Welcome to 'Trying To Conceive Over 35'

Hi, I am 36 (turning 37 in June) and am TTC for #2. We've only been trying for 4 cycles now but feel very frustrated already! We conceived our son in only one month 6 years ago. But I was a young 32 then! I've been charting for 2 months now and started OPK's last month. I am also taking prenatals, vitex and B-6 supplements. I hoping and praying that this won't be too long of a journey.

I just turned 39 on April 6 and we also just had our first failed IUI. :( We are working to get ready for IUI#2 with injectibles.

We have been ttc for about 8 years. My hubby is 45 about to turn 46 in May. We both just want to be parents so badly. I took clomid a few years ago for about 6 months with no reaction. Our first IUI, I was on 200mg Clomid and did the trigger shot.

I would love to have twins but at this point, I would just like to be blessed with at least one sweet baby.

I'm glad to see all of you so I can have others to share my thoughts and feelings with. My friends and family all have kiddos, so they don't relate. :)

Thanks!

Still in shock about the whole menopause thing, but giving it our best shot, I've just started DHEA and hope this might help.

Would love to hear of anyone's experiences with DHEA or conceiving with high FSH / perimenopause.

Hi and welcome...Sorry I don't know anything about DHEA...What is it supposed to do?

I just turned 39 on April 6 and we also just had our first failed IUI. :( We are working to get ready for IUI#2 with injectibles.

We have been ttc for about 8 years. My hubby is 45 about to turn 46 in May. We both just want to be parents so badly. I took clomid a few years ago for about 6 months with no reaction. Our first IUI, I was on 200mg Clomid and did the trigger shot.

I would love to have twins but at this point, I would just like to be blessed with at least one sweet baby.

I'm glad to see all of you so I can have others to share my thoughts and feelings with. My friends and family all have kiddos, so they don't relate. :)

Thanks!
Hi..I'll be 39 next month...Welcome...
Wow...ttc for 8 years...that's a long road, and I'm sure you'll find some great support here. GL!

Hi, me & DH are both 40 and have been together 5.5 years and married nearly 4 years.

Neither of us have children from other relationships and are TTc #1.

We tried for 11 cycles in 2009 during which AF always showed on time and I always got a BFN if I tested a day or so before AF was due. We had a break from it all in 2010 for health reasons (mine) and are currently on cycle 1 of TTC again.

Sending PMA and :dust: to all x

Hi all,

I have been lurking for a while and finally decided to post! - This Forum looks great it seems like there is lots of support for all.

I am 41 have a 9yr old DS TTC 4 I am 5dpo and have all positive symptoms ( at least I have convinced myself that I have).

Can't seem to post any GIFs yet but:
Sending lots of baby dust to all

I'll be 37 in a few months, been ttc number 1 for a very long time (12 yrs officially with my hubby and 6 in a ltr prior - so 18 years in total).

I'm currently on CD38 of an unmonitored 150mg clomid cycle (desperate measures).
I've got very low aches, nausea, dizziness and headachy.
I'm too afraid to test because I can't face yet another bfn!

Just found these forums and am still poking around, but wanted to say hi.

I just turned 39 on April 26, hubby is 43. We've been married for 16 yrs, together 20. For most of that time, we had decided we didn't want children. All of that changed about a year ago for various reasons. Then in July '10, hubby had a kidney transplant (he'd been on the list for 4 years and was days away from dialysis). Going through that experience brought us even closer and made those urges to have a child even stronger.

We've been working with my OBGYN and his transplant doctor for about 6 months and finally got the ok from them to start TTC :) I just stopped BC and have started a plan from my OBGYN for the next 6 months to see if we have any success. The women in my family seem to be very fertile, so I'm hoping some of that rubbed off on me!

I'm still learning all of the lingo and whatnot for online discussions, so please be kind and patient! :D So far, only 2 of my close friends know we are actively trying - one of them is about 11 weeks pregnant. I am hoping I can get pregnant soon so we can go through some of this together!!

Can't wait to look around some more and talk with others about this journey. I'm pretty scared right now because it seems so....hopeless, at times. Maybe we waited too long? It just seems like so many have been trying for so long! I feel like my time is running out and the stuff I find online about conceiving after 35 isn't always positive :/ Hoping to read lots of success stories and helpful hints here!

Wow, this post is way longer than I meant it to be! Sorry!!

Off to lurk and poke around some more!

Thanks!

Good luck to the both of you. I understand what you mean about all family and friends having children of their own. I've always wanted to have my own children, but my sister has 5, my best friend has 3, my other friend is 8 months pregnant with her first, all my cousins all have children. I'm the only one, and I'm the one who has probably always wanted to be a mom the most. I love my nieces and nephews, but it hurts me when I go and see them because I feel inside that I should have children of my own. I'm really hoping I'm either pregnant now or I will get pregnant soon. I'm 37 now, and I feel like my time is running out, and it makes me so sad. :cry:

Hi Sparkly i am Debbie(tweety pie) and i am new to this site and really not sure how to post things etc . Lost my baby girl in jan i was 18 wks pg and have been trying for a now month it is driving me crazy i just want to be a mum. I am 39 and my partner is 47.

Hi Sparkly i am Debbie(tweety pie) and i am new to this site and really not sure how to post things etc . Lost my baby girl in jan i was 18 wks pg and have been trying for a now month it is driving me crazy i just want to be a mum. I am 39 and my partner is 47.

So very sorry for your loss hun :hugs: Welcome aboard, just post where you want. This is a really great group of ladies! Very friendly and welcoming! You'll find lots of similar stories and lots of support here. FYI I'm 39 next month, DH is 45 and we're trying for my first (he has 2 children from a previous marriage)
Babydust to you!
:dust:

Welcome and babydust to all the newbies!

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Welcome everyone, nice to meet you, looking forward to getting to know you better and sharing the TTC madness that goes on here!! Good luck and loads of :dust::dust:

hi, trying for seven years now, very frustrated and cynical about the irish adoption process!!! Everyone I know is currently pregnant, trying to be happy for them, I really am. Have had great success in all areas of my life except this one....

Hello lovely ladies,

We have four children - 9yrs 2x 7yr and 5yr old - I had this feeling we were suppose to have one more . My husband was defiant NO WAY HUN! A year later he has finally given in me being 37yrs old and him 43 this is really my last year I want to try and conceive - so I made a deal with him we will try till end of year if it doesnt happen then it wasnt meant to be and I will bury the feeling - its a weird feeling by the way... nagging like..weird since I have four most people would say crazy chick wtf...its not that Im not satisfied with our 4 I am but I just have this feeling I cant kick it off..

Anyway we are on first month of ttc..we didnt go nuts just once a couple of days before ovulation and once the day before i think... Now I am 13dpo and yesterday had strange spotting barley anything light pink discharge and thought here we go start of AF...early but here. Then that night man o man the pain bad cramping stabbing pains all the jazz for like 2hrs then gone...morning came no AF would have thought arrived fully by now. So tomorrow is really my due date for her so will see what happens. Breast are full but dont hurt - smell aversion to stuff i never liked anyway but now I almost puke if i smell it. back ache lower and totally spaced out like what was I doing??? weird anyway time will tell i guess. Heres to number 5# if its alive!

Hi All! - :flower:
Total newbie to BnB, BBT, OPK's - everything! I'm 37, DH just turned 48 and like you all, we are ttc #1. We're currently on our 4th cycle, (CD15) according to CBEM my level is "high" so DH and I are getting busy:winkwink: all in the hopes of catching that magic egg! I'm really glad to have found you all, I look forward on joining you all on this wonderful yet frustrating journey. :dust: to all!

Hi everyone, I have been a long time "lurker" on your boards and I finally decided to join, no one in the world understands this stuff as much as those of us going through it. I am one of those people who thought I would have had my family before I even turned 30... however here we are and I am rounding the curve to 40 and nothing :growlmad: My wonderful and patient husband and I have been trying to conceive for what seems like forever... at 32 we seen our first RE hubby was fine... I however went through the mill with testing and they put me on Clomid for months... we eventually gave up completely defeated!! Then last year at the age of 38 I decided I wasnt quite ready to just "give up".... so again we did some homework and found another RE, this time I was in the office for the consultation and he decided to do an ultrasound and low and behold he said "I think your tubes are blocked"... long story short he was correct and I had surgery the following month, they removed one tube but were able to repair the other... very excited thinking now there may be a chance we went forward and used the clomid and the HCG and the ultrasounds and so on and so on... but still nothing... they told me IVF would be our best option, but unfortunately insurance dont cover it and we dont have 20,000.00 just lying around :shrug: .... now we are kind of in limbo, I am finished with test after test (of course that doesnt include my POAS addiction):haha: but I now just turned 39 and feel like my time is almost up but we havent quit... yet... Sorry if that was long winded and I really hope I did it correctly... LOL But I just wanted to let you all know that you keep me motivated without even knowing it! Thank You and I wish you all that well deserved :dust:
Thanks for listening :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->