feeling so frustrated and need some encouragement. She's teething badly and getting over a cold and her long sleep has gone now and we are back to one and half to two hourly wake ups. My milk is really low now so its just comfort feeds but I can't get her to sleep by herself at all she will cry for two hours then I give up. I'm so tired :(

:hugs:merri:hugs:

I hope she gets those teeth and gets over her cold very soon. It's so hard when we get used to some sleep and then it gets taken away again. :(

Its so hard. I keep thinking I broke her through bad parenting why does she hate sleeping so much won't she be damaged by this sleep deprivation?!?!

Definitely no bad parenting! You are doing an awesome job! Some kiddos just take longer to start sleeping well. :hugs: It'll come. I promise.

Its so hard. I keep thinking I broke her through bad parenting why does she hate sleeping so much won't she be damaged by this sleep deprivation?!?!

Don't think that! It's the opposite of bad parenting. You've gone to every cry when she's needed you at night, you've fed her whenever she was hungry in the night ... I bet at times this has been hourly. You've done nothing but meet her needs.

You're doing great, we all have days it seems it will never get better but it will!

Soooooo yesterday I took the side off my LOs cot.

At 1am I was screwing it back on. What a mistake :dohh: :rofl:

Soooooo yesterday I took the side off my LOs cot.

At 1am I was screwing it back on. What a mistake :dohh: :rofl:

I'm hoping my LO is still sleeping in his cot at 7 :rofl:

That's one transition I do NOT look forward to!

I do not know what I was thinking, she just loves getting into and being in her bed right now (thank God!), but obviously loves bed when she can't get out !!! Haha

Partly glad I tried it so now I can curb my enthusiasm for a long time as she's so not ready! Tonight it took 3 minutes to fall asleep with the side on, thankful I didn't mess her up, but just thinking why did I even bother !

Oh I've often read threads where people said how much better their toddlers sleep in toddler beds so I've actually been tempted to take the side off myself. I can see why you tried!

Problem is my LO doesn't sleep well at all (I mean he doesn't sleep well anyways but multiply that by 10!) If he's not in a sleeping bag so I'd have to wean him off that first and actually that is that I find the most daunting.

I even left her in her sleeping bag as I dont have a duvet for her. What a knob. She was crawling round upstairs in her bag :dohh:

Well I tried it, won't be doing it again! Ha

Partly it was because my mum said she needs to have no nap and be in a bed now, and I listened.

She had no nap yesterday, overtired mess and the new found freedom. Well she's going to nap and stay in her cage for months yet!!

Oh I've often read threads where people said how much better their toddlers sleep in toddler beds so I've actually been tempted to take the side off myself. I can see why you tried!

Problem is my LO doesn't sleep well at all (I mean he doesn't sleep well anyways but multiply that by 10!) If he's not in a sleeping bag so I'd have to wean him off that first and actually that is that I find the most daunting.
I was one of those people! I moved my LO to a toddler bed only because we needed the cot for baby and to my shock he took to it like a dream. He was a sleeping bag addict too, wouldn't even tolerate a light sheet, but somehow it was all different once he went into the Big Boy Bed, and now he insists on a sheet AND duvet even in 30C weather! :dohh:

OMG Sue!! :rofl: At least you can say you tried!!

Molly has slept so so so badly for the past three nights. Thursday and Friday she was waking up every half hour to an hour, then last night she did have a couple of 3 hours stretches. She refused to nap at all yesterday, so was awake from 8 am, and she fell asleep in her high chair half way through eating her dinner. At 5.30 pm. So I had to skip her bath, quickly give her a wipe over with a baby wipe and put her pj's on and bundle her off to bed. She had me up at just before 4 am this morning, which is all well and good seeing as she went to bed super early, but I didn't get to bed until just gone midnight as I had my friend over for dinner (she brought wine with her thankfully). I'd hinted that I needed to get to bed at a reasonable time as Molly would probably have a mega early sttart, and she assured me she wouldn;t stay late. She left at 11.30pm :dohh: :nope:

So. bloody. tired. :sleep:

Hi all. WIO has seemed to be a success for us ☺️ Took a while of doing the gradual retreat and changing from him napping during the day in his cot to letting him nap on the sofa but Aiden now self settles every night and nap. He sleeps 11-12 hours a night waking at 7 (no more 5.30am get ups) and has a 1.5-2 hour nap around lunch time. This has been consistent for well over a month now. Ds2, 3 weeks old is a good sleeper at the moment, only waking for 2 night feeds.

Next hurdle though is moving Aideb into his new bedroom when baby moves into the nursery lol

Sezzolou (that just autocorrected to sexology :rofl: ) ..... How great is that!!! I bet you're so rested now with the new little one sleeping so well. Got my finger crossed for you that it lasts, you certainly deserve it!

M is sleeping well too (apart from the whole side of cot incident, we'll just forget that ever happened) and it is nice to feel a bit more rested...incase she starts getting up again!

Thanks for the encouragement ladies :) I needed it. I know I'm doing what is best for her she will get there one day. Sezzlou you give me renewed hope!.
Sue88 can't even imaging taking side off our cot! Yikes maybug rolls around so much and now she can sit up (took her time!) It would be a disaster! Nope she's in that thing until she can climb out lol!
Let's hope tonight is good or better for everyone xxx:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"