Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

Welcome to Autumn Acorns puppymum :flower:

I also get doubts especially when lo is in a bad mood I think how will I cope with another, OH works 8-8 most days and 8-5 on a few I worry I'll go mad on my own with two kids, LO has been a pretty calm and easy baby he's been sleeping through from 4 months, not had any reflux problems and hardly cries I'm really scared that our next baby will be the complete opposite and we won't know how to cope! :dohh: I also keep getting told toddlers are very hard work so I'm worried I won't cope but I hope I will :flower:

Good Morning, ladies? How is everyone today? :flower:

I'm totally starting to freak out about how much babies cost. Not so much the physical things like clothes and diapers and toys (that kind of stuff is easy to get as gifts or cheap second-hand), but the BIG stuff like daycare and doctor's appointments (I don't know about you UK ladies, but we here in the US pay out-of-pocket for stuff like checkups and vaccs :(). I've been asking around, and daycare alone is going to cost us almost $200/week!!! That's 75% of my takehome pay, and that's BEFORE they start taking out a huge chunk for 'family' insurance premium (almost 5x what I pay a week now!)

I talked to DH about it and he just said "It'll work out, it always does." :shock: I'm kind of laughing on the inside about this, because I know he's right, cuz that's what I've said all along! :haha: Oh, how the tables seemed to have turned! :rofl:

Hey ladies, how we all doing? I've not been about for a couple of days, I've got a nasty ear infection and am spaced-out on codeine... not much fun running round after a toddler too :wacko:

Welcome to the new ladies!

Hakunamatata - good luck with the exams hun!

I think it's natural to worry about the things you're all worrying about! My LO didn't sleep through the night til she was 13 months and would wake every 2-3 hours, it almost killed me I swear! And I do worry about going through all that again, especially with a toddler to look after too. Like Purplelove, I work 12hr shifts in a hospital and my OH is at work 8am-7pm. Money will always be tight but like you say MackMomma, it'll work out. You know what ladies, we'll ALL be FINE :flower:

Welcome Mandi! Hope you find waiting with us fun and enjoyable. :)

So I had a complete and utter panic attack last night. I realized OH is now going to be working everyday 2p-11p. That means when we have number two every single evening I am left at home alone with a toddler and an infant. I am now terrified that the new baby will have colic and athena won't like her and I am going to be exhausted and just break down.... :( Its ok though I still want one. I have moments like these all the time. They just stink. Does anyone else get them?

I know exactly what you mean. I have days where i look at my son and think how wonderful it would be to have another...that no matter what i will love them and we will get by. But then other days its the complete opposite and i start worrying i will have a very high needs baby and i won't have time to be a good mother to Jack. My LO's been STTN for months now and i've become used to it, so i don't know how well i will cope to being up all night again when i'm already tired from looking after an infant and toddler during the day. OH refuses to get up during night feeds, though he will let me have a lie in on mornings he doesn't have college or work. It doesn't stop me wanting another but it is frightening to think about!

Hey ladies, how we all doing? I've not been about for a couple of days, I've got a nasty ear infection and am spaced-out on codeine... not much fun running round after a toddler too :wacko:

:hug::hugs:Hope you get well real soon:friends::hugs2:

I'm totally starting to freak out about how much babies cost. Not so much the physical things like clothes and diapers and toys (that kind of stuff is easy to get as gifts or cheap second-hand), but the BIG stuff like daycare and doctor's appointments (I don't know about you UK ladies, but we here in the US pay out-of-pocket for stuff like checkups and vaccs :(). I've been asking around, and daycare alone is going to cost us almost $200/week!!! That's 75% of my takehome pay, and that's BEFORE they start taking out a huge chunk for 'family' insurance premium (almost 5x what I pay a week now!)

I talked to DH about it and he just said "It'll work out, it always does." :shock: I'm kind of laughing on the inside about this, because I know he's right, cuz that's what I've said all along! :haha: Oh, how the tables seemed to have turned! :rofl:

we're lucky in the UK we don't have to pay for doctors appts. kids get free dental care too and optical care to a certain extent i think...

we're lucky in the UK we don't have to pay for doctors appts. kids get free dental care too and optical care to a certain extent i think...

Yeah absolutely, the health insurance thing must be a killer for some people. I was living in Canada when I fell pregnant and we had to move back to the UK purely because we couldn't afford the 'package' to have a baby in Canada. I know everyone whinges about the NHS but we don't realise how lucky we are in the UK really

Hi ladies! I've been away for a few days and though I kept saying I'd try to read up on the older posts I doubt now that I'll be able to...because MACKENZIE IS HOME!!!!

Hubby n I stayed the night in the NICU's parent room on Monday night w/Mackenzie rooming in...then yesterday morning they discharged her. She spent her first night at home last night and right now is sleeping soundly in her bassinet.

Now I can finally relax, take care of her and the rest of the family...and work towards being ready to TTC this Autumn....yay!

:hugs: to all

Awww so pleased for you hun, that's fantastic!! ENJOY!! :hugs:

thats great news hun :hugs: I'm really glad your little girl is finally home :flower:

Cheercoach, that's wonderful news! So glad your baby is home safe and sound...:happydance: :hugs:

About the panicky moments....I get them daily!! How will I cope with 4. What if baby is another bad sleeper (my 3-year old doesn't even STTN as we speak :dohh:). What if (s)he too have severe reflux. What if the other kids will loose out on mommy-time too much. What if the pregnancy is so hard on me, I can't cope? What if I have to get bed-rest again? Who'll look after the kids and fetch them from school, etc. I can go on and on. I get so panicky, that I just shut off and tell myself to not think about the what ifs anymore. It's too overwhelming.

Yeah absolutely, the health insurance thing must be a killer for some people. I was living in Canada when I fell pregnant and we had to move back to the UK purely because we couldn't afford the 'package' to have a baby in Canada. I know everyone whinges about the NHS but we don't realise how lucky we are in the UK really

Is that because you didn't become a Canadian citizen? I am in Canada, and the majority of our health care is covered - not dental, but all the general things like birth, checkups, vaccinations, etc.

So happy for you cheercoach!

I hope you're feeling better Kelly.

Speaking, of US/UK differences, I am definitely jealous at the maternity leave that many in the UK receive (9-12 months?) Wow. I was considered extravagant for taking 3 months off, unpaid of course.

Yeah if you take off more than 8 or 10 weeks for mat leave here in the US it's like they think you're dragging it out like it's a vacation or something. A lot of moms get flak for not going back to work after having a baby if they had planned on it - they're seen as soft and "not having what it takes" to make it in the workplace. Sooooooo insulting.

Hi ladies! I've been away for a few days and though I kept saying I'd try to read up on the older posts I doubt now that I'll be able to...because MACKENZIE IS HOME!!!!

Hubby n I stayed the night in the NICU's parent room on Monday night w/Mackenzie rooming in...then yesterday morning they discharged her. She spent her first night at home last night and right now is sleeping soundly in her bassinet.

Now I can finally relax, take care of her and the rest of the family...and work towards being ready to TTC this Autumn....yay!

Hooray!!!!!! :happydance: :baby:

I think we are all experiencing some level of anxiety over the upcoming TTC. This will be my first (hopefully), so my fear is being a good parent, period. I know some of you who are already moms are worried about adding another LO to the bunch, but think of the experience you have! I'm going into this pretty clueless, while you have the mom thing down pretty much! :winkwink:

I think we are all going to be fine. Hugs!! :friends:

Also, I have an idea of getting everyone's email address so we can send group messages more easily. I won't spam you or anything. It would be just to welcome the new people, let you know about the games we are playing, and remind you to vote and to also collect your vote. If you could PM me with your email, that would be awesome!

Just posted in our Facebook group (if you aren't in the Facebook group yet, please PM me!):

What do you guys think of sharing our email addresses so a weekly newsletter can be sent out? The newsletter would announce various things like contests, games, (eventually BFP's!), welcome the new people, etc. Of course we would still post on our thread, but that way all the important club news can be distributed to everyone. We would send out 1 or 2 emails a week tops. We won't spam you. Is that cool? If not, no worries, I will just cry myself to sleep. ;-)

Just posted in our Facebook group (if you aren't in the Facebook group yet, please PM me!):

What do you guys think of sharing our email addresses so a weekly newsletter can be sent out? The newsletter would announce various things like contests, games, (eventually BFP's!), welcome the new people, etc. Of course we would still post on our thread, but that way all the important club news can be distributed to everyone. We would send out 1 or 2 emails a week tops. We won't spam you. Is that cool? If not, no worries, I will just cry myself to sleep. ;-)

As you know I love the idea :) I will pm you my email address in a minute!

YAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Huge congrats! :happydance:

So happy MacKenzie is home, where she belongs!

Sorry I havent been on here much lately girls, just feel a bit 'meh' and down, and when I do I tend to exclude myself from stuff, I dont know why, coz surely that will make me feel worse but hey.

I am worried about the upcoming TTC, it isnt that long to go, 2 months for me! :happydance: It's the fear of the unknown really, but once I have my BFP then I know I have 9 months to figure out a way of sorting it all. lol. I think because OH is away alot I wonder how I will cope and whether the next baby will be just as good as Amara has been when it comes to sleeping/eating.

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->