Welcome to the ttc in fall group..........AUTUMN ACORNS!!!!

BlueHadeda that's wonderful news!! :hugs: to you and your LO, I'm glad she's doing better!

Amara is soo cute in her new cloth diapers!! It makes me want to start trying cloth right away instead of waiting for the next baby!

Kitty I'm so sorry. It sounds like you both have a difficult decision to make :hugs:Whether it be to have a baby or to move to spain you have an exciting adventure ahead, and i hope the very best for you and your OH!

Thanks for all the comments on my tattoo guys, i really love it. To answer your questions; it's my first one, took 45 minutes, and cost $60. Not too bad i think! It didn't hurt too bad either...except up by my shoulder bone. I actually almost fell asleep after awhile! :haha: About the vaseline, i'm not sure. The tattooist put some on right after it was finished and said to wash it off in 4 hours. He said never to use vaseline again and that i should only put unscented lotion on it. Maybe it was because i was swelling from the red tattoo dye? :shrug:

The vaseline is to "seal" the tattoo - at least that's what I've been told. I have 4, and I've always just used unscented lotion 1-2x a day for about 2 weeks (or until it heals). It's a good looking tat, the lines look solid and smooth and the shading is very nice. :thumbup: I love tattoos, I'd have more if I could afford them! LOL

Kitty - I think you should do both. Why choose? :haha:

Yeah they put it on after to make sure it doesn't dry out - continuing to look after the tat the best thing is bipanthin and after a week cocoa butter :)

I've never heard of bipanthin, but it might not be something we can get here in the US. :shrug:

cheercoach great news about your daughter, bet you're over the moon!

Kitty2385 my friend moved to oz when she was 5 wks pregnant and managed to get a house and settle down while pregnant, she had an 18 month old at the time too, so it is possible to do both!

shabutie, amara is gorgeous and v cute in her cloth nappy!

seems lots of us are anxious about ttc.....my main concern is my bmi is on the high side and i worry this will affect my fertility...the more i stress about it though, the more i eat.....i need to do more exercise....just looking at affordable gyms and exercise classes and trying to motivate myself!! i almost need the doc to say "lose weight" and i would!...ive given up caffeine about 3/4 wks ago (have the odd decaf latte) and now i'm gonna try and cut out chocolate (then cake!)...trying to do one thing at a time!
i also worry about the expense of children like i think mackmomma said?! childcare is so expensive....but people always say "you get by, find a way" so im hoping that's the case...just concentrating on the ttc for now!

bluehadeda that's great news about your little one!

and love the tattoo heartbaby

bepanthen is a cream usually found in the baby section, think its a nappy rash cream?

Good Morning, ladies? How is everyone today? :flower:

I'm totally starting to freak out about how much babies cost. Not so much the physical things like clothes and diapers and toys (that kind of stuff is easy to get as gifts or cheap second-hand), but the BIG stuff like daycare and doctor's appointments (I don't know about you UK ladies, but we here in the US pay out-of-pocket for stuff like checkups and vaccs :(). I've been asking around, and daycare alone is going to cost us almost $200/week!!! That's 75% of my takehome pay, and that's BEFORE they start taking out a huge chunk for 'family' insurance premium (almost 5x what I pay a week now!)

I talked to DH about it and he just said "It'll work out, it always does." :shock: I'm kind of laughing on the inside about this, because I know he's right, cuz that's what I've said all along! :haha: Oh, how the tables seemed to have turned! :rofl:

we're lucky in the UK we don't have to pay for doctors appts. kids get free dental care too and optical care to a certain extent i think...

Yeah absolutely, the health insurance thing must be a killer for some people. I was living in Canada when I fell pregnant and we had to move back to the UK purely because we couldn't afford the 'package' to have a baby in Canada. I know everyone whinges about the NHS but we don't realise how lucky we are in the UK really

Is that because you didn't become a Canadian citizen? I am in Canada, and the majority of our health care is covered - not dental, but all the general things like birth, checkups, vaccinations, etc.

Yes, at the time we weren't Canadian citizens so it would have cost thousands in medical bills... we're hoping to move back out there in the next few years though as where we were living is just an idyllic place to raise a family. We own a house there and my occupation is on BC's 'most wanted' list so we've just gotta scrape the pennies together to be able to do it!

Evening ladies

Newsletter thing is a great idea, I'll send you my email, Hakuna.

BlueH - that's great news on LOs check up!

IHeartB - nice tatt!

How's everyone doing today? It's nearly the weekend, anyone got any fun plans? I'm working sunday/bank holiday monday so not really got much planned

I've never heard of bipanthin, but it might not be something we can get here in the US. :shrug:
haha i can't even spell it :blush:

https://www.bepanthen.co.uk/

many tattooists here swear by it for the first initial healing time - then jump to cocoa butter. keeps the colours nice and vibrant :D

sorry :blush:

ah i am so broody tonight! but at the same time i'm kinda like "will pixie feel left out?" :cry:

:thumbup:

Members:

1. Jackx
2. Shabutie
3. Augie
4. KellyC75
5. IHEARTBABY#1
6. ELSKI
7. Hakunamatata
8. Mrs_T
9. mouse_chicky
10. pichi
11. kellysays2u
12. MackMomma8
13. pixie23
14. LakensMommy11
15. Skybluheaven
16.CheerCoach
17. Stacey_Ann
18.LovePurple

Can I please be added?!

Oo love the tattoo, was it as bad as you thought it might be?

Thats must be a difficult decision for you guys Kitty2385, have you tried writing a pro's and con's list for each. You and OH do a separate one and see what you both come up with, it might make things a bit clearer for you. :hugs:

So today is the first day of Amara in her cloth nappy, I wanted to share a picture with you guys,

https://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/255466_10150258181917037_679337036_9489577_2153879_n.jpg

So. flippin. CUTE. :baby:

Hakunamatata how did your exam go?

me and oh have been getting carried away the last week and we've been dtd :blush: today made it the 4th day that we forgot to use something but I doubt it will happen this soon as it took 5 cycles with lo and we're being careful again after today, I sort of wish we were ttc now but I know its too soon for OH

Got a 90% and a 94% so I'm pretty happy!

Woooot for DTD! :winkwink:

Members:

1. Jackx
2. Shabutie
3. Augie
4. KellyC75
5. IHEARTBABY#1
6. ELSKI
7. Hakunamatata
8. Mrs_T
9. mouse_chicky
10. pichi
11. kellysays2u
12. MackMomma8
13. pixie23
14. LakensMommy11
15. Skybluheaven
16.CheerCoach
17. Stacey_Ann
18.LovePurple

Can I please be added?!

Skybluheaven has finals this week and none of us can edit that post. But consider yourself joined :winkwink:

Evening ladies! :wave:

I use bepanthen on all my tattoo's and I have 11. :thumbup: I'd love a new one, but cant because of wedding. OH said I can get my lip's pierced again after the wedding (if not pregnant by then) as I miss then SO bad.

I think once you get the essentials for a baby, then it is as expensive as you want to make it. I know I could save loads by not buying her as many clothes and toys, but I just cant. Also with using cloth nappies, this could get out of hand and then contradicte why i switched to them: to save money! :haha:

For me, because Amara is so young, we can just re use what we have left over from her. We brought everything neutral for 0-3 months for this specific reason.

I am feel mega broody. My friend had his baby 3 days ago, a little girl called Jade, she is adorable with lovely thick black hair. Then my brother's friend has his baby boy yesterday, called him Tyler. Seeing all these little ones makes me want another so badly.

Thanks all for the comments on Amara, I think she loved the new nappies! So impressed by them.

:flower:

Members:

1. Jackx
2. Shabutie
3. Augie
4. KellyC75
5. IHEARTBABY#1
6. ELSKI
7. Hakunamatata
8. Mrs_T
9. mouse_chicky
10. pichi
11. kellysays2u
12. MackMomma8
13. pixie23
14. LakensMommy11
15. Skybluheaven
16.CheerCoach
17. Stacey_Ann
18.LovePurple

Can I please be added?!

Skybluheaven has finals this week and none of us can edit that post. But consider yourself joined :winkwink:

I'm not on there either!

Congrats on the exam results :happydance::happydance: I told you you'd ace it :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->