Well its a funny story....

Wriggley

Reaction score
'well its a funny story' is what il be saying to my grandad when i give him his christmas present :rofl:

My grandad is quite the 'collector' loves anything to do with trains, star trek, star wars etc.. likes to collect stuff... hes even converted his attic into a 'man cave' where he stores all his collectables...

So we are currently spending alot of time at another town on our island as theres a folk festival on. Last couple of days ive noticed a 'star trek complete fact file set' in the window of a charity shop that we have walked passed quite alot.

This is what was in the window for a few quid with a sign on saying 'complete set'

https://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c135/naomi411/20140814_213004_zps594ce832.jpg

today i decided to go in and have a look. It was in great condition and all the sheets were there in the folder.

I thought BARGAIN that will make a fab little pressie for my grandad as its the exact sort of thing he likes.

So i pay the man in the charity shop to which he responds 'thanks... let me go out back and get the rest of the set...'

me: :shock: eh? what you mean the rest? is this not it?!?!?!
man in the charity shop: No... theres 17 more of them.. all included in the price!
me: 17 MORE!?!?!?!

luckily the shop was on the corner of the street a family member lives on so i was able to make a couple of runs with the buggy :rofl:

https://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c135/naomi411/20140814_212945_zps0c97f922.jpg

Wow! That's a great find! I'm sure he'll love it. :D

Are you going to wrap them together or separate? :lol:

You should wrap one and let him open it and then bring out all the rest.

I wont actually be seeing him on xmas day il likely give him his presents a few days before which he normally saves to unwrap on xmas so basically I need to find a way to wrap them so they are transportable.

today i hid HALF in a box (need to find another box for the rest) and i could barely list it :rofl:

Its a shame because I really wanna be there to explain why hes got so many but i wont actually get to see him open them :(

That's awesome I bet he'll love it! Maybe in a card explain what happened? I bet he will find it amusing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->