What are the chances of a false negative?

So sorry your body is giving you the run around. Hope you find out soon one way or the other.

false negatives must be quite common, i had a false negative at the beginning of March though i knew i was pregnant. so went to buy another and sure enough after taking that one it came back positive. it all depends on the time you test and weather or not you are peeing on the stick correctly too haha hope this helps

Thanks girls. I'm starting to think maybe I didn't do the test right, or wait long enough. With Caitlyn the + came up straight away so when it didn't this time I just didn't look again and threw it away. I was nervous when peeing too so I don't even remember if I held it still...

I will take another test in a few days if the :witch: doesn't come first!

I can't cope with this much longer..

I'm sooo dizzy
Have bad insomnia
Lost appetite
No :witch:
Feel sick
Crampy uterus
Peeing loads
Soooo tired (but can't sleep)
Super sensitive boobs
Got the sneezes. I couldn't stop sneezing when pregnant with Caitlyn.

Have you tested again sweetie? Are you going to test again. From what ive heard false negatives are commen. Fingers crossed for you.:hugs::hugs:

I don't want to test again. I was so disappointed when there was no + on the test...

:shrug: Will probably test at the weekend again if :witch: still isn't here!

Your symptoms sound a lot like mine (which have died down)

I got a negative test first time (but I wasn't late my then). I also found out at the weekend that the first test my SIL did was negative. She was on the pill (or thought she was) so wouldn't have tested till she was late.
These were both on cheap dip tests, so I'd say wait a day or two and try again.

It must be hugely annoying for you hon, hope you get an answer soon x

oh toria, big big :hugs: it does seem false negatives a quite common, maybe a doctors blood test in the way to go, really hope you get your answers soon :hugs: x

Try using superdrug'd own iv heard they can be better than others the pick up less of the hormone.

I'd recommend the superdrugs own make test also! They were the only ones that showed a faint line, CB and all the other said no even though I actually was pregnant, I knew I was no matter what the tests said and that little faint line that i could only see if i held it up to the window confirmed it for me!!

So you could try one of those, they are usually on offer and pretty cheap anyway..

Goodluck! psssss Im TTC again too :happydance:

i have a false negative when i was pregnant with ali one week after my af was due so it is possible!!!! try again in a few days time. X

I'd recommend the superdrugs own make test also! They were the only ones that showed a faint line, CB and all the other said no even though I actually was pregnant, I knew I was no matter what the tests said and that little faint line that i could only see if i held it up to the window confirmed it for me!!

So you could try one of those, they are usually on offer and pretty cheap anyway..

Goodluck! psssss Im TTC again too :happydance:

awwww so am i hun. my baby boy is almost 9 months old. we have been trying since 11th of march. i am hoping so much to have a 2010 baby!!!! good luck to you!!!

I had 3 negatives before my positive, even just the week before.

xxx

Ive never had regular cycles so Ive got no idea.

First test was because a Dr told me to take it, 2nd was because I had a few symptoms, 3rd because they got worse and 4th got my BFP :)

xxx

i forgot to say yesterday when i was pregnant the last time i did a test and it was positive then another and it was negetive then another postive,

i could be the test was faulty or not enough hormones if ur testing early they recommed the first morinig pee

goodluck

I think if I am it was a mixtrue of drinking half hour before, not concentrating, and not waiting long enough..

yeah could be that if testing in the afternoon ur surpossed to hold it in for a few hours and not drink anymore lets it get strong and undulited.

If you drank a lot before your pee was probably more water than actual urine so wouldn't have been very accurate. The main reason your supposed to pee in something is so you can see how dark it is :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->