Weve given up smoking - support us or join us please

Def try the gp, they can prescribe the patches etc so cheaper for you and going in to see the nurse/group whichever you do must be like weight watchers for smoking. My friend did it via gp and is still smoke free.

Also - put the money you used to spend smoking aside so you can see it mount up...

Don't turn to food !!!

i have a copy of alan carrs book but have alwasy been too scared to read it (how stupid does that sound!!??!!)

I threw the first copy I bought of it away as I didn't want to quit. Now that was stupid!

hey
jutst wanted to say good luck & stay strong!!!
me & hubby are in process of cutting down for 1 week (got losenges) before our quit day next week. i have cut down from about 12 a day to 2/3.

have had lots of people recommend the allen carr book i think im gonna have to go buy it & see for myself!!

sorry no advice as i quit cold turkey the day i found out i was pregnant, but good luck!! just think of all the benefits for your lo, and the fact you can buy them new clothes and toys etc more often:)

I just wanted to wish you luck! :)

I don't have any tips, I quit cold turkey the day I got my BFP and found it far easier than I expected... But my OH still hasnt managed to quit despite trying many times and I know he really is trying! So I do understand it isn't always easy! x

Can we do it together :blush::blush:

I also smoked on and off through pregnancy so no judgement at all here :flower:

DH wants to stop too but we keep making excuses/nipping out for 'the last pack' :dohh: He said it again this morning so when they are gone they are gone :thumbup: I will make him stick to it this time but feel I may need help :blush: I have some patches and an inhalator so good to go.

Def go to your GP or pharmacy, many of them have smoking cessassion advisers (I am one ironically!!) and you can get the patches for free then if you dont pay for your prescriptions. I think nearly every Asda has an advisor in their pharmacy xx

getting champnix (not sure if thats the correct spelling) off the doctor next week and hopefully that will work.

good luck

Hi again just wanted to say don't worry if you do turn to food, as it is certainly the lesser of two evils, and you can always diet later! If it makes you feel better and stops you going for a ciggie, then have it/eat it/drink it, whatever!

As for champix, I've heard nothing but good things about the results, so it's definitely a good option.

getting champnix (not sure if thats the correct spelling) off the doctor next week and hopefully that will work.

good luck

Champix is brilliant I have used it previously (then stupidly started again:dohh:) Unfortunately coz of the ADs Im on I cant take it this time xx

And for all those wanting the Allen Carr book I just found this on Ebay xx https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180664882025&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

DH wants to stop too but we keep making excuses/nipping out for 'the last pack' :dohh: He said it again this morning so when they are gone they are gone :thumbup: I will make him stick to it this time but feel I may need help :blush: I have some patches and an inhalator so good to go.

Def go to your GP or pharmacy, many of them have smoking cessassion advisers (I am one ironically!!) and you can get the patches for free then if you dont pay for your prescriptions. I think nearly every Asda has an advisor in their pharmacy xx

Of course we can quit together,

I have been given my wake up call today as spent 3 hours in a n e peafuatrics as LO has chest infection nothing to do with the smoking (we didn't smoke in house) but was enough to scare crap outta me, both oh n I walked out the hospital and said that's it no more, I've found my motivation!!!

Have patch on and fags are in bin, oh has decided to go cold turkey.

WE CAN DO THIS xxx

In reply to the lady who said about food ,I've found in past lollipops work for me, obviously not that well as I still smoke but I've been to stock up on them!!

I don't smoke, never have, but my OH did and he quit using that new Nicorette Quick Mist Spray. It is quite expensive but OH says it works, he also said its like having a whole cig in one go (not sure if thats good or bad lol)

https://www.nicorette.co.uk/products/quick-mist

Hope this helps, good luck x

something to keep in the back of ur mind is that even if u didnt smoke in the house and went outside, the smoke still attaches to ur hair, skin and clothes so ur lo would still of been breathing in that smoke even if u smoked no where near her.

zane used to have problems with his chest, i found when he was really bad id close the bathroom door turn on the hot tap to steam the room up and sit in there with him for 5 mins and it would clear his chest. it works like a nebuliser

I don't smoke, never have, but my OH did and he quit using that new Nicorette Quick Mist Spray. It is quite expensive but OH says it works, he also said its like having a whole cig in one go (not sure if thats good or bad lol)

https://www.nicorette.co.uk/products/quick-mist

Hope this helps, good luck x

off topic, but im from stafford too :)

Which part (if you don't mind me asking) I'm from highfields x

Of course we can quit together,

I have been given my wake up call today as spent 3 hours in a n e peafuatrics as LO has chest infection nothing to do with the smoking (we didn't smoke in house) but was enough to scare crap outta me, both oh n I walked out the hospital and said that's it no more, I've found my motivation!!!

Have patch on and fags are in bin, oh has decided to go cold turkey.

WE CAN DO THIS xxx

Yay, yes we can xxx

Hope you LO is feeling better now, that would scare me too :hugs: We will have to keep bumping this thread and motivating each other :thumbup:

Im going to Asda tomorrow so might stock up on SF lollys xx

Good luck! I quit while preggers and it was really hard. Best thing I ever did thoughm I have heard good thing about the drug the doc gives, zyban? Something like that anyway. also a few friends recommend a book, think it's by Alan Carr, not the comedian! Clled the easy way or something. Apparently it is really boring but when you put it down, you just don't wnt one anymore!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->