We'll Be Over The Moon, When We Get Our BFPs In June! Newbies welcome :)

Morgan - Yes. I was an OPK addict the whole time we were TTC. Like, taking them 5-6 times a day when it was coming close. What brand of OPKs are you using? I used the Target brand ones and they never got as dark as the Wondfo ones. And yes, the lines have to be the same darkness, or the test line darker than the control. It is normal to have some color on the test line all month long for some women (me, for instance) Also, I never got a POS OPK using a digital. I know A LOT of girls on here swear by them, but I they never worked for me. EVEN when the line ones were pos, the digi's always came up neg.

And as far as cervial mucus is concerned, usually it starts like, creamy, then changes to the egg-white stuff. I would usually only notice it when I had a BM (TMI...). And some things can diminish the quantity/quality of it. Antihistamines can dry it up. Drinking lots of water and green tea can help. taking certain supplements can help (i took fertile CM and it helped me a lot).

Husbands and significant others don't understand. Mine just didn't like to see me get upset each month with my BFNs, so his suggestion was to just stop TTC. Like if we stop, the reason for me being upset will stop, and then I will feel better. Wrong.

This is why the boards and this thread especially is a great place to be. We understand each other in ways our men just can't.

Have you looked in the SMEP (Sperm Meets Egg Plan)? That's what we did the month I got my BFP.

Emily, what is SMEP? Or is there a description around? I searched the boards but didnt see anything..

Sperm-Meets-Egg-Plan.

You start using OPKs CD 10 (or is it CD8?) twice a day and BD every other day until you get a positive OPK, then BD the day of the positive and the next two days, take a day off, and BD again.

:p

wow, so much happens in such a short time!
summary of SMEP: starting at day 10, you bd every other day. when you get a positive opk, you do it that day and the next (2 days in a row), take a day off, then bd again.
bubs, i also found last month that i had positive wondfos but no smiley - i was really doubting i ovulated until my temp shift. weird.
sonia, the dr just said to me "we start women with PCOS off at 100mg" - so i did. i was like, "lets get this done!"
i, also, get frustrated with OH around ovulation, and him with me. i want to have sex like 5 days in a row, and he's like, "i'll never make it". really? is it that hard? i dont understand, arent we "in this to win it"? sigh. i try to stay sane by remembering that e/o day is PLENTY. and i've def been in tears, trying to explain that *not* ttc is worse than being a POAS addict, or that me crying because i see *another* FB announcement isnt about him, it's about that empty spot in my heart. poor boys, i feel 1% sympathetic for them - but then i'm all ovulation-pain, af cramps, hormone pimples, leaky CM - and i dont feel so bad anymore (hehe).

My name is April I am new on here...... I have been online since my tubal preg. Was removed. I am now 39 pos operation and 11dpo.... I still have not seen my monthly friend so I am a little worried...... I would love to be pregnant again as we have been thc for the past four years......... These groups have gotten me through the rough patch we have experienced and is keeping me positive through everything

Hahaha Mirolee so true.

I honestly think the only reason I am not pregnant yet is because of BD timing. It frustrates me to no end and unfortunately DF and I end up getting in arguments about it. He hates sex on demand, especially with how shitty he has felt the last few months and his medication interfering. But I seriously do not think he grasps the concept of how small of a window and chance there actually is each month. I feel bad for going off on him but he doesn't feel the heartbreak I feel every month when the :witch: comes.

Cassidy and Miorlee - Precisely! Some sights say to start at CD 8, but I think starting anywhere between CD 8 and 10 is fine. I started at CD 9 since my cycles are longish at 32 days and I O usually at CD 17-18.

Hello April, welcome to a wonderfully supportive thread we have here!

Welcome April!!! I hope you see your BFP soon!!! <3

But you know, it's not just men that don't understand the timed BD thing. I have spoken to other women about it, and they just laugh and make it seem like I am some controlling OCD nutbag... I get confused cuz I'm like, "You know it can't just happen any old time, right???" What's wrong with trying to get it right???

Welcome, April!

Emily - What a cute little preggo you are!! You look GREAT momma!!

Nikki - Amazing scan picky!! Absolutely love that little bean is well and you got some reassurance!! Sounds like a great plan you have with FS and OBGYN!

Nichole - any news??

AFM - Guessss Whoooooos Spotting?!?! :happydance: Around 3pm today, I swear you would have though I freakin wiped GOLD!! Hopefully she will be here full force tomorrow and I can count that as CD1. So thrilled!! Time to make our rainbow!! :dust:

Kara - Oh thank goodness! Time to get down to business!!!

Rachel, was it you that said you tried SI this month?? What does that entail?

Our game plan is for DH and I to start SMEPing starting CD 8, definitely doing OPKs, have toyed with the idea of temping...we will dtd everyday for probably 4 or 5 days around O time and I will finish after DH... this is how we got our BFP last time! Anyone have any other suggestions?! :)

Our game plan is for DH and I to start SMEPing starting CD 8, definitely doing OPKs, have toyed with the idea of temping...we will dtd everyday for probably 4 or 5 days around O time and I will finish after DH... this is how we got our BFP last time! Anyone have any other suggestions?! :)

I used PreSeed. And I laid on my back for 10 minutes, my side for 10 minutes, then my other side for 10 minutes. Just to get good coverage in there, you know?

Welcome April! Hope you get your rainbow baby soon!

Hahaha Mirolee so true.

I honestly think the only reason I am not pregnant yet is because of BD timing. It frustrates me to no end and unfortunately DF and I end up getting in arguments about it. He hates sex on demand, especially with how shitty he has felt the last few months and his medication interfering. But I seriously do not think he grasps the concept of how small of a window and chance there actually is each month. I feel bad for going off on him but he doesn't feel the heartbreak I feel every month when the :witch: comes.

Totally know how you feel :? DF doesn't get it either. He just says, "well we can try next month". Every time he says it to me I have to suppress the anger. You don't understand, I want my BFP NOW!! I've tried explaining how small the window is but I still don't think he gets it. I'm hoping with him switching to days this week we might have a better chance.

But you know, it's not just men that don't understand the timed BD thing. I have spoken to other women about it, and they just laugh and make it seem like I am some controlling OCD nutbag... I get confused cuz I'm like, "You know it can't just happen any old time, right???" What's wrong with trying to get it right???

Right?!? I don't get how women can not realize that it's actually HARD to get preggo. That window is so tiny. That's why I find it crazy how people have it happen on accident. We try so hard to get the timing right and look how long it takes.

Might be TMI, but surprising the cycle when I got my BFP most of the time I was on top for BD and then would elevate my hips for 10-20mins after we finished. I know they always say that missionary is best but it wasn't working for me.

AFM - Guessss Whoooooos Spotting?!?! :happydance: Around 3pm today, I swear you would have though I freakin wiped GOLD!! Hopefully she will be here full force tomorrow and I can count that as CD1. So thrilled!! Time to make our rainbow!! :dust:
HAHAHHA!! I feel the same way about EWCM! Goodluck! I hope this is your cycle!

I used PreSeed. And I laid on my back for 10 minutes, my side for 10 minutes, then my other side for 10 minutes. Just to get good coverage in there, you know?

I LOL'd so loudly at that image! Im glad it worked for you!

Might be TMI, but surprising the cycle when I got my BFP most of the time I was on top for BD and then would elevate my hips for 10-20mins after we finished. I know they always say that missionary is best but it wasn't working for me.

Interesting! Thats what I did this month, too! I can't stand missionary. Lets hope it works.

Hahaha Mirolee so true.

Sleazy outfits, I tell ya. Whip out some lingerie, some thigh highs, heels, maybe some candles...seduce him :)

Rachel and Nichole-- Have you tested? any news??

I'm having strange pain in my boobs. Thinking its just early AF. I have been breaking out too, which is very typical pre-AF. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->