Weve given up smoking - support us or join us please

If you do want to get a drug from the doctor, try and get champix not zyban - it has less severe side effects...zyban has some horrible ones :(

^i meant that champix, not zyban. Got confused!

Drs dont tend to give Zyban out anymore, not only coz of the side effects its less effective than Champix (and if I remember rightly more expensive, though even Champix is £27ish a pack!!) xx

I haven't read any of the replies os I dont know if this has been mentioned, but I was just like you and 4 months ago I read Allen Carrs "Easy way to stop smoking" As one of my friends quit using it, I really didnt think it would work as I had tried everything and I was a proper smoker and started when I was 14 and I'm now 25! I thought I had nothing to lose so read it! And it worked! I couldnt, and still cant believe I am a non smoker! So I really urge you to read this book! Without sounding corney it has saved my life.

Good luck xxx

getting champnix (not sure if thats the correct spelling) off the doctor next week and hopefully that will work.

good luck

I quit using that. I smoked for 13 years (25+ a day) and Champix was a god send for me. It made it so much easier. I also know several people who successfully quit using it. It's amazing! I can't recommend it enough. I have now been 100% smoke free for almost 2 years.
OP - good luck! You can do it :)

Good luck hun :hugs: I also smoked through my pregnancy and regret it terribly. It's the worst feeling in the world :( I hope you succeed and kick the habit for good. I still haven't managed to but one day I hope I will.

Well ladies I've now done a day smoke free!!!

Thought this morning would be hard but have played with LO instead I'd having fag, MUCH more enjoyable :-D oh has also not smoked...

Hope you don't mind if I use this thread as my support thread, helps being able to talk to others bout it, I do have patch on n haven't ripped anyone's head off yet!!! Hehe although my mum is coming round today!!!

Wll done!

One of my friends gave up recently, and he always said when he really wanted a ciggie he would wait 5 mins and if he still really wanted one hr could have one. He never wanted one! The cravings always passed quickly. Good luck for day 2!

Hurray well done! First step done -tick! :) I used that as my motivation too, once I'd done a day I kept thinking oh I don't want one I've come this far...etc etc! Have you read Allen Carr too, read it if not it'll give you extra motivation :)
Congrats again :)

Well ladies I've now done a day smoke free!!!

Thought this morning would be hard but have played with LO instead I'd having fag, MUCH more enjoyable :-D oh has also not smoked...

Hope you don't mind if I use this thread as my support thread, helps being able to talk to others bout it, I do have patch on n haven't ripped anyone's head off yet!!! Hehe although my mum is coming round today!!!

I have a patch on today aswell, though I did have a fag this morning when I got up at 6.30 :dohh: I think thats where I might have a problem, before I put the patch on :wacko: but we CAN do it.

OH is in bed as he was at work last night so am busying myself tidying and playing with LO ATM.

Can I use it as motivation too please :hugs:

Just some reading for you guys. You can do it!!

https://whyquit.com/whyquit/LinksAAddiction.html

Of course you can !!! I've just been out and bought masses of fruit, I find if I have an orange it helps?!? Not sure why?!?

Got really stuck while ago when LO was sleeping as suddenly I found myself stuck with nowt to do, can't be bothered to mop tre floor today!!

Only half hour before my mum gets here, she normally drives me mad but I won't crack!!!

Good luck! Good luck! Good luck!
If you find your cravings are worst first thing in the morning, you could try wearing a 24hr patch (that way you'll have built up a supply of nicotine by the time you wake), or have a nicotine gum/lozenge as soon as you wake, while you're waiting to your patch to kick in.
Good luck again!
xx

If you find your cravings are worst first thing in the morning, you could try wearing a 24hr patch (that way you'll have built up a supply of nicotine by the time you wake), or have a nicotine gum/lozenge as soon as you wake, while you're waiting to your patch to kick in.
Good luck again!
xx

I tried them before but the nightmares were really bad and bizarre on them so I was advised to use the 16hr ones, may have to give them another go though as that is definately my worst time :hugs:

Good luck again!
xx

I tried them before but the nightmares were really bad and bizarre on them so I was advised to use the 16hr ones, may have to give them another go though as that is definately my worst time :hugs:

Ah, that's a shame! :(. Maybe the lozenges/gum/inhalator could get you over that tricky period.
I wish you all the luck in the world.
xx

Good luck again!
xx

Ah, that's a shame! :(. Maybe the lozenges/gum/inhalator could get you over that tricky period.
I wish you all the luck in the world.
xx

Thanks hun, Ive got an inhalator so Im gonna take it to bed tonight for the morning before I have my shower and can put my patch on :haha:

Feeling a bit wobbly now but Im holding strong bl***y DH bought some fags, talk about shoving it in my face :growlmad::growlmad:

Oh no! Keep strong though, you are doing really well!

Well day 3 is here and I'm still smoke free :-D

Few times yesterday my brain talked bout smoking!! Went shopping in town n as soon as I was pushing LO round I thought to myself I'll go into matalan then have fag!!! Or on e we'd finished shopping I thought to myself right home, cuppa and then fag!!! But I didn't !!

Worst was last night after dinner but oh was great n just bought me ice cream n yoghurt :-D

Today will be challenge am going to my best mates who has always been my smoking buddy!! Haven't told her I've given up yet but will tell her today,she is good n won't smoke around LO so I can avoid it hopefully

girls just wanted to say thanks for support please keep it up as I think of you girls when I think bout having fag n then having to admit id failed to all you guys!!!

Good luck darlin :) it's amazing how much better you feel, I've been trying to quit since my BFP, only managed to cut down to 1-2 a day, i've now been smoke free for 3 days straight and going strong! OH has quit with me and we're both amazed at not only the health improvement, but how money we have! It's so so worth it hun, stay strong!!

Would u like to join us too???

I know from when ice tried to quit before after day 3/4 o feel so much more healthy. At moment my chest us quite tight but u know it'll pass.

My oh has also quit so that helps massively

Oh has agreed that as much as seeing physical money doesn't motivate us that I can buy jumperoo for LO once we've reached a month, So every alternate month we will buy something fit each if us with the money we've saved, and month in middle LO will get big gift!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->