Wet bag - necessary?

New2Bumps

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys
Reaction score
Just a couple of Qs and issues;

- Do all of you have a wet bag? Could I just use normal fragranced nappy sacks in my changing bag to take a nappy home in?

- I'm thinking that maybe I'm underestimating the smell of a pooey real nappy and that I need a wet bag and I'll have to hang it off my changing bag when there is a pooey nappy in it, not put inside. Is this right?

I'm sure I'll buy one eventually but I need to know if it's an essential rather than a luxury. I've heard the weenotions ones are best, any other ones I should check out?

ive never had a wetbag, i use nappy sacks and have never had a problem, i usually put the nappy inside the nappy bag then inside a carrier bag and hang it off my pram hook

x

I just had a small waterproof bag that came with my changing bag so never brought one! It does just fine :)

I'm like Vici and use a zipped waterproof one that came with bag... if I have a bad day (out + lots of nasppies) I just use carrier bags... and stick them inside changing bag. I'm sure nappy ags are fine, you'll just have to throw them out!!

I have a big wetbag... Mainly just for convenience! It fits well in my changebag and when Im home I just leave the zip wide open and just bang it in the wash and the manky nappies just fall out while their washing and it washes the wetbag at the same time so I dont have to touch them :rofl: also it saves on having to carry sacks out with you and is a bit more eco friendly :D ! But you can get eco sacks from tesco if thats what you'd wanna do :) ! x

I dont have one at the moment, I spend all my money on nappies instead...haha! I have been putting dirty nappies in nappy bags when out til now but will be getting a wetbag in the next few weeks, I dont like having to throw the nappy sacks away and I want something pretty to play with :)

I got a free one when I bought my pop in from FYP, it's drawstring but does the job x

I have a fleece bag with waterproof lining that I got with some wipes. It's pretty but I don't use it as a wetbag cos it's quite bulky to cart around because of the fleece. I use the free ones that came with my pop-ins. The small/one nappy size ones are great for dirty nappies and I use the big ones for my clean ones to stop them getting fluffy in my bag. I do sometimes use disposable nappy sacks too, as I use eco disposable wipes when I'm out and about. For a wet nappy, I just put them in the nappy and then in a wetbag, but for dirty wipes, I don't want to have to dig through the nappy to get them out at home so I use a nappy sack.

Can you get non-scented nappy sacks? I hate the smell of ours. I don't find that dirty nappies smell once they're shut in a wetbag, but those nappy sacks stink! Nothing says POO more than that sickly sweet smell!

It's not essential, but I would rather re-use a wet bag over and over than use nappy sacks :).

I have a Monkey Foot one and love it.

You can get good cheap ones though, I think zippered ones are best as I used to have a drawstring one and it was rubbish.

It's not essential, but I would rather re-use a wet bag over and over than use nappy sacks :).

I have a Monkey Foot one and love it.

You can get good cheap ones though, I think zippered ones are best as I used to have a drawstring one and it was rubbish.

This! I bought a drawstring one and thought it was rubbish. My Monkey Foot arrived yesterday and I looooove it! It looks pretty and i'd much rather use one of these than nappy sacks.

I got the Jungle Jam and it's looovely, I would get another if they were cheaper! Lol.

I had a small zippered wet bag with my changing bag but the sides split, so I decided to get a real wetbag and I really like it, zappy sacks are an option but I don't like using them as I don't like using any kind of plastic bag, I know you can get the degradable ones but it's still something disposable that I can get a reusable option for

those monkeyfoot bags are delicious! I'm getting a (omit that I'm getting two :rofl:) planetwise wet bags when the stockists has more patterns in the size I need. They just have some lovely designs I can't ignore! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->