Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

Hi Maddy,

I got my AF a couple of days ago, but since then, I have down tons of research to try to understand ovulation and to get to know my body. I know one thing, I am going to teach my daughter about her body, I really feel as if this is something my mother should have taught me about when I first got my menstrual cycle. This is definitely not something to be learning about at 34 years old...geez. I feel like such a dummy.

Couldn't agree with you more. It shouldn't be a taboo subject at all. My mom explained some things to my older sister, and then she just didn't bother when my turn came around.
I'm definitely going to teach my daughter about her body as well!

Hi Maddy,

I got my AF a couple of days ago, but since then, I have down tons of research to try to understand ovulation and to get to know my body. I know one thing, I am going to teach my daughter about her body, I really feel as if this is something my mother should have taught me about when I first got my menstrual cycle. This is definitely not something to be learning about at 34 years old...geez. I feel like such a dummy.

Hi Tuamora,

I totally agree! My mom didn't talk to any of her kids (all girls) about our bodies, so I am trying to learn as much as possible too. I've been using an app on my phone to track my cycles. I just started tracking the changes in my CM this month. It's been helpful so far. I see a lot of people on this site use Fertility Friend, but I've been using a free app called MyDays. I think Fertility Friend might have a lot more info on ovulation, but I'm not sure.

I began this cycle with an app called pink pad. I too saw that everyone on here seems to be using fertility friend, so I spent the day looking over the website, the tutorials, and the app. It is very informative. I will track using that one as well.

Fit chick & Maddy,

I guess your mom believed that your older sister would teach you....I am so glad that we have the internet to be able to learn from

Hi ladies got my mirena removed on 6 may about a week and half later i had a small amount of brown stringy discharge with small few tiny clots over 2 days used 4 tampons 2 were clear and the other 2 had very small amount of brown clots but have not had a normal bleed as such, ive no idea of my cycle as i've had my mirena or 5 years and another straight after for 1 1/2 years. Was this my period??? has anyone had this experience??

This is sooo amazing.

I went of the pill on the 25 May and doctor prescribed the fertomid 50mg for me so holding thumbs that this works, as I've been on the pill since 2010 and so far so good without the pill..

This is my first month of charting temps not sure if I've fully got the hang of it yet but finding it helpful. I think I am now 11dpo and my husband and I manged the bd alot this month around ovulation as we were on holiday ! :) im due on af Thursday and normally I get 4-5 days spotting before af but this month no spotting yet I did start taking B6 as I read this was ment to regulate your cycles as I was concerned that the spotting could be an issue however I've been taking it less the month so be very surprised it has taken effect so quickly. Not sure im just getting my hopes up as the last few days I have had light cramps and keep going to the bathroom expecting to see the spotting has started and think maybe its just af on it's way but I could have got rid of the spotting or just late but I'm always pretty regular. Will just have to wait and if Af hasn't arrived by the weekend I will test then :flower:

Would like to join this group if you won't mind. I'm also TTC for #1. Expecting af in 3-4 days.... So far no brown spotting which i regularly have 5-6 days before :af:

Did my CD21 test (progesterone) and it came back at 14ng/ml which the doc said i ovulated maybe CD13-CD14 which also coincides with my FF crosshairs. Anyone got :bfp: in this group? What was/were your symptoms days before your :bfp:?

I'm daphne by the way.

Hi Daphne, Dolly, and ladylee.

I am not sure about anything as far as ttc, because this is my first month. My FX for you all...

Hello ladies have been TTC for over a year.

I was diagnosed with PCOS and periods are non existant unless Im on medication. I had one successful try on clomid but shortly miscarried a few weeks after finding out:cry: I just finished my femara on May 24th and have been taking metformin as well. I dont know when i usually ovulate but with clomid I would have ovulated from May 26th- June 1st and around that time I was having pain near my ovaries which is now gone. But yesterday I had clear gummy like discharge and my right breast has been sore like tingling burning sensation. What does this mean?

This is my first month of charting temps not sure if I've fully got the hang of it yet but finding it helpful. I think I am now 11dpo and my husband and I manged the bd alot this month around ovulation as we were on holiday ! :) im due on af Thursday and normally I get 4-5 days spotting before af but this month no spotting yet I did start taking B6 as I read this was ment to regulate your cycles as I was concerned that the spotting could be an issue however I've been taking it less the month so be very surprised it has taken effect so quickly. Not sure im just getting my hopes up as the last few days I have had light cramps and keep going to the bathroom expecting to see the spotting has started and think maybe its just af on it's way but I could have got rid of the spotting or just late but I'm always pretty regular. Will just have to wait and if Af hasn't arrived by the weekend I will test then :flower:
Well Af has reared her ugly head yet again spotting started Thursday night which was when I was due full flow, had my temp dip this morning so I hoping at the very least that it will start today so I have cut the days of spotting down from 5 days to 2 days by taking b6, weird how it was delayed this month though I did have a few stressful situation so maybe it delayed o this month. At least I kbow I had 13 days of high temps so lutel phase seems to be ok. Feeling pretty gutted as I was pretty hopeful, if only I had a crystil ball to tell me when I would get pregnant even if it was a year away I would be happy its just the not knowing and the two week wait that im struggling with. Here's hopeing cycle 5 is more successful best of luck to everyone :)

ps has anyone noticed how tampons are on the same aisle as nappys and baby stuff, oh the irony!

I'm sorry to hear that Dolly....I never paid too much attention to the pad placement until this month. I am pretty sure this is a man's doing...lol

Hello ladies have been TTC for over a year.

I was diagnosed with PCOS and periods are non existant unless Im on medication. I had one successful try on clomid but shortly miscarried a few weeks after finding out:cry: I just finished my femara on May 24th and have been taking metformin as well. I dont know when i usually ovulate but with clomid I would have ovulated from May 26th- June 1st and around that time I was having pain near my ovaries which is now gone. But yesterday I had clear gummy like discharge and my right breast has been sore like tingling burning sensation. What does this mean?

Fingers crossed its not AF!!! Thats the part i hate every month is seeing AF rear her ugly head when we've tried so hard to make a baby. I've found that metformin helps with the insulin resistance I've also lost bout 2 stone in weight which has helped aswell. Fingers are very much crossed hopefully you'll have some good news soon!!!!

Hello everyone!

I have not posted since my miscarriage but I have been reading the board, and I wanted to say hello to the newcomers and wish you all the best of luck!

This post-mc cycle is almost done for me and my DH and I can't wait for the next one to begin so we can ttc again! It's been a difficult time physically and emotionally but I'm doing much better now, and feeling ready to try for a precious sticky bean. I like to think that our baby that we lost can be a guardian angel for us and our baby to come. :angel:

Best wishes to all of you!

Welcome back Karen! Glad to see you here again! :hugs:

BEST OF LUCK and :dust: to you for your future cycle!

Thank you so much!!! I've missed posting with you! :hugs:

Wishing you many blessings as well!!! I know you will have good news soon! :thumbup:

And yay for the positive OPK!

Hello everyone. not sure exactly how this works, so I'll give it a try. its been 13 days p.o.d and I have gotten some tender breast some very strange cramps, nosebleeds (I haven't had one since I was 7 ) constant headaches, slight nausea and I'm tired all the time. I'm trying to not get my hopes up too much, because it would be awful to find out is just my period going haywire. Am I crazy to think that I might be pregnant? or are they some pretty obvious clues at my body is sending to me?

Hi kamga,

Those symptoms do sound promising! The tricky part is so many of early pregnancy symptoms are similar to AF symptoms. I think you should definitely consider testing soon! You are 14 days post ov today, correct? I think many tests would be able to detect it by now.

Good luck! :flower:

Hello everyone I'm new to this site but I'm really excited to have someone to talk to about ttc. It's kinda hard to share that your trying to conceive with everyone. All the ups and downs.
I and waiting to find out if I'm pregnant I'm waiting till I miss my period and my period is not suppose to come till the 24 so it's a long wait. What do you guys do while you wait to find out? I'm trying to stay positive but I feel like it consumes my whole day. Everything I do or feel I take as maybe that's a sign I'm pregnant. It feels like forever to wait and I really want to be pregnant but I know not to get my hopes up because I have before and been really sad. Stressed and ready for baby!

Welcome, ready4babies! :flower:

I understand completely! The wait is agonizing and it's so hard not to focus on each little twinge and feeling. Posting in this board is helpful for sure! I would also try to spend time doing some hobbies that you find fun and relaxing. Going for walks and listening to music can be fun. Starting some kind of creative project like a scrapbook or recipe book can be fun and time-consuming, if you are into that.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->