What benifits am i entitled to?

So with your OH wages and your HB without your child benefit or icome support if you still get it, you get £1952 a month and you want more?!

So with your OH wages and your HB without your child benefit or icome support if you still get it, you get £1952 a month and you want more?!

omg! if i had that to live on id be a happy bunny

I have to agree that the amount of housing benefit your getting and the situation you are in don't seem to add up. If I were you I would be in the office making sure they have given you the right amount, because you will have to pay it back if they are overpaying you, which it seems they are.

Your OH works and you are getting that much in Housing benefit? That doesnt seem right knowing the benefits system as I do.

Just noticed he works full time and earns £800 a month, Id calculate that to be more £100 in Housing Benefit depending on your ocal authority LHA.

Edited again to add, are you still on income support though your OH works full time?

No im not on income support and he gets 800 before tax and insurance so its about 600 to be honest lool sorry​

they work out any benifits ur entitled for on the amount ur oh gets paid before tax anyway

Your OH works and you are getting that much in Housing benefit? That doesnt seem right knowing the benefits system as I do.

Just noticed he works full time and earns £800 a month, Id calculate that to be more £100 in Housing Benefit depending on your ocal authority LHA.

Edited again to add, are you still on income support though your OH works full time?

No im not on income support and he gets 800 before tax and insurance so its about 600 to be honest lool sorry​

If he's paying that much tax theres something wrong but it doesn't matter what you get after tax anyway. I smell something very fishy.

did you apply for/get the surestart grant during your pregnancy? if not you could still apply up til your baby is 3 months. Not sure if you'll get it, but for the sake of filling in a form you may just be £500 better off......

Something is not adding up here!!!! You are saying he works 38 hrs a week which is 1976 hrs a year and he gets 800 gross a month which is 9600 a year? You are either not being truthful or his employer needs warning that they are paying FAR below minimum wage - he is only getting 4.85 per hour!

Everyone else is right - you are lucky to get HB when your OH works full time. You also will get CTCs, possible WTCs and CB on top of that. You are better off than I am and both me and my OH work full time and I have a second job! So yes, I do think you should be happy with what you have and don't expect anymore because I sincerely doubt you would get it unless you are leaving things out on the forms or not telling them your OH lives with you?

im truthful about everythin.. and i no i am entitled to it and me and my other half went to our council office and applied for housing benfit together.. so i was just curious if there was anythin else i was entitled to.. i aint tryna be greedy.. im new to all this so i was only wonderin thats all

tesocs pay really well so if ur ohs works 38 hours a week i cant believe u get any benifits if hes given the council the correct info

:\ I worked for tesco when i was 17 still at school and only worked 4 nights a week 3 or 4 hr shifts and i got just shy of 600.

I fail to see how someone can work 38 hours a week there and take home 640 or whatever after tax its just not possible.

My OH is a chef works 60+ hours a week and is on a salary of 15,500 and we get no help, so you should count yourself lucky tbh with what you are getting.

he works at tesco

If he works at Tesco then he will not be getting 4.85 an hour, which is what 800 gross a month for 38 hrs a week works out at, and that is what you told us he gets. I worked for Tesco at 17/18 which is 8 years ago, and was getting 5.25 an hour. I was taking home about 600 a month and not working full time as I was doing A levels! They now pay more than £6 an hour, and the pay goes up when you have been there a certain length of time. So how about telling us the truth now?

Based on that wage, he probably takes home 8-900 a month after tax and NI deductions, and would be able to do some overtime as Tesco always have it by the bucketload. Someone else I know whose OH works and takes home about 800 a month, had 2 kids and a baby on the way, gets working tax credits to top up her OH's wage, child tax credits and child benefit. So I think you need to talk to the job centre about whether you should be getting HB at all and make sure they know absolutely EVERYTHING, as the last thing you would want is for them to work out you're being overpaid and to then have to pay it back... and you would (HMRC overpaid one of our friends tax credits for a couple of years and he is STILL paying back the 2.5k he received innocently). Don't want to end up up shit creek, do you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->