Webbykins' NTNP Journal

Well ladies. My pregnancy has just been confirmed at the docs. My urine test results came back positive (obviously) so I'm now awaiting a call from the community midwife.

Although, going by my LMP I'm currently 7 weeks... but I'm pretty sure I'll be 5 weeks on Sunday. This could pose problems but it could mean I get a scan earlier. The leaflet says I should be called by the midwife within a week to book my 'booking in' appointment for 8-10 weeks pregnant... do you see my flaw yet? They will assume I am 8 weeks next week so will end up seeing me two weeks early.

Feels very real now.. Matt's told me he wants to talk when he gets back from college - last time he said that we had lost the house so I hope this is better news...

I'm making a lovely baked potato with cheese and beans for lunch :) Protein and carbs mmmm. I'm quite proud of myself really... I'm making sure I'm drinking plenty of water, I'm trying to make sure I eat more regularly (and not junk food) and I've stopped smoking and drinking with not much problem (drinking doesn't bother me, but I do miss smoking) and remembered my folic acid everyday since!

Do I actually need to take prenatals or is the folic acid enough whilst I can still eat (before MS sets in!!) xx

:wohoo: confirmed pregnancy!! That's excellent :thumbup:

I guess at the first scan if they do end up having it early they'll be able to more accurately date at that point :)

Thank you hunny :cry: I thought the same. She obviously didn't know whether I was expecting it or not because she was just like - 'It's positive?' with a straight face so I said 'I know' and laughed. She looked confused so I told her I already knew it was just so it was on the system :rofl: xx

Woo, it's confirmed!

Why do you think you're 2 weeks behind hun? (You may have said before, sorry) xx

Because my cycles are over 41 days long hun. I got my EWCM on CD32-34 and we only :sex: in that timeframe the whole week :haha: I'm pretty sure I ov'd and conceived CD33 which would have made me 14dpo (CD47) when I got my :bfp: xx

oh I see! I'm sure once they scan you etc, they'll date you correctly :thumbup: Xx

Thank you hunny :cry: I thought the same. She obviously didn't know whether I was expecting it or not because she was just like - 'It's positive?' with a straight face so I said 'I know' and laughed. She looked confused so I told her I already knew it was just so it was on the system :rofl: xx

:rofl:!!! When I last had to have a pregnancy test I told the nurse it was a :bfn: and she didn't believe me :dohh: Wasn't that awkward when I was right :haha:

I LOVE when I'm right :haha:

Whenever it happens I'm like :smug: for an hour after :rofl:

sure your dates will work out when you have your scan :hugs: so happy for you :happydance: well done for being smoke and drink free :)

If you are less than 11ish weeks at your first scan they will ask you to come back in a few weeks - they can only do the dating scan accurately between 11 weeks and 13+6 :flower:

I am so proud of you for stopping smoking. Are you finding it easier every day? I felt day 4 was a huge turning point for me.

As for pre-natals. I took them for 7 weeks and they made me TMI sooo constipated and sicky. When I went to the doc, she said unless I'm living on a diet or lard and sugar lumps, I can get everything I need from food and baby will already take what it needs anyway and to stick with folic acid every day until at least week 12. I just took folic acid until they run out which I think was week 14 and my levels were always fine on my blood tests. My doctor also said things like an iron deficiency will crop up in blood tests so you'll soon know if you need any extra vits. Just listen to your body and don't lick lard for meals and you and bubs will be fine... :)

Well done for not smoking :happydance: the dates will be sorted for ur scan, just mention when u see the mw u r pretty sure ur 2 weeks behind and see what she says. Xxx

Well done on the not smoking hun thats fab :yipee: xx

Thank you ladies :) I'm feeling better about smoking but I still could quite easily pick one up now :wacko: I'm trying to find my fake fag just to pretend when the cravings get very bad.

:rofl: I'm not licking lard for dinner haha!! I'm eating better than normal so the folic acid should be enough... Will be bumping the fruit and veg count up when we go shopping xx

Oh my gosh DJ this is so freaky!!! Xx

It does get easier the longer u have been given up for. Xxx

I'm hoping the fact I want to breastfeed will help keep the cravings at bay xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"