What are you prewashing?

I'm not washing anything that's new. Washed some second hand bits but only from people I don't know as well, not stuff from family

I'm just about to wash everything that will touch new babies skin, ds old clothes, new items ive bought, blankets, Moses basket covers, hats, bibs, anything I can get my hands on 😂xxx

I washed everything and its momma.
Some things shrunk even though I dried them on low heat. ALL of the Gerber stuff looks a tad bit smaller than everything else especially the Carter's stuff.

That and my fur kids thought all that stuff was for them :haha:
Came home from the baby shower with stuff in bags. Dogs just hopped right on in the bags. I guess they figured it wasn't Christmas so it was time to open their presents...which didn't belong to them.

Anyone notice that the level of washing sterilizing you feel you have to or should do sometimes decreases after the first baby? Lol.

I have washed everything. New clothes, second hand clothes, blankets, sheets. I want them as soft as possible plus I love the smell of the detergent. Lol

Anyone notice that the level of washing sterilizing you feel you have to or should do sometimes decreases after the first baby? Lol.
Yep!! I've no desire to mess about washing any more clothes than necessary and I don't sterilise anyway. :D

EVERYTHING :haha:

I haven't done any of it yet but with my first we washed basically everything that was babys even brand new stuff, I just thought that washing them made them smell nicer then the new clothes smell haha and also some things don't come in packaging and God knows who's had their grubby fingers all over it when it was hanging up in the shop :haha:

I mean if you have time might as well! But if I didn't have lots of time I would priorities cleaning the second hand stuff first and the newborn stuff :thumbup:

i wash everything. We do 'baby wash' and just throw all the baby clothes, bed sheets, towels, blankets, etc. in the washer at the same time since we use dye/scent free soap for the baby stuff.

We'll I've done all the newborn and 0-3 unisex clothes. I've done baby blankets, nappies, wraps, slings but I still need to do sheets and then start on the next lot of clothes.

I'm not washing anything...my mums washing it for me!! Lol. Well, she did offer so I jumped at the chance as I know that she'll iron it all too. Not sure she imagined there'd be quite so much stuff but I've given her all of the 0-3 and the 3-6 clothes that were in the loft plus the Moses basket and blankets. I don't wash things that are new as I don't think they're quite the same again afterwards but that's just me

I'm washing pretty well everything. Towels, baby-sized cloths, clothes, all our cloth diapers and inserts, receiving blankets, crib sheets, basically anything made of fabric, lol. I think the only fabric things I haven't pre-washed are the change table covers.

I pre-washed everything fabric that touches the baby, basically. I wouldn't have worried about hand me downs because I know the people who handed them down washed them, but they all sat in the living room and got covered in dog and cat hair before we got the dresser put together, so they really needed it. A lot of it was just nesting, though. If we had a diaper disaster out of the house and I had to buy him a fresh outfit, I wouldn't worry about putting it on him unwashed.

Everything. Clothes up to 6 months, blankets, sheets, socks... Have even sterilized bottles and pacis. I think we might get the crib set up tomorrow, so I'll be washing the crib set as well.

Hmm... I haven't washed anything yet but am kind of the opposite of some of you - I was planning on washing all the NEW sheets and clothes because a)chemicals b) who knows who touched them in the store?

All the secondhand clothes I got from the same friend and they were all washed before she gave them to me (I mean nobody gets dirty secondhand clothes right?) so I'm not sure why I should wash them? Is that gross?

Clothes, wraps, blankets, towel cloth diapers

Hmm... I haven't washed anything yet but am kind of the opposite of some of you - I was planning on washing all the NEW sheets and clothes because a)chemicals b) who knows who touched them in the store?

All the secondhand clothes I got from the same friend and they were all washed before she gave them to me (I mean nobody gets dirty secondhand clothes right?) so I'm not sure why I should wash them? Is that gross?

Not gross, I would wash secondhand just to freshen it up after it's been stored away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->