What are you prewashing?

Munchkin30

1 DD,2 losses, Pregnant!!
Reaction score
Hey all,
Well at 38+3 there's no sign of the impending arrival so I think I need to get something useful done!

I had lots of second hand clothes from my sis (half of them were my dds anyway!) so I've washed all the newborn and 0-3 months stuff and baby blankets.

Now I'm not sure whether I should be washing brand new cot sheets?? Second hand (from my sis) cot sheets?? Cloth nappies?? Baby wraps/slings?? What are you all washing??

Thanks all xxx

I have washed any clothes we have been given second hand, to give it our own "smell" :haha: Haven't washed the new clothes yet, but I plan on doing that in a week or so.

I've also washed all our cloth nappies - you should too, if there are any natural fibres such as bamboo in them, to ensure maximum absorbency when it comes time to use them :) With natural fibres, a 24hr soak in just cold water then a spin out in the washing machine will do nicely!

I washed all new and hand-me-down clothes, blankets, and sheets.

I've washed all the 0-3 and newborn clothes, sheets, blankets and sleeping bags. I've also washed my reusable breast pads and I will wash the cloth nappies as well, although I've been a bit lazy about that as we are going to be using disposables for the first few weeks.

I've washed all the 0-3 and newborn clothes, sheets, blankets and sleeping bags. I've also washed my reusable breast pads and I will wash the cloth nappies as well, although I've been a bit lazy about that as we are going to be using disposables for the first few weeks.

Breast pads :dohh: they're all new too!

I think I'll do a wash with them and the littler nappies today and see how far I get.

I have washed any clothes we have been given second hand, to give it our own "smell" :haha: Haven't washed the new clothes yet, but I plan on doing that in a week or so.

I've also washed all our cloth nappies - you should too, if there are any natural fibres such as bamboo in them, to ensure maximum absorbency when it comes time to use them :) With natural fibres, a 24hr soak in just cold water then a spin out in the washing machine will do nicely!

Yes I wanted the clothes to smell like us too, the nappies are all second hand. They're mainly artificial fibres but wuth some bamboo inserts. Do I really have to wash them separately every time?? It's never gonna happen!!

I've literally washed anything that might tough her skin xx

I've washed all new clothes, sheets and blankets and all DSs old newborn clothes, sheets, blankets and my stretchy wrap.

I haven't washed any of DSs 0-3 yet and I've only bought a couple of 1-2 month bits.

Yes I wanted the clothes to smell like us too, the nappies are all second hand. They're mainly artificial fibres but wuth some bamboo inserts. Do I really have to wash them separately every time?? It's never gonna happen!!

I have not heard of washing inserts separately from covers. Although since they are second hand you may want to look into stripping/sanitizing them before washing to bring out the hidden filth. I did a bleach soak with some used prefolds I purchased and the stuff that came to the surface was unreal...they are nice and clean now though.

The only thing I have washed so far are my cloth diapers. I am not sure whether or not I am going to wash the new clothing, and I have some used clothing but I do not really intend to use it.

I've washed all clothes up to 3 months (most were dds) and sheets. Still have blankets and towels to do and I will wash any new clothes this LO is given.

I only bought clothes up to 3 months and washed all of them. Muslin cloths, swaddle blankets, blankets, hats etc have all been washed. I didn't buy any cot sheets as we haven't assembled our cosleeper and I dunno what size sheets to get yet...but we are washing cot sheets before using them.

from my understanding, when prepping your diapers, the different materials should be done separately due to the natural oils and such in the diapers...once they are prepped you can wash all the different materials together. No experience here, just lots of research :flower:

I have washed all 2nd hand clothing. I have not washed anything that was new but probably will at some point in time.

Everything. Old, new...all of it. Anything I could throw in the washer was thrown in. Including all socks, burp cloths, sheets, blankets etc. In part bc I felt comfortable knowing everything would be fresh and clean for her and in part bc my husband is OCD and wanted it done lol!

Everything. Old, new...all of it. Anything I could throw in the washer was thrown in. Including all socks, burp cloths, sheets, blankets etc. In part bc I felt comfortable knowing everything would be fresh and clean for her and in part bc my husband is OCD and wanted it done lol!

I don't think my oh knows or cares how to turn on the washing machine!!

I haven't done anything yet (waiting for maternity leave to give me something to keep me busy!) but I plan on washing absolutely everything, even the canopy and fabric part of the moses basket (but mainly due to getting it from the shelf in the shop rather than having it newly ordered in)
But if we bought or were given anything, if it can go in the wash it's being washed!

I probably won't be washing the stuff DS2 wore because it feels like I just put it away! Anything new or second hand from someone else I will wash.

My diapers had it written on them to wash the covers and inserts separately but I never did and they're fine.

[/QUOTE

I don't think my oh knows or cares how to turn on the washing machine!![/QUOTE]

Lol!! Mine is a very house savvy man. Jack of all trades if you will! Lol

I have no rhyme or reason to what I've washed and not.
I washed some of the new stuff, some of it I got over excited and didn't, like the dust ruffle and the current crib sheet lol.
I washed all the receiving, wash and other blankets. I didn't wash all second hand, it was a lot and don't have concerns. I've also got the nipples and soothers ready for sterilization in the upcoming weeks.

I'm probably a terrible mom lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->