We'll Be Over The Moon, When We Get Our BFPs In June! Newbies welcome :)

thinking of you and OH today, Cassidy!

ohhh maybe I need them all the time while preggo. My legs feel swollen and ankles too by the end of the day.

Emily, I am also a runner and love lululemon compression socks. They're cute and knee high. They're a bit of a splurge but worth every penny. I haven't had shin splints since I started wearing them! Shockdoctor makes really nice "wraps" that help for after a run, too.

Cassidy, I'm keeping you and OH in my thoughts today. I hope all goes well and he has a quick easy recovery.

Lol I'm going running tonight for the first time in ages! Haven't moved A MUSCLE since I found out I was prego a year ago.. Sounds like it couldn't hurt! Anything to make a "good" egg. Lol- reminds me of Willy Wonka too, whoever said that a while back. I would just be so scared to run during implantation/1st trimester for fears I'd bounce bean around..?

I went running the evening before my first pee stick BFP. I could tell something was different, but I assumed it was because I went running after dinner when I usually went before dinner. Ill admit I haven't ran since I got the BFP, doc asked me not to run.

I ran last month during the tww but I'm not going to this time around...I've got 4 days to relax, kick back at hopefully let a little bean dig in. Well 3 more days now. Ah then I go back to work for July 1st....the worst day of the year for a nurse in a teaching hospital. Well really the beginning of the worst couple months...July 1st is when the entire hospital gets fresh meat. Aka new residents. Fresh out of med school. Just in time for 4th of July. Add in being a level 1 trauma center and you've got yourself a disaster. I can't wait. We've got 6 new ER residents who we get to shape into doctors and teach them how to clean up after themselves and respect their nurses...or we make their residency hell. Muauuuuhhhh hahahaaaaha

I ran last month during the tww but I'm not going to this time around...I've got 4 days to relax, kick back at hopefully let a little bean dig in. Well 3 more days now. Ah then I go back to work for July 1st....the worst day of the year for a nurse in a teaching hospital. Well really the beginning of the worst couple months...July 1st is when the entire hospital gets fresh meat. Aka new residents. Fresh out of med school. Just in time for 4th of July. Add in being a level 1 trauma center and you've got yourself a disaster. I can't wait. We've got 6 new ER residents who we get to shape into doctors and teach them how to clean up after themselves and respect their nurses...or we make their residency hell. Muauuuuhhhh hahahaaaaha

This just really makes me think of Grey's Anatomy right now lol. I just got done with a massive Netflix marathon so it's on my brain. Good luck though!

I had a few hours of pretty crazy cramping last night with a temp spike this morning and while I know it's still early, I'm hoping it means something lol. OH & our daughters are going out of town tomorrow until Tuesday. I only have to work on Monday (which is why I'm staying home) and I'm so so so so so excited to have the house to myself so I can sleep in until whenever I want & clean the whole place spotless. In the last 14 months, the amount of time alone I've had in our place combined would equal less than a day lol. So excited. It'd be nice to get a BFP too, to put a cherry on top of the peace & quiet lol.

Anyway - I've been wanting to start running but simply put... I don't know how to properly run. Whenever I do, I wind up with shin pain within minutes. But a friend of mine lost a lot of weight, started eating healthy and became a marathoner & was actually featured on The Today Show a couple months back because of her story and ever since she started training (before she ran her first half-marathon even), it inspired me to want to start running but it's been 2 years and that hasn't happened yet. Oh well.

Another friend is pregnant with her 4th child and has been doing crazy prenatal workouts every day since she found out and I think that if I wind up pregnant again, I'd like to do the same. It'd be nice to be more active/in shape... eat better... have more energy because I have none whatsoever, all the time lol.

I had a few hours of pretty crazy cramping last night with a temp spike this morning and while I know it's still early, I'm hoping it means something lol. OH & our daughters are going out of town tomorrow until Tuesday. I only have to work on Monday (which is why I'm staying home) and I'm so so so so so excited to have the house to myself so I can sleep in until whenever I want & clean the whole place spotless. In the last 14 months, the amount of time alone I've had in our place combined would equal less than a day lol. So excited. It'd be nice to get a BFP too, to put a cherry on top of the peace & quiet lol.

Anyway - I've been wanting to start running but simply put... I don't know how to properly run. Whenever I do, I wind up with shin pain within minutes. But a friend of mine lost a lot of weight, started eating healthy and became a marathoner & was actually featured on The Today Show a couple months back because of her story and ever since she started training (before she ran her first half-marathon even), it inspired me to want to start running but it's been 2 years and that hasn't happened yet. Oh well.

Another friend is pregnant with her 4th child and has been doing crazy prenatal workouts every day since she found out and I think that if I wind up pregnant again, I'd like to do the same. It'd be nice to be more active/in shape... eat better... have more energy because I have none whatsoever, all the time lol.

I found an app a few years ago that helped me a lot. It was something like "couch to 5k" and it would sync with my ipod, pause my music when I was supposed to be walking and then play music when you're supposed to run. It helped a lot because I would start out running too hard and then have no energy to run for more than 5 minutes, and i would be too winded. With this app, you start running for short intervals and work your way up. It took about 6 weeks of running 5 days a week to really see a huge improvement. I now use a similar app to track my run, how fast my miles are and how long, etc.

Enjoy your peace and quiet! OH is going to be at a baseball game tomorrow with his dad, and i am so looking forward to having the house to myself (well, with the puppy). I can't imagine how excited you are!

I found an app a few years ago that helped me a lot. It was something like "couch to 5k" and it would sync with my ipod, pause my music when I was supposed to be walking and then play music when you're supposed to run. It helped a lot because I would start out running too hard and then have no energy to run for more than 5 minutes, and i would be too winded. With this app, you start running for short intervals and work your way up. It took about 6 weeks of running 5 days a week to really see a huge improvement. I now use a similar app to track my run, how fast my miles are and how long, etc.
!

I used this too! I was able to work up to running a 10k in under an hour! :)

I've heard of the Couch to 5K program before but never looked into it. I should sometime lol.

Just got hit with a dull headache and some nausea. I'm just crossing my fingers it's a positive sign lol.

Hey ladies- thanks for thinking of us :) We got a call yesterday that his appointment got moved back from 11 to 12. Then got a call this morning at 7.30 am that his appointment got moved up to 10am. Got up there at 9.50 and they didn't get him back into surgery until 1pm!!!! So annoying. Surgery was quick though, 45 minutes and we were back there with him waiting for him to wake up. They said it went well and he has his post-op appointment next Wednesday.

I'm glad things went well!

One time DH had a surgery scheduled for 11am and they didn't get him in until 6pm because of complications. It was horrible! Because of the rule 'no eating 12 hours before surgery', 24 hours had gone by before he could finally eat. He was going through chemo at the time so I definitely was not happy! Boy did I pull the bitchy wife card that day.

Moral of the story is to always try and be the first surgery of the day :haha:

Hey ladies- thanks for thinking of us :) We got a call yesterday that his appointment got moved back from 11 to 12. Then got a call this morning at 7.30 am that his appointment got moved up to 10am. Got up there at 9.50 and they didn't get him back into surgery until 1pm!!!! So annoying. Surgery was quick though, 45 minutes and we were back there with him waiting for him to wake up. They said it went well and he has his post-op appointment next Wednesday.

Ugh how frustrating! Glad it was quick and went smoothly though. Hope the recovery is quick and they get back to you with some answers soon!

Lol Cassidy, I just noticed that you and I are basically on the same schedule right now for our cycles.

I think I see the most faint second line starting but I realize it's probably all in my head/line eye so I thought I'd ask for opinions.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 11
Waves, I don't see anything but its still early, keep testing!

OH and I are packing today. We got evicted and have to move by monday. my landlord gave us this puppy, and then evicted us for having a dog. Yeah..we don't understand it either. So, for the time being (on such short notice) We are packing everything and putting it into storage until we can find a new house, and moving in with his parents. I don't know if i have ever been so stressed in my life! I had a total meltdown and cried all morning! We have to find a new home for the puppy too, because his parents are allergic to dogs. :(

Amanda that's terrible! I'm so sorry that's happening. Were u in a house or an apartment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->