weaning

purple_kiwi

Reaction score
i see lots of people weaning at many different ages it seems. so when did you wean? and why at that age? also what stly of weaning did you choose?

i really wanna do blw so im waiting till 6 months.

I`m waiting till 6 months unless Quin`s doctor says other wise :)

have you decided onhow to wean yet? im worried ill be yelled at for blw lol.

I weaned at 5months 10days.

On advice from my GP though as he'd dropped more than half of his daily intake of milk.

I've done traditional weaning, he's spoonfed and perfectly happy with it.

I would have loved to do BLW but im going back to works in a few weeks and it just wouldnt be practical .

Its each to their own, I think my LO was ready anyway.

Sorry if i sound stupid - but what is blw ??lol x

I would have loved to do BLW but im going back to works in a few weeks and it just wouldnt be practical .

You just copied my post? :wacko:

wtf lol. i was like i swear i jsut read that ahaha.

im waiting untill 6 months unless alice is ready before then but personally i cant see it shes not a big fan of food lol.

amber 4months, she went on to hungry baby milk at 2wk old, she took interested rather early. I should add shes 2 & bit and loves food, only thing she dont like is jelly.
hollie start 4 & half month she cut down on her milk but shes never been huge fan of it tbh, she took huge interest in me eating, she took to it like a duck to water, when she see's me walk in with bowl of her food her face lights up starts getting really excited.

im afraid my docotr will get mad. just because i dont think blw is as popular in canada. i think baby jar food looks nasty thats why im leaning more towards blw.

im going to start maisie at around 4 months, shes been on extra hungry baby milk since she was about 4 weeks and she takes about 240ml now and is still hungry shes just far too greedy!!! x x

wtf lol. i was like i swear i jsut read that ahaha.

im waiting untill 6 months unless alice is ready before then but personally i cant see it shes not a big fan of food lol.

:rofl::rofl:
i did actually lol at that...right down to the typo lol!
Well we first started tommy on purees at around 5 n half month, and tried him on finger foods. Tbh he wasnt too fussed with any of it and then i was ill for a few weeks and totallyy unable to feed him and he didnt care :shrug:
I figured as he didnt care he didnt need it or want and we'd wait...we only started properly again yesterday!
i know it might seem late but im so glad we did, its suited him perfectly, hes wolfing down purees and finger food like mad, but he made no fuss when he wasnt.
Im going for a combined approach, he has a puree for breakfast, finger foods to play with and try and eat for lunch, and puree for dinner xxx

im afraid my docotr will get mad. just because i dont think blw is as popular in canada. i think baby jar food looks nasty thats why im leaning more towards blw.

its not too bad actually, a bit bland but that it really...i make a point of trying anything i give him first xxx

I weaned Robyn at 4 months, she stopped putting on as much weight, and she was constantly feeding, all the time. So with the advice of our health visitor, we started weaning her.

xoxox

Started weaning Grace about 2 weeks before she was 6 months, and even then it was a very slow approach...shes never been a huge eater tbh, she is getting better now though!

Theo was aboutt 5 months I think, hes now on 3 meals, hes just a little food machine!!!

They're both traditionally weaned with finger foods added in too :) works well for us!

x

strips of cucumber and banana etc are quite good but theyr a bit difficult for him to grip - he loves banana tho...
we've bought the organix carrot sticks and heainz biscotti as well which he LOVES lol
the odd unsalted chip, toast etc xxx

Theo has had toast, cucumber, cheese spread sandwich cut up into small pieces, carrot stick, red pepper & banana, think thats it so far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->