• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What benifits am i entitled to?

also u have to think about whether this could be seen as benifit fraud, its a very serious offense if they do not no all the details and when they find out cuz they always do u cud be in more trouble then just having to pay it back.

also u have to think about whether this could be seen as benifit fraud, its a very serious offense if they do not no all the details and when they find out cuz they always do u cud be in more trouble then just having to pay it back.

Too right, and if it's being done on purpose then I think it's right that someone gets in trouble as well.

Wow you get alot compared to most people! I am signed off work, with a sick note, 22 weeks pregnant, the only money coming in is OHs wage, which is 1100, and we have 700 of bills, with the remaining 400 we've got to get food, and get bits and bats for the baby, you're a lucky woman!!

Another thing, My 'aunty' was claiming somethin for a few years, which she shouldn't have been, was obviously lying! she was taken to court, almost sent down, now shes lost her house, husband and lives in a poxy flat, with a poxy job!! Says it all really

I did a rough calculation on entitledto.co.uk based on the info you have given us about when your child was born, how many hrs your OH works and how much he would earn per hour, and the result was that you could get:

45.97 per week working tax credits;
63.91 per week child tax credits;
4.52 per week council tax benefit;
56.58 per week housing benefit;
20 per week child benefit.

So your total entitlement for benefits is 191 a week on top of the 850 a month your OH would take home. So you are looking at about 1700 a month between the two of you with his wage and your benefits and that's before he does any overtime. That's more than some people take home where the couple both work full time, so I would think yuorself lucky for that and check it out with the job centre, because entitledto is known for over-estimating what you are entitled to.

Hi BeckyxBoo,

Who would of thought asking a simple question would cause you so much hassle.

My partner works full time and we get housing benefit.

I'm a sahm. We get tax credits, child benefit and housing benefit.

Hope that helps hun xxx

Wow you get alot compared to most people! I am signed off work, with a sick note, 22 weeks pregnant, the only money coming in is OHs wage, which is 1100, and we have 700 of bills, with the remaining 400 we've got to get food, and get bits and bats for the baby, you're a lucky woman!!

Like us - me and OH work our knuckles to the bone and I get an average wage but am currently off sick and can only get 80 a week sickness pay, which is better than nothing but really ps me off as if I didn't own my own home and didn't work, I could get 800 a month in benefits no questions asked!

Hi BeckyxBoo,

You would of thought asking a simple question would cause you so much hassle.

Hope that helps hun xxx

I think the problem is the way the question was asked and it then came about that information given was incorrect (if someone works 38 hours a week at Tesco, it is impossible to have 800 gross a month from that!).

im a sahm my oh works full time in the bristish army and apart from child tax credits and child benifit we get f all help.

if this is how the government choose to work then stuff country

im a sahm my oh works full time in the bristish army and apart from child tax credits and child benifit we get f all help.

Same for me, Im a fulltime housewife and signed off work until baby is born, oh is in the british army, and even with a sicknote we're not entitled to anything, but once baby is due it'l be same as you xx

Same for me, Im a fulltime housewife and signed off work until baby is born, oh is in the british army, and even with a sicknote we're not entitled to anything, but once baby is due it'l be same as you xx

being a army wife makes it so diificult to find a decent job let alone get a career which i had but had to leave due to posting and even tho our lifes get messed around for this country u wuda thought wed get abit more help seen as how much tax ive paid n how much oh pays.

i feel a rant coming so ile stop now lol

Ahh the council strikes again! The whole system needs revising if you ask me. They benefit all the wrong people. It drives me crazy.

My dad struggled to bring me and my brother up on his own and he got NOTHING. Child benefit was it. If he was an 18 year old girl with two kids, he would have had everything!

I would really get into a huge rant because I feel VERY strongly about it all.

But I won't, because i'll offend too many people! x

LOL It's only cos I want to but am too chicken to do it myself! ;)

I'm all for the benefits system when it is used for the reason it was invented! I have negative respect for people who clearly and blatantly abuse that system!

your local council will have an online calculator which you can use to see if you qualify for council or housing benefit, you most likely will not get full benefits as your other half is working full-time but they may be able to help a little - worth a try.

Cant you even get ESA? when my of first got signed of work sick he got that .. its only £50 a week but it helps alot ..

Hi BeckyxBoo,

Who would of thought asking a simple question would cause you so much hassle.

Hope that helps hun xxx

thank you hun.. i havent applied for tax credits yet.. and i can only tell you what i think hes bringin home.. at end of day everyone can think what they like but we have a private rent place of our own so we have bills comin out of our eye balls to.. one simple question has started this but oh well.. i no maybe to keep my mouth shut in future

Apply to tax credits for child tax credits and working tax credits,they will only backdate for 3 months so you could lose out.

As far as i know, if you're rent is considered high,then they help you out.It all depends on the area you live in etc,for example a 1 bed flat in london would cost more than a 2 or 3 bed house in my area per month.So that's why there isn't a standard rate for everyone.

The benefits system annoys the crap out of me too.I'm not even going to go there as it makes me angry thinking about it.
:) x

I think i'm gonna leave work :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"